It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigrants Chase False Hope to Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Here's a celsius/fahrenheit converter for our American friends:

www.wbuf.noaa.gov...

Yup, it gets that damn cold here.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

True about the skin freezing but you left out the fact that when the temperature is down around -40 F if you take a breath without having your face covered it will freeze your lungs instantly. I know I had a friend who ran out to start his car in ND thinking he was macho no coat no face cover and presto he died. The next day the Minot Base commander issued an order all those assigned to Minot would wear parkas at all times when the temperature out side was below a certain temperature I forgot exactly what it was now.

As for asking them to come to BC trust me you might want to consider that thought. Once they get there they will immediately offer to do work for far less than your average Canadians which is not a good thing. From that, point on even you will be forced to work for lower wages simply because employers know they can get cheaper labor then you if they need it.

As for the claims they are doing jobs Americans will not do, do not believe it. Yes at one time it was true but then it was related to farm type labor, which is no longer the case. Now they have invaded the construction industry and taken most of those jobs with some exceptions. They have also taken over most other industries thus taking the jobs away from Americans rather then doing jobs Americans will not do. A good example would be the meat industry that was solid American until the Mexicans took over during some labor strikes in Wisconsin and Iowa.

Another example would be fast food resturants many children would get summer jobs ther and service was good, now most employ Meixcans and service sucks.

I am sure yu wuld not like to see the same happen in BC would you?

<< 1   >>

join