It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Studying in England (UK)... Visa Help?

page: 1

log in


posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:08 PM
If you were to plan on going to the UK an you are from the USA, you w-do not need a visa for 6 months or less.

But for me I am studying for a year, an just practically found out a couple weeks ago

Bad timing eh

but I need to know what can I do, to even get this organized an figured out to get a visa for a year in so short of time, for the fact the school begins on the 30th of September.

So all in all, I checked the UK USA sites, an I can call, for about 2.50$ a minute

I wanted to first try an get help here for any way or help you can offer if it be expertise of just common knowledge, my time is counting down, an its my fault, but anything anyone can do will be greatly appreciated.

"It is advisable to apply at least three or four weeks before traveling but not prior to 90 days before your course starts. Visa-issuing consulates are only able to post-date visas by 90 days. Therefore, if your course starts on September 1, the earliest you can apply for Entry Clearance is June 1."

From this information above, is it possible to enter England on a 6 month basis, an than apply for a whole year while in England?



[edit on 21-9-2007 by ragster]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:14 PM
reply to post by ragster

Ragster, have you tried calling or visiting the nearest British embassy or consultate? And if you are planning to study in the UK, have you discussed this with the college you are planning to study at.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:21 PM
I have not trying to visit an embassy yet, there is one about 3 hours away, but it has no way to issue Visas, the only close one is in New York, but that is about 10 hours away.

Also the school is aware of everything also, but it was too late when I was accepted to apply by mail for a visa.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:30 PM
ragster, try this web site for information on visa requirements

Visa Requirements

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:38 PM
Yes I know about the requirements an what is needed.

It is just I do not have time now to apply for a year visa from the UK, it takes 90 days, I think the only way is if I go to the British Embassy in New York an apply in person.

So since that is a lot of work, I was thinking I could enter the UK in a 6 month no visa needed term. Than go to London an apply to stay longer.

Do you know if it is aloud to apply for extended stay in the UK?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:52 PM
No idea but would suspect you could be talking a risk by entering the UK on a visitors visa and then applying for an extended visa.

The embassy should be able to give you guidance on this. You could try contacting the National Union of Students. They should be a union rep at your college.

new topics

top topics

log in