It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Added: J-Rod

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Added: J-Rod

This is another wide topic which ties into secret government scientist Dan Burisch. There are other theories that claim that J-Rod was part of the Serpo exchange, but in this case you are judge jury and executioner.

Whatever the deal is, there are so many layers to these two topics I thought that this addition would be great for Tinwiki and a great base for me to keep building on to.

[edit on 9/20/07 by Don Wahn]

[edit on 9/20/07 by Don Wahn]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Don Wahn,

From the very miniscule knowledge I have of this topic, my impression is that "J-Rod" is definitely something that needed to be covered in tinWiki. Great addition. I am also looking forward to your expansions on the first version.

I was thinking that if any J-Rod photo can be legally used, that would be great to have in the article, or, if not, then perhaps a link to photos would be good as well. (Doing a web search right now, I do notice there is talk about photo fakery, however.) Anyway, I feel tinWiki just got a bit more complete with this addition.

Optimist

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Many thanks for the accolades Optimist. I felt that the topic was something that tied a couple of big things together.

I am not 100% on the T's and C's of using the photos on tinwiki, but if I can somehow locate one that if not rights managed, I'll figure out how to do it and add photos to all of my applicable pages. Do you have any suggestions on a way to verify that pictures could be used?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Don Wahn,

I noticed this talk page with some info about copyright and using images in tinWiki. Other than that, I know there is a term, which I sometimes use when doing web searches, which is "in public domain", which means the image is free to use (not sure what, if any, restrictions apply). Then there are also, I believe, photographs and images that are released on the terms of some specific license other than copyright, for example the Creative Commons license which tinWiki's articles themselves use.

One thing I came to think about is, it really would be a great to have a page in tinWiki with information on how to legally use images and perhaps with some links to collections of images that are legal to use. (I know there are some websites that are like databases of public domain and such images. I don't have a link handy right now, but will try and post some shortly.) I will see if I can create such a tinWiki Help page.

Anyway, about using photos on tinWiki, you may be interested in this page. Also, here is a tutorial on how to display images in articles. (There is now also the option to display the image on the left side in the page, as opposed to on the right.)

Optimist

top topics

join