It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fears of dollar collapse as Saudis take fright

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
I think it could all be a push to collapse the dollar to bring in the Amero.

I hope we Canadians get a referendum on this. There's no way I'd vote for a unified currency.

Notice how the UK opted out of adopting the euro? Smart move on their part.

No nation can effectively control their economy when its currency is tied to under-performing, debt-ridden nations.

Which is why Saudi Arabia is waving bye-bye to the US dollar

[edit on 20-9-2007 by lotusland - had to fix a typo]

[edit on 20-9-2007 by lotusland]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lotusland

I hear ya. I for one won't be voting for any currency change in our country. BUT I WILL be campaigning against any such move, whether they ask us about it or not.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Notice time in this post of mine above.

Today post time and date.

US dollar vs Canadian Dollar.

1.00 USD

=

0.999982 CAD

United States Dollars Canada Dollars
1 USD = 0.999982 CAD 1 CAD = 1.00002 USD

To let you guys know.. This has never ever happened before. except maybe during the depression but we are talking 50 or so..

Time to stalk up on your metals cause ur paper is complete TP now.

::EDIT::

I will update with a trackback to all posts of mine pertaining to this issue.

[edit on 9/21/2007 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
According to Islam, to have non-believers on the land of the two holiest sites in Islam, Mecca, and Medina, is blasphemous, and makes anyone who allowed this to happen an infidel in the eyes of hardline Muslims.

Just before The Gulf War, Bin Laden tried to stop US troops being stationed on Saudi soil because it would be blasphemous, he offered to lead fighters into Kuwait to fight against Saddam.

As we all know, that did not happen.

The US Troops have left Saudi Arabia, but the concern that should be palpable to you all is that there are hardline muslims (called Wahabbists, an extreme version of Sunni Islam) in Saudi Arabia who have never gotten over non believers being in the land of Mecca and Medina, and some of these disgruntled people are rich. They fund the Islamic militants, whose aim is to overthrow the Saudi Family.

The Saudi rulers have to keep these people in check, kill the people they sponsor, make business deals harder for these rich hardliners, but still deal with them, good for the economy after all.

But they also have to placate them.....and some of those Saudi rulers might even share their views.

Indeed, I have heard about Saudi funded schools in the UK with interesting literature about non Muslims.

Now, consider this.

The US and UK are leading the way in arming the Saudis, Jet fighters, tanks, loads of weaponry.

The Saudis grow powerful.

The people who supposedly hijacked the planes on September 11th 2001?

Saudi.

As I said before, there are those Saudis who resented the presence of US troops on the land of Mecca and Medina, and now resent the presence of US troops in Iraq, supporting a Shia dominated government.

Somebody made the view that extreme Sunnis and extreme Shias may overcome their mutual ancient hatred to unite against the US.

It's unlikely, the Sunnis and Shias have a lot of history, and it dates back to the choosing of the successor to The Prophet Muhammad. The Shias did not agree with the Sunni choice, and chose their own.

The extreme Sunnis saw this as heretical, and see Shias as worthy of nothing but to be slaughtered.

It's a mutual hatred that is bigger and more important to the Shia-Sunni schism than the US.

At this point.

If the extreme Sunnis do unite with extreme Shias against the US however, if they do, than the US would have achieved what thousands of years have not.

I can not stress enough what an important milestone in Islamic and indeed religious history that would be.

And what a profound effect on Geopolitics, and subsequently, the world, as a result it would be.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   

and here

I would like to update my post here.

Google

1 U.S. dollar = 0.999000001 Canadian dollars

and

www.xe.com...

Live rates at 2007.10.02 10:53:21 UTC
1.00 USD

=

0.998108 CAD
United States Dollars Canada Dollars
1 USD = 0.998108 CAD 1 CAD = 1.00190 USD

Better stock up on oddles of noodles.. cause this can get crazy..

War suppost to help economy not kill it.

[edit on 10/2/2007 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Saudi state bank urges govt to cut dollar exposure

RIYADH, Jan 12 - Saudi Arabia's largest state bank urged the government to reduce the kingdom's exposure to the dollar by investing more assets outside the United states and gradually changing the riyal's peg to the weak U.S. currency. Full Text

More Dollar negative news out of SA. This time calling for a de-peg, and the possible establishment of another oil-drenched SWF to take advantage of bargain basement prices on US corporate assets. The expatriation of additional US capitol (wealth) to foreign shores. Naturally these [emergency] foreign investments are being spun as positives for the US economy by certain mainstream analysts...just as they touted the deficit benefits of a weaker currency.

For the US Fed...loss of confidence = loss of control...or better, the illusion of control. What was initially seen by many as a means for reigning-in the US trade deficit, still runs the risk of becoming a wide-scale offing of the Dollar.

