It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Wells in Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I'm starting this thread to find out if there are any conspiracy theories about all the gas wells that are popping up in Texas. During the past couple of years there have been gas wells and pipelines going up very rapidly.

Supposedly there was a new type of horizontal drilling discovered and the gas wells have been going up left and right. Also, along with the drilling is the disposal of salt water. After they use the water they put it back in the ground.

Is any of this cause for concern?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I used to deliver mobile office buildings to the Permian Basin. Before 9-11 I delivered one to some guys who were doing an experiment. The experiment was to build an oil refining facility as fast as they could.
I later saw they had been killed in Iraq.
They had plans to get the oil way before 9-11.
They turn the salt water into vapor filling the sky with clouds . You gotta see it to believe it. The whole area is polluted. The Artesian aquifer is damaged beyond repair.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Only if your retarded. Look on the net. Salt water disposal wells have been around since drilling. Gas wells are a must if we want to help the GREEN MACHINE live. And the new style of drilling isn't all that new. Its not so called. Use the computer for something other than a source to start Bull. We have enough going on without sill theories being started. Like it or not.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by warlock3638
Only if your retarded. Look on the net. Salt water disposal wells have been around since drilling. Gas wells are a must if we want to help the GREEN MACHINE live. And the new style of drilling isn't all that new. Its not so called. Use the computer for something other than a source to start Bull. We have enough going on without sill theories being started. Like it or not.

I don't mind people disagreeing with me but please try not to disrespect me. I started this thread in order to get other peoples thoughts on it. That is what ATS is for.

I also find it funny that you are defending gas wells so strongly. How much are you making off of them? I know for a fact that a land owner can make up to $100,000 a month PER WELL!

[edit on 9/22/2007 by stellawayten]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
i am a proud texan, border issues are my hot button, and the recent expansion of gas well drilling is a close second. most of these wells are north and west of ft. worth. there is even a proposed drill site within the ft. worth city limits in neighborhoods. as i see it, the main problem with this type of drilling is the millions of gallons of water that is required to get the gas out.

many personal use water wells that have run productively for years are drying up. from now until 2014 the drilling is supposed to expand to 8 more counties, adding somewhere between 400 to 600 more gas wells

new topics

top topics

join