It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Looming Immigration Crackdown a Painful Exercise in Futility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Bush's Looming Immigration Crackdown a Painful Exercise in Futility

www.alternet.org

This fall, Americans are going to witness a brutal and ham-fisted "crackdown" on illegal immigration by the Bush Administration. It will be a stark and tragic illustration of what happens when a vocal and well-organized minority of hardliners hijacks the country's legislative process.

The results are entirely predictable - the results of bad public policy are in some ways easier to forecast than good.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
An entirely cosmetic exercise aimed solely at appeasement without any real hope of success.
Illegal immigration is a problem in many countries, but apparently none more so than the US.
But just how will the economy cope if (and it's a big if) this campaign manages to actually put a dent in the number of illegals?

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The idea that the president of northern mexico "bush" would crack down on his illegal family pouring over the southern border is a complete joke.

Fox the x-prez of mexico just wrote in his auto-bio that bush promised him open borders in a meeting just before 911.

The american people...a vast majority, not a small vocal radical few.....want the border closed NOW!

For the 20 million illegals here, go back to your own rat-hole, 10th world, disease infested hell-hole. Get out while you can still steal a car and someone elses creditcard to steal the gas.

America will not tolerate your invasion much longer.

When the US army and marines get through with Iraq they are coming home to kick all you illegals OUT.............

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Ah yes, the land of the free, whose virtues and values are built on welcoming immigrants within it's borders and teaching them the american way.

And bigotry too it seems.

This kind of thing realy makes me sick - screw them over, then whinge when they want to help themselves.

Go after the guys who use the cheap labour - take away the job market and the problems gone - but that'll never happen, too much money to be made.

And if that fails send for the marines and MURDER THEM???

One sick puppy.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I agree is just a make believe, he will never do anything to jeopardized his planned North American Union.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Him and blair - onee the euro president, bush the NA economic alliance
tut@ power hungry monsters

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
That's really nothing but a pro-illegal and pro-immigration editorial, but it does raise a very important question, which, budski, you should know. What exactly are these "immigration raids" and how do they determine who is illegal, where to raid, and so on?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Man that editor is not going to be happy when she finds this alleged exercise in futility is working.

Evidenced by hundreds if not thousands of Mexicans fleeing to canada

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The raids are nothing but a PR exercise - it's the same in the UK.
Yes, illegal immigration is a problem, but it won't be solved by these kind of heavy handed publicity stunts.

The real problem as I say it, is the people who make money by employing illegals - of course the illegals will take the work.

In the UK, immigrants are doing the rubbish jobs that no-one else wants and in doing so, help the economy, but illegal immigrants are below the line and provide wealth only for unscrupulous employers.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
[edit on 21-9-2007 by princeofpeace]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Ah yes, the land of the free, whose virtues and values are built on welcoming immigrants within it's borders and teaching them the american way.

yeah, but they dont want to learn the American way, they want to keep their culture fully intact but take advantage of our rights and push the culture on you. forget even learning English, they have no intention of assimilating. now they want us to learn spanish to cater to them.

[edit on 9/21/2007 by bokinsmowl]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The United States of Meximerica. It's here. It's been here. And it's not going away. Politicos will make appeasement attempts to the people. Truth is big biz LOVES cheap labor. And big biz owns the gov.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Every ethnic group that ever went to america tried to hold on to their own culture, but were gradually assimilated.
This will be no different, it just takes a few generations.

It's the same the world over.
Some just deal with it better than others - for instance the French don't deal with it very well, the Australians do.

So, the message is: Get Used To It.
cos it ain't going away.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Budski, do you know the answer to my questions? I could do some research myself, but I figured you'd already know.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I don't think this is going to happen, nor do I think the raids will go full-scale. I live in the southwest and have heard nothing of this. And while we could go back and forth all day on illegal immigration I will say this. Illegals make up a lot of the people around here who clean homes (and probably offices), do construction, cook, wash dishes, landscape, etc.

I really don't feel Bush has ever wanted to close the borders- you would have thought after 9/11 that would have been a top priority. The only conclusion I have come to, like someone else did above me, is because of the North American Union, which incidentally is not discussed much in American news. I am under the impression Canadian news has covered it more. The only reference I can find to in our MSM is Lou Dobbs:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
And one thing about the Amero, new currency, courtesy of the CBC:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole

Of course it won't happen - just a PR exercise.

These things always start coming up around election time (UK) - I'd imagine that the US is pretty much the same.
Grasping, clawing and trying to hold onto power at any cost - and hey, a few lies won't hurt, will they?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The take over already started the beginning for the union with the Mexican trucks allowed to come into the country, (for now is supposed to be a test)but we all know that once they got the approval about 500 firms (anybody correct me if I am wrong please) will be getting their hands on one of the last goods in America the trucking business.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Budski, what is this "crackdown," exactly? How do they know where to do these raids?

Are they requiring a warrant?

I'm afraid because going into a home without a warrant is illegal search and seizure. This could be detrimental to our rights.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
try reading the article.

You seem to want others to do your reading and research for you.
Not gonna happen.

And if you persist in following me from thread to thread trying to get me riled, you are going to fail.

Now run along little boy and let the grown ups play.

*click* ignore

[edit on 22/9/2007 by budski]

top topics

join