It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush again tries to sell out America (after dad is paid off)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
www.ft.com...

Carlyle agreed on Thursday to sell a 7.5 per cent stake in itself to an arm of Abu Dhabi’s government – the latest US private equity group to bring in a sovereign wealth fund as a big investor.

"If we give millions to your dad"

www.wnd.com...

In a complex set of transactions, Dubai is moving to acquire 19.9 percent of the Nasdaq in New York, placing the Arab government in an ownership position of the key U.S. stock exchange and raising concerns in Congress.

"Can we buy the nasdaq?"

Didn't these guys already try to buy our ports?

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

George W. Bush

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Like you said is pay day baby and the Arabs are getting their fare share from 9/11.

I bet the bin-laden family deals with the Carlyle group are blooming.

This our good ole capitalistic government at work.

Will congress fight this one or the last one was just political play in the big political game.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Welcome to Saudi America.

That's a very eerie feeling to know that a foreign nation will own such a large percent of our nations stock market.

This can't turn out good, any way it goes.

Great thread, Shooterbrody.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well it seems that is a competition with China, see their Carlyle rival Blackstone Group LP. sold 3 billions to China.

Incredible, we have communists and terrorist into our markets.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Money rules, he is only are putting US ahead of the economic dog race. It ain't never pretty, if you ever in stock market or banking industry, you know. It's all about unholy alliance or else, it's dog eat dog.

get that, and you understand how ruthlessly competitive markets like Japan and Korea, and Hong Kong works. In their standards, USA is getting behind.

As for the rest of you who thinks US economy is and should remain "passive", go be a volunteer at a soup kitchen and receive welfare, because money don't matter to you.

If capitalism have a heart, USA will be like China and Cuba.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

If capitalism have a heart, USA will be like China and Cuba.

This has nothing to do with heart, it has to do with our president again trying to sell out his own country.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
We should just remove the 50 stars on the flag,and replace it with a "For Sale" sign.
People are either to blind,to dumb,or just dont care whats happening.
A shame really,to watch this experiment called democracy die without a fight.
Hey,maybe we can buy the constitution or the bill of rights at a rummage sale someday.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Perhaps all this is a pay off from the failed port deals, probably the Bush administration told them to wait until it cool off and then they will guarantee a big deal with the Carlyle group and a big piece in the NASDAQ.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Are people here all high..??

This is a global economy - if you want foreigners to list on your exchange wouldn't it be a good idea'r to have someone in a position to make the handshakes and help close the deals..??

Do you favor locking out American's from taking an ownership stake in foreign owned companies..?? Last time I checked my Saab was a GM product....

Call it back scratching and BTW - just how is this a Bush Jr. issue..?? He has no day to day control or say over these deals - it's a private company dude and not a national asset.

That said - I do not favor this deal and hope the FTC shuts it down but at the end of the day I understand how and why companies do this and look beyond who may be a shareholder or board member. American's have huge ownership stakes overseas just and foreigners have huge stakes here. It's called good business....

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well you are right is business as usual, but remember the role that our President's father hold with the Carlyle group at one point he was the one in charge.

Also remember the big deal that the Democrats made as a political move going against Bush and its plans to have Dubai take hold of our ports.

To me is very hypocritical that so much stink was made about the port deal and I was one of them BTW and now is OK with this incoming deals.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
He's old - like my dad old. He plays golf and takes naps in the afternoon - it's what old white guys do. Work - not a chance....

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Call it back scratching and BTW - just how is this a Bush Jr. issue..?? He has no day to day control or say over these deals - it's a private company dude and not a national asset.

Guess you didn't bother to actually read the article. He is the CIC. He is ultimately responsible for national security. He tried to sell our ports to these guys in case you forgot. They are going to get 19% of the nasdaq and 28% of the london stock exchange.

The announcement set off a firestorm of criticism in Washington, prompting President Bush to comment today in a news conference, "We're going to take a good look at it, as to whether or not it has any national security implications involved in the transaction. I'm comfortable with the process to go forward."

That is why it has to do with the president. If you think giving MILLIONS to his dad won't garner them favor in the "good look at it" you are naive.

On July 26, Bush signed into law the Foreign Investment and National Security Act of 2007, a law passed after last year's controversy over the effort by Dubai Ports World to acquire London-based Peninsular & Oriental Steam Navigation, an international ports operating firm that would have given Dubai control of operations in up to 22 U.S. ports.

Foreign Investment and National Security Act.....gee who is responsible to keep us safe again?

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Set to invest in Tesla technology at last.

Finally getting a piece of the non oil energy source.

That is what its all about.

Or getting some oil war profits.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Arrest everybody involved in dirty dealings? Where is the justice league on these things, i mean dont we have a group of sworn dedicated soldiers willing to arrest presidents?

the model of a perfect america is as follows.

Everyone farms food for themselves, donates portions for public who cant.

Specialty fields are compensated by the satisfaction of helping the progress of man, seeing as goods and services are generally free.

The space program and intergalactic travel drive the people so money is archaic.

War is useless as it onlytakes us back, but we still maintain strong and tested defenses for possible threats.

If we nix out money, no nation can control, if we militarily protect our resources, they cant get them. WHich is what they want.

I condemn every country trying to steal america like shady dogs. This is not your country, your money is easily burnable, and your souls are empty holes of filth. I pray to the benevolence of God that he allow your destruction be way worse than ours if it happens.

[edit on 23-9-2007 by mastermind77]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I invested in a Helium gathering company and have an idea it may
be a Tesla energy source... Helium from isotope activity.

If the Carlyle Group buys it out, I'll let you know I was on to something.

new topics

top topics

join