It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Ron Paul know something we don't?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Hey everybody, I firstly would like to say that I have been reading posts on these forums for months now an absolutely love it, you people really cover all sorts of interesting subjects.

Now...
I am from Canada and am not 100% clear on how the whole election process works in the US but I understand that a candidate has to win the primary first and then he/she will represent their party correct? For the past couple of weeks I have really been looking into Ron Paul and I must say, he must of really hit some nerves to the people "way up". This got me thinking, does Ron Paul seriously think he can win? I mean... votes can (and are as I recall) be rigged to not let him win the primary. If he goes through, they can rig the presidential elections as well. Of course other scenarios include dying from an "accident" courtesy of the many govt. entities he vowed to dissolve (CIA, FBI, IRS etc...).

The thing I'm wondering is that Ron knows this for sure yet he still goes at it. Why? Here are a few possibilities I came up with (some are quite far-fetched )

1. He is doing it because he genuinely loves America and wants to bring the nation back to its root beliefs (constitution)

2. He is doing it because he has some sort of conviction or guarantee that whoever is "backing" him up will make sure that there will be no threats to his life or that "rigged election scenarios" will be taken care of.
( I would like to side track a second here and ask anyone who might be informed of this: I read that Ron Paul is the 3rd most funded among conservatives. I understand he has a big appeal with the people but to be 3rd don't you need the backing of some major corporation(s)? That begs the question, who would want to fund this guy who has vowed to take down so many govt. entities.)

3. He is doing it because it is all a set up. I know this is very unlikely but what if the media cannot stop him and he gets mind controlled/brainwashed/blackmailed/threatened and get subdued to not following through his promises. I mean hey...this is the IRS and CIA's life we're talking about, wouldn't they use every method possible to stay alive?

4. He is doing it because he has been contacted by extraterrestrials (no not the reptilians and not the greys) and has been told that he will be put out of harms way and will be voted as president and finally disclose to the American people (and the world) about the extraterrestrial presence on earth. Possible? yes Probable? not really...but you never know!

This is my first post so please be gentle

Thanks for reading!

note: you might notice that hypothesis 1 has the least chance of getting him elected all the way to #4 where I think he has the greater chance (if your protected by ET's I doubt anything on this earth can harm you)

[edit on 21-9-2007 by vegno]

[edit on 21-9-2007 by vegno]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ron Paul doesn't have a fat lady in a donut factory chance of winning the Republican nomination. He is better of running as a lib which is what he really is, his beliefs are not conservative enough for a Repub...and he is kinda whacko.

(I apologize to any whackos out there that might be offended by my comment)

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'm hoping for number 1, and from looking at the support he is getting from the big corporations, I tend to believe he is honest. His name is the only one I see out here in LA being spray-painted on bed sheets and hung on fences. I believe in the man and I truly hope he wins, and I truly believe he can with enough "little man" support. It's just a matter of getting his message out. The mainstream media doesn't seem to want to help, his name is not even included in some fo their polls

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Hi. I was a lurker to up until recently too. Yes, you are correct in your assessment of how nominees are chosen, but:

In the general election for president anyone can vote for whichever candidate they want. You can even write in Mickey Mouse if you so desire. However, in the primaries you can only vote for your party's candidate. So if you are registered a Democrat you can only vote for a Democratic nominee, a Republican can only vote for a Republican, etc. And if you are registered no party affiliation you're SOL as far as the primaries for chosing a known candidate. For example, I am registered as a Democrat, and although I love Ron Paul I can not vote for him in the primaries unless I change my party status.

As far as winning the Presidency that is left up to the Electoral College (which in my opinion is so outdated and unnecessary it isn't even funny). So the popular vote doesn't count. And with accusations of voter fraud and fixed machines from Diebold who knows.

As far as Ron Paul himself, I do believe him to be genuine, and I don't think it is a set-up. I base this solely on his voting record, and the fact that he hasn't all of a sudden changed since he was put in the spotlight. And as far as doing away with the CIA and the Federal Reserve... I think that is a great way to attract votes, and I do think he truly would like to do away with them. But even if he became president he would not be able to... and I think he is a smart enough man to realize that.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole

As far as winning the Presidency that is left up to the Electoral College (which in my opinion is so outdated and unnecessary it isn't even funny).

Excuse me, could you please explain why this is so?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by josephus maximus
Ron Paul doesn't have a fat lady in a donut factory chance of winning the Republican nomination. He is better of running as a lib which is what he really is, his beliefs are not conservative enough for a Repub...and he is kinda whacko.

I have to disagree here. He may not have much of a chance, but running Lib will do nothing. Until Americans wake up and realize the Dem/Rep illusion of choice a Lib vote is pretty much throwing your vote away.

And his views are actually the most "Republican" of anyone Republican who is running. He believes in The Constitution, small government, doesn't like the way the CIA conducts itself, less government intervention incitizen's lives, has never voted to raise taxes, voted against The Patriot Act, voted against preemptive war... these were Republican values before the neoconservatives and their ilk took over.

Not sure what is so whacko about that.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by josephus maximus

Because in this day and age there is absolutely no reason why every person's vote shouldn't count, instead of the counts of representative.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'm curious what exactly it is that makes you think he is a "whacko"?

Because he offers a platform that doesn't quite fit the "Republicrat" mold?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole

Because in this day and age there is absolutely no reason why every person's vote shouldn't count, instead of the counts of representative.

