It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sifting through it all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Let me start by saying that I am not a skeptic. Some things I have been presented too much information to discount, some I would like more feasible proof on, and others are just downright preposterous. I guess what I'm getting at, is it really safe to go commenting on this stuff? Say you have to submit to an FBI background check in the future. (I've had one done on me in the past, trust me, they're quite thorough) Well, who's to say you won't be labeled a nutcase for life? Paranoid? Maybe so, but who can give a good reason not to be?

Really nice forum layout and site design by the way. It's nice to see a unique forum.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by U-235]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I would say anything you post someone may in the future try to paint you with in an inaccurate way.

Note that this is actually true anywhere on the net.

If you are worried about being labeled a nut case just start your post with lots of, I had a fun thought, or hypothetically just to have something to think about, ect..

You can always make it clear that when you post a story or an idea that it is for entertainment and a fun way to challenge your imagination.

Of coarse anyone that wants to can still take it out of context.

And posting in the political sections can easily limit possible security clearances if you challenge authority or say things like police state. Its not fair but that is the reality of living in our current Police State.

And Welcome

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Pff... I've already had a security clearance once, and I doubt I'll be going to do that again. But you know, with the freedom of information act, information is just that, free. Free to anyone now. Free to be compiled and scrutinized by anyone at leisure. Patriot act.... Well lets just say the two acts separately could possibly be a good thing (probably not) but when you combine the two, well... I have to agree with your comment about a police state.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by U-235

Hey U-235 & Welcome to ATS

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
U-235 welcome to the site, fellow rookie. If that is a legitimate concern of yours for employment reasons you may want to rethink, or be very abstract in what you say. Cheers mate.

new topics

top topics

join