It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know what seems funny...no one gets anywhere, ever.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Im a new member here at ATS and I find it ALL very, deeply interesting. But roaming from thread to thread and viewing everyones perspectives...
Man i gotta tell you, its like we are getting nowhere.

Now i understand that we aren't trying to "get somewhere" but it's like we all have these huge life and worldly questions and all of these experts or people that have researched the topics, ALL HAVE DIFFERENT VIEWS.

Now please, PLEASE don't take the wrong tone to my message here, i LOVE ATS and I love to learn all these new ideas and theories... I really do.

But its hard to... dont you ever feel like...
like...
you get so worked up over something (a specific topic) and you go seeking advice... and then you get 10 people arguing over the correct answer. Or you get 10 people saying one thing, and 10 more people saying another?

REPEAT**
Now please, PLEASE don't take the wrong tone to my message here, i LOVE ATS and I love to learn all these new ideas and theories... I really do.

Does anyone have anything to say about that??? Or Feel that way???

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I know what you mean. I am new here too and everyone thinks their answer is the right one. Everyone forgets that most of the stuff posted on here is based on theory and really can't be proven. Yeah sure they will post a link stating there is the prove but how reliable is the internet. The way i view ATS is this: Alot of intellegent people here sharing views on issues that most people don't take the time to explore. I know if I tried to talk to people around me about these kinds of things, I would get a bunch of puzzled looks.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Yeah i agree. I like a place where i can ask questions and get intelligent replies instead of "who cares" or... "whatever Brit"

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The PTB likes that we are all squabbling amongst ourselves and chasing shadows, aliens and bigfoot. That way we aren't really watching them.

Pay close attention to the really smart ATS veterans ( the ones with lots of points and salient, well-thought out posts) and anyone who has legitimate and/or corroborated new information or ideas.

Ignore much of the rest. Some are trolls, some are stupid, some are provacateurs and some are agents of disinformation. You have to figure out which ones.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Yeah I totally agree with you there. Just like in the real world, you've got to filter out the noise to get a clear picture. It takes time and a bit of patience, plus a heavy dose of critical thinking.

One good thing about ATS that I find is that you get to hear all the differing opinions, so that helps you get to the truth, which usually lies in the middle.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
You are probably closest to the truth when people attack you for speaking it. Hence there is a translation overhead to make it sink into the thought field of the general culture with out evoking the customary "stoning of St. Steven syndrome."

You describe our existing leaders even in their own terms, and you are called a liar or worse. You complain truthfully and submit your grievance, then you are called a grievance. You prove it ten times over, and the liars call you a liar.

Finding the truth should not always be a private matter covered by a shroud. If language has any usefulness, it should begin with things we generally know to be true. Say "the sky is blue," and you will have physics to prove that too is an illusion. Colors are really a human perception, not necessarily an independent objective reality that we can prove. We know it is true the sky is blue without generally questioning anything. If there was a political reason to challenge that, you would see the pundits coming out of the rafters.

That's my argument, and I hope we are getting somewhere.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Very true...
Yeah any information on how ATS works, relating to the OP, would greatly be appreciated for me and any other new commer.

*if u would like to send me u2u and let me know maybe specific members that I should stay away from and ones that particularly know thier stuff... that would also be appreciated.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SimplyMaryJane

Oh... but now you are treading on dangerous ground! Who is to say which among us is right, legitimate or true? Crazy, dangerous or ridiculous? That starts to be censorship. I think you will have to try to "Deny Ignorance" on your own. Good Luck!

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

And right again you are.

SimpleMaryJane, you can always check their post history to get a better idea and judge for yourself. Just click on their name in the mini-profile on the left of their post to get to their main profile page. The post and thread history can be found by clicking the [posts] and [threads] link near the top of the page.

Good luck

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Most of what's posted on here is a waste of time, nothing is ever proven to the skeptics, and nothing is ever disproven to the believers. Whatever's posted usually only helps out those who already believe in what's been posted. Nothing's ever proven to anyone who didn't already believe in the conspiracy in the first place. Take for instance the New World Order forums. Nothing posted on there is enough to turn skeptics into believers or convince the masses that the NWO exists. A lot of what's posted looks crazy, intentionally or not, the truth is that some of it just looks way out there. Now, whether it's true or not isn't the point, because nobody's going to believe it if it doesn't look like it's true. and if nobody believes it, nobody's going to do anything to stop it.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingdrakethe3rd

HUH? I'll try to piece together what you mean by that paragraph.