Because you take a state like New York or California which are both very populated (people per acre) and the votes per capita is not balanced. Instead each state has a certain number of electoral votes assigned to it as per the number of citizens living there. The electoral college isn't a group of people, it is just a name given to the number of assigned votes each state is given.
We wouldn't need it if there weren't so many whackos in Cali and NY, Massachesets...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   

He is a True Republican Conservative. His voting record proves it. Much more than anyone else running in the Republican camp.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Ron Paul - The Savior of Our Nation?

I think so... he must have balls the size of small planets to go up against the majority by running for president. Althought it seems he might actually have a chance. I have talked to a few people (sheeple) who even noticed that he has been silenced and ignored on a number of occasions, specifically by the media.

THE SHEEPLE ARE AWAKENING! SPREAD THE WORD!

Also, anyone know the status of NESARA? Is it real? Everything I find is conjectured dates and such. This could be part of Ron's agenda? Maybe I should go read...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I have to disagree Josephus. He is what a textbook Republican should be. Less tax, less government involvement, pro-life and pro-gun. The only characteristic that sort of takes him out of the mold is his stance against the war. In one of his speeches that he explains why Republicans should not be ashamed of opposing a war that is obviously a waste of money, time, resources, and most importantly, lives.

The sad part is, we have seen so many republicans straying from their initial premise over the years that when we actually see a candidate with real republican values, we tend to brush him off as a 'whacko'.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Many corporations might support him BECAUSE he wants to do away with so many government institutions. Having to fight your way through red tape to conduct business is not good for the economy and is particularly bad for small businesses.

Here is a video that talks all about it.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Snap]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well I was going to correct Joseph, but it has been done already. Joseph I saw on a post you made here refering to michael savage for president. While I enjoy listening to Savage, sometimes you have to step away from the mainstream, and not take everything that is presented to you at face value. I dont believe Savage spreads disinfo, but his way of taking care of the problems in this country, border on dissolving too many of our civil liberites. As for Ron Paul, I have listened to what the mainstream news says about him, but you have to look at his voting record, that speaks volumes about who he is and what his true beliefs are. As far as him not being a "true conservative", I can tell you one thing, bush who is a repub, is about as far away from a true conservative as you can get. Dont even get me going on Gouliani, it wouldnt suprise me one bit if he doesnt win the bid to see clinton guliani 08! I get so sick of him wearing that 911 thing around like a 12 inch pecker I could honestly vomit. He has to throw that into everything he says, well when I was governer before 911, or when I was governer after 911, give it a rest Rudy, we get it pal. It reminds me of a family guy episode, when Lois is running for governer of the town. She tries to explain all the problems she is going to fix, the people dont react. then she says something about 911 and the people go crazy, pretty soon all she has to say is 911 and it whips them into a frenzy. That is all I could think of when that republican debate was on. Ron Paul may not have a fat ladies chance in a donut shop, but at least he is real, and tries to offer real solutions.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I have to say I have the feeling that most Americans would vote for Ron Paul, but the thing I doubt that is he would win.

If he doesn't win, are you [generally] going to say that the vote count / election has been violated again? I'm not even too sure if the votes really do count by the people.

IMO, it's better to vote by letters and papers than voting electrically.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Excuse me, could you please explain why this is so?

The EC makes it possible for a candidate to win the election, without receiving the most votes. See the results of the last presidential election for an example...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Ron Paul is what Republicans were in the main perhaps forty years ago. He is the last Constitutionalist Republican ... from all apparent evidence. Most other US politicians range between Senator Clinton's belief that the Constitution needs to be replaced to President Geo. W. Bush's feeling that "the Constitution is just a g**d**ned piece of paper". Then there are those who will salute the U.S. Constitution and then use it for toilet paper.

Ron Paul has a clear and precise message from which he has never strayed. He is drawing people to his support from the right and also from the left. His candidacy will become more and more significant, and should he run as a third party candidate he will do far better than any other third party candidate in USA electoral history. Part of the problem with third party candidates is their inability to build broad coalitions; however, Ron Paul is doing so with a very clear message regarding the U.S. Constitution and rejecting the Soviet/Nazi doctrine of wars of pre-emption in favour of retaining the Just War/No War theory and approach to military engagements.

Although I am Canadian I have two children who are U.S. citizens now. One is about as far left on the political spectrum and the other is a sort of Reagan Democrat. I can't recall a time in their lives when they have agreed on anything politically, but they are both supporting and working for Ron Paul. To my mind, whilst anecdotal, nonetheless a little miracle.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

He is better of running as a lib which is what he really is, his beliefs are not conservative enough for a Repub...and he is kinda whacko.

I believe he won 2% of votes as a Lib candidate in '88. All of us RP supporters know he will do better as a Rep. candidate.

Also thanks for the "wacko" insult. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if I said that if you don't support Ron Paul you are an idiot who wants a new world order and loves Hitler, and worships satan at the grove, so I won't.

I would like to add that the electoral college is indeed worthless. All individual votes from citizens should be tallied to their respective candidates - why is this not obvious, I don't know.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I consider him a"whacko" because he wants to get rid of CIA, FBI and probably Homeland security. He also wants to minimize our military presence throughout the world. That is totally whacked out. How can we be a superpower if he does that?

The only thing I have heard him say that I agree wth is he wants to abolish the IRS.

How does he feel about the fair tax? if he is for it that is 2 good things on his side.
Did I hear someone say that someone is a REAGAN DEMOCRAT???? WTF??? is that some kind of insult?

[edit on 21-9-2007 by josephus maximus]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

How does he feel about the fair tax?

Ron Paul is against the FairTax, and I think you should research exactly why.

Here's a decent article: The Fair Tax Fraud

The CIA and FBI are corrupt. We don't need a military
presence around the world to be a superpower.

Look at America's problems, you're a Roman, didn't you learn anything?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join