It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the World Announced on Telephone Pole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
As I was returning home this evening, I saw someone had gone to considerable effort to plaster the downtown area with these posters heralding impending doom. They also announce that if we look very carefully at the night sky tonight we will see the Guardians, our blessed space brothers!

Apparently this has been predicted in the Bible (chapter and verse seemed to have been omitted). But such details are moot if the world is to end shortly. Read on and see what you think:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hmmm... Imma go outside and have a looksee...

I'm assuming this will apply to me too because I'm in the tri-state area.

If I don't see anything I'm not posting again tonight and going to bed.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
In which time zone did these posters appear? I need a reference so that I can go outside and see these... guardians.

Hey, look at that picture again... seems our anonymous prophet forgot to use tape on the right-hand side of the flyer. Maybe he just ran out of tape? And sanity...

[edit on 9/19/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Honestly I think this will not come true, it is very very weird though. Just last night I was looking up at the stars while having a smoke and noticing all the stars that are aligned with a triangle. Very weird.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
These were posted in the Pacific time zone, but I'm sure it doesn't really matter where you are as long as you can find the constellation of Taurus. The author indicates that you need to find the Aldebaran star, which is in this constellation.

"Taurus is recognized by the V-shaped bull's head with the Alpha star, Aldebaran, as its eye. The long horns are tipped by Zeta and Beta. Taurus is an autumn star figure in the Northern hemisphere, announced by the rising of the Plaides."

So says an astrology website...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I think they should've added 'weather permitting' as a footnote. So is this supposed to be a world-wide event? Half the planet will be in daylight during those hours, do Aussies get their own special display later?

Sounds like some crazy cult is planning a light show to recruit new members, that is if anything happens at all.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I ALWAYS trust hand scribbled notes with absurd grammar and copious spelling errors. Especially when they are taped to walls and stapled to telephone poles at intersections.

Heck, thats how I got this great job...I "make $100,000 - $200,000 / year by working from home"

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Revelations...

And other various flaws...

Last time I cracked a Bible there were Seven Seals.

www.gotquestions.org...

Perhaps they're spending too much time connecting the "dotes."

:shk:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lotusland
...The author indicates that you need to find the Aldebaran star, which is in this constellation.

"Taurus is recognized by the V-shaped bull's head with the Alpha star, Aldebaran, as its eye....

So says an astrology website...

Ok, after reading this I am a little weirded out
...I posted a thread awhile ago about Aldebaran and Mars. Here is the thread regarding this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check it out...weird stuff

[edit on 19-9-2007 by wrangell76]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
wrangell76: I just checked out your post. Interesting theory about Mars and Aldebaran shoulder to shoulder, marching the world into war.

Looks like a lot of people are connecting celestial alignments with what's happening on this planet (an age-honoured tradition). It is certainly one way to try and impose meaning and order on events that seem largely out of the average person's control.

As for the person(s) responsible for the Aldebaran/Guardian poster campaign, I actually think they are "sincere" in their beliefs. I'm surprised at the low-tech method of dissemination - one would think youtube might be a better venue for getting the word out.

At any rate, it livened up an otherwise mundane walk home.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
So what's the verdict? Can anyone confirm a sighting yet?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well, I didn't see anything last night and tonight it will be overcast so no chance of connecting the "dotes". Le sigh...

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Stuff like this always reminds me of the toynbee tiles...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well, this may be connected to the interstellar movies. They have been said to be the stars we see in the sky filmed with special equipment and filters. But the guy who makes them refuses to say how he does it, so nobody seems to be able to reproduce the results.

So yes, it smells like a scam, but its somehow connected to the story by the OP.

Nothing is impossible though, but if this is true, there is nothing we can do anyway.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Hurts
I ALWAYS trust hand scribbled notes with absurd grammar and copious spelling errors. Especially when they are taped to walls and stapled to telephone poles at intersections.

Heck, thats how I got this great job...I "make $100,000 - $200,000 / year by working from home"

I am going to frame up this response!

"make $100,000 - $200,000 / year by working from home"

Oh my God I can't stop laughing. If I ever said any other response anywhere else was the funniest, it's a lie. This one is by far the best.

Pheww..
damn I can't stop. Oh my, my cheeks are hurting from smiling to widely

Ok. Ok. Breathe in. Breathe out..

Alright now. On topic -- I've been up all night. I don't see anything out of the ordinary. It'll be sun-up soon. I live on the other side of the planet to most of you.

Copernicus -- you may be on to it. An attempt at viral marketing?

PS:
I'm laughing again. Reality Hurts, thanks for the joke!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a few things I live by.

1. always open doors for women.
2. always pick up the tab on a date
3. always plan a few steps ahead
4. avoid being negative but caution should always be considered
5. when the end of the world is posted anywhere, even on a pole in the street, if the spelling and basic facts are wrong, run for the hills.

Thanks for alerting me to this. I now need to pack my things.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Saw same poster more than a week ago on Broadway bus stop. I assume the same crack heads posted both... Welcome to Vancouver!

Actually, i was gonna tear it down and scan it hear like you, but it seemed a waste of effort. Similar thoughts as most replies...

[edit on 20-9-2007 by WuTang]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WuTang
Saw same poster more than a week ago on Broadway bus stop. I assume the same crack heads posted both... Welcome to Vancouver!

But what's somewhat intriguing is the tenacity of the campaign - more than a week at it. Hmm... I'm beginning to think this person considers it their duty to warn all citizens of this city of their impending doom. The posters were freshly taped (within a 15 minute window). In fact, I expected to catch up to the person as I walked home. I would have LOVED to have a dialogue about it. Maybe even assist in putting up a few just to show solidarity.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
Oh my God I can't stop laughing. If I ever said any other response anywhere else was the funniest, it's a lie. This one is by far the best.

Pheww..
damn I can't stop. Oh my, my cheeks are hurting from smiling to widely

Ok. Ok. Breathe in. Breathe out..

PS:
I'm laughing again. Reality Hurts, thanks for the joke!

top topics

join