It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else's dogs acting funny tonight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I tried to go to sleep around 930 est. But my two dogs are just acting too wierd to tonite. Panting, restless, and clingy. Very unlike their usual laid back demeanor.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
My dog has recently started looking up at the ceiling. He started this last week and continues it every night. I thought he was just doing it when he was sitting on the couch but last night he was in bed and started looking up at the ceiling.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Lots of people I know are throwing up from drinking and they have not in years.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Can you please elaborate. I have no idea what you are trying to say.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Merely stating my dogs have been exhibiting strange behaviour lately and wondered if anyone else had noticed anything similar.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
You know, I have two cats. They were acting pretty weird last night, consequently keeping me up. We recently moved into our home which still has more remodeling to do. So there are still unpacked boxes here and there. Well my cats were jumping on these boxes in our bedroom all last night. Even trying to pry the flaps open and crawl inside. They ran under our bed several times making loud bumps and my female cat even tried to sneak past me and crawl into my 9 month old sons crib (his crib is right next to our bed). I caught the female trying to climb up on top of our water heater twice and once with her head tucked behind a bunch of flattened boxes up against the wall. I know I know. "Cats are nocturnal. This doesn't sound that weird."

Well it was for us. Our cats, for the past 7 months here in the "new" home, have laid at the foot of our bed most every night. Only occasionally waking us up with some annoying late-night licking and grooming.

I kept complaining to my husband how their behavior last night was weird and kept me up all night. I want to hear about more people with weird animal behavior last night too.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
In 2005 my dog was acting strange. He was whimpering and then started to throw up white foam as if something was churning in it's stomach. At about that time I looked out the front door of the house and seen a white bus go by with pitch black windows. This was at night.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

i'm sorry, i was talking about earthmans comment.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Just a thought
Maybe their heightened senses have detected some energy/sound/ impending danger or lunar libration prior to the full moon on 26th September.
Hells Bells, don't you just wish they could speak to us. Just imagine what the tales they could tell.
My female West Highland terrier is far more 'tuned' to stressed people. I always recognise the sudden stop she does when out walking and turns away to avoid them. Our best friends really can be priceless in many everyday situations.

~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Now im not a drama queen but i have noticed my cat acting really odd tonight.

Not knowing what to do with itself wanting in then wanting out wanting food then not eating it.

The cat is 12 and very clever just plain strange.

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 20-9-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
actually, now you mention it. My sister lives with my parents and she has a cat named Gizmo. Usually, I do my best to stay away from her (the cat) or only pet her briefly as she has a tendancy to almost always attack me without warning often with painful-scratchy-bitey-consequences. I went round there on Wednesday, sat down in the living room and Gizmo jumped up on my lap all purry and cuddly, it was very odd, odd enough that my mum took a picture and sent it to my sisters phone! Then, for the rest of the time I was there, she wouldn't leave me alone, followed me around the house and didn't scratch me once!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Sorry Stella,
There I go assuming things again.
H3, that's exactly what mine were doing. Pacing, going to door, pacing. I couldn't get to sleep till 3 this am and I'm wrecked today. I went out to backyard with them for about 15 minutes around midnight and my lab was eating some grass, so maybe just a stomach bug. My bessengee was almost wrapped around me all nite to the point it was getting on my nerves. It was just odd. And the first nite in many I was ready for bed at 930. AArrgghhh.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chonx
Gizmo jumped up on my lap all purry and cuddly, it was very odd, odd enough that my mum took a picture and sent it to my sisters phone! Then, for the rest of the time I was there, she wouldn't leave me alone, followed me around the house and didn't scratch me once!

Um, I hope that cat was not adopted from a certian nursing home.

I have a cat who has not gone upstairs for the entire 2 years he has been with us. The last few weeks he has been venturing up their every evening. Pretty strange. Maybe mother nature is telling them to get ready.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
Lots of people I know are throwing up from drinking and they have not in years.
Really? Well, we're not talking about alcoholics here, we're discussing animals.
Thank you.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by anglosaxon

Anglosaxon, you made some good points my friend.
I'll have to report that my cat has not been acting in anyway different however.
Perhaps I'm not in an area where something is about to happen.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by Sanity Lost for trying to use the new smilies]

[edit on 20-9-2007 by Sanity Lost]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
In a way, they are.

Last night, my dogs acted completely normal.
They followed me around the house, like normal.
They came out back with me, to toss the tennis ball around.
Lapped at their water bowl, ate from their Food bowl, had a couple of milk bones....Normal, normal normal.

So what?
Here's what!

WE got a new cat last night..New cat smell, new cat fur, new cat running around. They could have cared less..

NOW THAT IS WEIRD.

new topics

top topics

join