If that is really how you feel, why bother reading anything on ATS or bothering to register here at all?

As Beachcoma stated you just have to sort through it.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

That's not true. There are gems in there that convinced me, a former non-believer in the NWO/globalist agenda that there is actually a group of global elites trying to bring about the New World Order. You just gotta look hard enough, and apply a healthy, I repeat, a healthy amount of scepticism.

In the case of the NWO, the gems are usually long and boring reads without sensationalism. Most people tend to stay away from those sort of articles.

You've gotta keep an open mind, but at the same time not buy into everything you read.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'm here because reading most of this stuff is amusing. I feel the way most people approach the subjects they're interested in are approaching it in a way that's doomed to accomplish nothing. If they're hoping to accomplish anything, they're wasting their time. If they're just doing it for the sake of doing it, and enjoy doing it, then so be it.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I've changed since I joined.
And I have changed quite a few of my views since I came to ATS. For example, when I came to ATS I bought into the evil-Masonic-conspiracy. The Members here convince me otherwise.
However, I still believe in an evil global agenda

I've learned a lot and now consider ATS a great one-stop-destination for getting the news I need and want.
I've broadened my horizons, learning about things I had never even heard of before.
I've made lots of friends here at ATS too.

I agree with those who say you have to read and make decisions about what to believe and not to believe.
Which is far better than with MSM where you seem to have little or no choiices.

edit, speelling

[edit on 22-9-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Message boards are in essence, another form of chats(even if BBS has been around longer)... "chat" goes on anyway. There's good content to be found, just like with the far reaches of the net. Plus the commentary on subjects is not only amusing but can be informative, what people think is right doesn't always make their opinions invalid.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by dreamingawake]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I see your point MaryJane. The problem lies in that when a subjuct is raised, it is impossible to present proof that it is real AND impossible to present proof that it isn't real.
People FOR present evidence such as photo and video which is too easily debunked given editing technology today, and people AGAINST tend to argue government issued "facts" (and we all know how often THEY tell the truth).
"Proof", in my opinion, is the only thing that does not exist.
If there IS any type of conspiracy, think logically. OF COURSE it will be covered up. And by peoply famous for not telling the truth.

[edit on 22/9/07 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Frustration is actually a good thing because it means that even though something isn't happening the way you want, the will to make it how you want pushes you to post comments like this and allows everyone here to "debunk" your skepticism over the validity of this forum standing as a valid avenue of discussion or entertainment.

There's definitely an entertainment value..
There's definitely a social value..
There's definitely a spiritual value..
There's definitely an intellectual value..
Hell, this place is a mental bank with the all too common lot of people who want to steal, use fake currency, loan you money etc...

You just have to realize why you are here and what you are trying to deposit or withdraw..

If it's for the social revolution then you're in for a loooooong and frustrating ride. No one will ever agree unless a topic is one zillion percent irrefutable.

if you are here for your mind/spirit then hop on mister and eat all the mental meat you can, apply it to your everyday life and continue to love ATS.

For me, I'm here for personal growth in understanding, analyzing and accepting truth.
Thankfully there's plenty of folks here that completely outweigh the numb-skulls that detract from a conclusion to an issue or a positive experience and at least once a week I read something that settles another piece of some puzzle within myself.

You love ATS for the same reasons I do and I encourage you once again to spit out the bones and put boneless meat on the table when you can.

b

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Oracle of delphi. Mass consciousness kind of thing. Nothing will ever be proved or disproved. I don't believe that is the point. It's an information blender. Some of it good, some of it bad. We all have a need to connect in some relatively meaningful way. Our thoughts, blended, sifted, and extrapolated for interesting content. 20 yrs in the medical field gives me certain advantages in health issues. Why my downstairs pipe leaks I'd rather hear from a master plumber. All of us have special talents to share.

top topics

join