It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is talking about being abducted by ETs a violation of ATS' TOS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This is mostly in jest regarding the Above Top Secret Terms of Service, but if this law is true, claiming to be an 'abductee' here at ATS would be in violation, and all threads closed, right?

ET Exposure Law Passed By
Congress Years Ago - Why?
from Rense

On October 5, 1982, Dr. Brian T. Clifford of the Pentagon announced at a press conference ('The Star', New York, Oct. 5, 1982) that contact between U.S. citizens and extra-terrestrials or their vehicles is strictly illegal. According to a law already on the books (Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, adopted on July 16, 1969, before the Apollo moon shots), anyone guilty of such contact automatically becomes a wanted criminal to be jailed for one year and fined $5,000. The NASA administrator is empowered to determine with or without a hearing that a person or object has been 'extraterrestrially exposed' and impose an indeterminate quarantine under armed guard, which could not be broken even by court order. There is no limit placed on the number of individuals who could thus be arbitrarily quarantined.

I will enjoy hearing back from you all?
DocMoreau

(edit for spelling)

[edit on 21/9/2007 by DocMoreau]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
So these aliens come to me in an altered state, paralyze me, use hot alien babes to extract my essence, take me to God knows where, and I gotta pay 5 g's.......WTF!!!!

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

There is now no such section. Title 14, Section 1211 is "Reserved' I believe the whole thing was rescinded some years ago. Here is the index to the relevant part. Edit: Yup. That was removed April, 1991. It gives the citation at the bottom of the Rense posting.

So your worries about violating T&C are over.

[edit on 9/21/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

You gotta pay in the US ???

Here in the UK they pay us, then the Income tax people find out and tax us on it

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I must remind everyone, that in order for this thread not to get closed down, I need you to refrain from actually discussing criminal acts, ie if you have been abducted.

Talking about it the way that Dr. Love did, in a 'what if' type of way is ok. I just don't want any mods havin a reason to shut us down, ya know?

So keep your stories to yourself until we get this whole thing clarified,
DocMoreau

(wink)

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I see... I am not a lawyer, so it is hard for me to tell.

I guess that if the law is not real, than the threat to our TOS is not real either. But if the law is real... Then they need to close all the abduction story threads...

DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The law WAS real, but it has since been rescended. However, I believe there is a new wording of it, that specifies it to more directly apply more to spaceborne biologics that may contaminate astronauts, etc. instead of sounding like alien beings, though it could still be applied in a loose sense.
I'd have to reference the exact code to be sure.

As nobody has EVER (to my knowledge) been even accused of violating this, I'd say it's pretty safe to discuss here on ATS....

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The other day, a rock fell out of the sky and landed in my back yard. There was some goo on it. I poked it and it glommed on to my arm. I think it is eating my arm. It is definitely an alien biological material.

It is green, and it hurts. Can someone get this alien biological material off of my arm? I encourage and solicit any thoughts regarding alien biological material be responded to in this thread.

There... done.

Someone call the Feds.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
tafkac.org...

The law was repealed in 1991. It applied only to NASA missions, therefore an ET landing would not have qualified.

It required anyone who had been within the atmosphere of, or physically toched any celestial body, or anyone who came in contact with people or material who had done so, to submit to quarantine if so ordered.

The consequences were relatively light- you can actually get in a lot more trouble for repeat offenses of simple possession of anabolic steroids.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
tafkac.org...

The law was repealed in 1991. It applied only to NASA missions, therefore an ET landing would not have qualified.

In that case I really need to get this goo off of my arm, as it no longer serves a rhetorical purpose and it still hurts.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Thanks for all the insight.

This has been a very fun thread!
You all are great!

DocMoreau

P.S. Maybe someone should tell Rense.
I hate that fake marble background too. Rense should ditch that when he edits out the article...
In the world of the 'Unkown' ATS is the only website that brings a format that is easy on the eyes. Half the 'Unkown' type websites must have been made to keep you from ever coming back.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
What gazrok said, but someone did ask cheney what he knew about ufos and he replied they would be classified. So we know were that information would go to.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
That is awful, they were afraid back then that when their contracts ran out that the aliens may begin to contact ordinary citizens and then all of the years of secrets would be blown. Of course they extended the contracts and have less of a fear of alien human contact then before as they consider the years of propaganda have paid off fully. If you admit to alien contact they just place you in the nut job category. I guess.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ectoterrestrial

Maybe it is the "Blob". Which would suck because that thing will eat everything and finally overcome the entire planet. Complete encapsulation of the planet.

new topics

top topics

join