It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plame, Loose Nukes & Government Involvement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Something just occurred to me. Remember a couple years back when Valerie Plame was outted as a CIA spy? No one could quite guess why a twenty year career would be ended by top government officials. What purposed did this serve?

Well, now with the whole Minot AF Base Nuke scandal we may be seeing the culmination of the "al Queda's" next big attack.

..the mistake was not discovered until the B-52 landed at Barskdale, which left the warheads unaccounted for during the approximately 3 1/2 hour flight between the two bases, the officers said.

This reads better than a daytime soap opera.

Many people will say that Plame was outted because of what she claimed she "didn't find in Africa." Namely, yellowcake. You have to understand that Plame spent the better part of her life working for the CIA as Operational Officer in charge of counter-proliferation. Basically, she tracked loose nukes and materials that could be used to construct dirty bombs. Some will say that Plame was outted because she went against the White House claim that Iraq had been attempting to purchase this material from Niger. To me, this is just a smoke and mirrors, hologram tactic that Dick Cheney, a Defense Department mastermind, devised after the invasion of Iraq in hopes of pursuing his real target, Iran.

With a 20-year veteran intelligence spy in charge of overseeing the world's nuclear arsenal out of the way, Cheney would be free to steal the weapons needed to trigger the war he so badly wants with Iran.

Valerie Plame Leak

... raises more questions than it answers.

Among them: For what purpose did Cheney disclose Plame's identity to Libby? Was Cheney aware Libby apparently then discussed Plame with Karl Rove (search), President Bush's deputy chief of staff, and that both were talking about her with reporters? Did Cheney speak to reporters about Plame himself?

Form er Time editor speaks out on Plame

Norman Pearlstine, the former editor in chief of Time Inc. who was at the helm of the weekly news magazine during the controversy surrounding the outing of CIA officer Valerie Plame, spoke Tuesday at the Watson Institute for International Studies ...
... Pearlstine, now a senior adviser to the Carlyle Group...
... "We are not as straight and honest with our sources about what the rules are or ought to be," he said, pointing out the need for journalists to communicate better with sources during interviews.

Of course all this is only speculation. I have no proof of missing nukes. I have no proof that Cheney devised this plan. But, there is one thing that's for sure: The world is now seeing a mass amount of media coverage regarding Nuclear Proliferation and Iran. They are not he only one's getting attention. Syria and North Korea have recently popped up as culprits in nuclear scandal. To me this is only legitimizing the false threat. As to not place the blame on only Iran, but to look as if the world is a nuclear threat and place the nuclear fear back in America that it at one time had during the start of the Cold War. Fear-Mongering Tactics have worked for centuries to control mass popular opinion.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Despite the calls from other White House officials for a more diplomatic resolution, Dick Cheney still pushes his desperately wanted War with Iran:

Cheny on Iran

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has argued for a continued diplomatic approach, while officials in Vice President Dick Cheney’s office seek to isolate and contain Iran, including greater consideration of a military strike.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
More input from this opinionated article:

OpEdNews.com

We know this because ... Ambassador Joe Wilson, denounced the yellowcake from Niger lie in a New York Times op-ed, soon after Bush asserted it in his State of the Union speech. Wilson, via the outing of his CIA wife Valerie Plame, paid a heavy price for his whistleblowing. So did the American people, as Plame's CIA network was devoted to protecting us from WMD's in the hands of terrorists. ... The outing of Plame, by the way, is ample grounds for prosecution of Bush and Cheney for high treason.

Bush and Cheney expected to be able to control the US population with a combination of fascist legislation, terrorist threats of all sorts, copious distraction in the mainstream media ranging from Michael Jackson to the presidential race of '08, economic hardship, etc. Instead, our awareness of our sovereignty and rights as We the People has grown tremendously.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Does anyone else see a link here? anyone? anyone?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Are you suggesting that Plame had involvement that might lead to the situation regarding the nukes being accidentally carried over the US?

Here is my problem with the argument. There is nothing to really suggest that there are ANY missing nukes, let alone 2. IMO, if this government wanted some nukes to "get lost" to use them for more sinister purposes then I would HOPE they would be a bit slicker than playing the old "no you see it, now you don't game" and the operation would not have made national news.

it seems to me that if the US needed nukes for sinister reasons, then they would just take them.

Also, forgive me if I am wrong, but Plame was not reporting about the Niger yellow cake, it was her husband, Joe Wilson. Plame was outed as a punishment for his report, or so the story goes.

Further, what would be the final use for these "missing nukes?". Would they be used on US soil or used abroad as a catalyst to start anther war in the ME.

I see your points, but they are pretty far between and a bit too transparent.

I would assume if something WAS going on it would be a bit more top secret.

All interesting points though!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The yellowcake incident was my mistake. It was indeed her husband, who was a diplomat, that took the stance on the Niger lies being told.

I was not suggestion that Plame had anything to do with the mix up of nukes. I'm suggesting that she would have been aware of various nuclear transfers around the world (had been for nearly 20 years) and now that she's out of the way someone with less experience, know how, and history would be in her place. With her hisband sticking to his guns on the yellowcake scandal, it's far less likely that Plume would overlook such an incident as missing nukes. Thus, the outting and dismissal of Plame.

As for the reason to make national news. Your guess is as good as mine. I'd say public national recognition once the nukes have to be explained. It didn't seem to make much sense of outting a CIA spy in retaliation for a Niger yellowcake lie at the time that it happened, but now seems it could have had purpose, other than retaliation.

new topics

top topics

join