Along with providing an historical snapshot of the USD, I think it's fair to say that this slightly outdated bar chart ...also represents the ongoing loss of confidence in US moral leadership which began shortly after the October 7, 2001 US invasion of Afghanistan.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Who cares if we have this. We will be the Beverly Hillbillies of the world again if this is true. I see nothing that says its not.

www.stansberryonline.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think we've all heard about oil shale. I'm sorry but that letter reads like every other snake oil, get rich quick if you subscribe to my newsletter scam I've ever read.

The dollar is being destroyed. Gold is the Litmus Test and it is screaming. That's why the counterfeiters at the Fed hate it so much.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Further proof that arabs are nothing more then a true enemy of the US.
The Saudis being the worst of the bunch.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Could someone explain to me why China, SA etc should not do everything in their power to save the dollar, considering they own so much of it?

looks to me the Fed just haves everyone by the balls.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Gold hit $912 oz and the feds are going to cut rates again.

Re: It's the economy, stupid! WAKE UP! WE ARE IN A RECESSION!
« Reply #48 on: Today at 04:16:26 AM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECESSION IS HERE FOLKS !! IT'S GOING MAIN STREAM MEDIA THIS MORNING IN EUROPE !!

US Automobile market is hit, sales expectation between -7% and -15% for 2008.
Inflation is going to follow big time soon.

Gold skyrocketed to 913$
USD/EUR at 1,49

Down we go.... expect a Stock Market collapse, if the FED reduce the interest rate it's the sign that they really wants to ruined the country once and for all.

Hope you took all appropriated steps to protect yourself from the coming economic armageddon.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
your rightr, the Saudi and many of the Gulf States are not following
the course set by the U.S. federal reserve... they are keeping their own rates higher that the USA..
their economies are seeing inflation of over 11% and a devalued petro-dollar

they all are creating more of their Islamic Banks and developing their own
Islamic bonds, bond markets... also their first Islamic credit cards

they are busy founding Islamic banks in the UK and HongKong among
other places....
the north atlantic anglo-american economic powerhouse is imploding like the two WTC towers

see:

www.asharqalawsat.com...
www.asharqalawsat.com...
www.asharqalawsat.com...

above are just a few of the bank, bonds, credit card articles that use Islamic Shariah Law , oversited by teams of clerics so that garbage like derivities/hedges/bogus worthless paper does not defraud the economic community like it has done in the anglo-american sphere.
(search that websites' archives: "Islamic banking" for dozens of other explainatory articles)

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Alphard

Well, there's the proverbial "throwing good money after bad" on the one hand, and more importantly, neither country is a close ally.

These are marriages of convenience, but both are showing strong indications they feel they've been suckered on the deal--trading their oil or manufactured goods for increasingly worthless paper debt.

You'd feel you'd been had too if you found yourself with evaporating returns. So don't expect either to show any sympathy. And we're acting against their strategic interests as well, so they'd just as well see us tank, at this point.

This is a case of having made one's bed, go sleep in it.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I dont truly understand the whole dollar falling thing and its losing its status

can someone do a our dollar is now really only worth like 97.3 cents or 82cents kinda thing

just curious

i get that its all only backed by gold and silver or anything not made of fiberous paper

i guess im just wanting numbers here, thanks

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
the USD isn`t backed up by gold anymore - fort knox is mostly empty

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
I dont truly understand the whole dollar falling thing and its losing its status

can someone do a our dollar is now really only worth like 97.3 cents or 82cents kinda thing

just curious

i get that its all only backed by gold and silver or anything not made of fiberous paper

i guess im just wanting numbers here, thanks

Well the last time I checked (about 1 week ago) the US Dollar was valued at about .68 cents

Just go to a currency exchange website and look at the going rate on the Dollar.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by Nailer]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nailer

wow, thanks that is something else, I didnt think itd be that low

thats insane and its still slowly dropping?

wow

when was the last time it was actually worth the dollar, a whole 100cents

anyone know what year?

thanks nailer

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The CPI inflation calculator uses the average Consumer Price Index for a given calendar year. This data represents changes in prices of all goods and services purchased for consumption by urban households. This index value has been calculated every year since 1913. For the current year, the latest monthly index value is used. In 2002, for example, it took $17.89 to buy what $1 bought in 1913. Note that in 1920, it cost $2.02, and declined in 1925 and through the 1930s, illustrating the effect of the Great Depression, when prices slumped. Prices did not pass $2 again until 1950.

www.infoplease.com...

This sight illustrates how the dollar has faired since the The Federal Reserve (banking cartel) was unconstitutionally given control of printing our money. It now takes twenty bucks to buy what a dollar would buy back then. So what is that 5% or 5 cents? Yes, we have been taxed folks, err.. I mean Robbed, since we weren't represented in the process!

Edit to Add: Keep in mind that the CPI has been grossly manipulated for the past few years to show low inflation so they can keep printing the money. So it's probably less than 5 cents on the dollar.

Also notice the astronomical increase since the gold peg was completely destroyed by Nixon.

“Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value… zero.” -VOLTAIRE (1694-1778)

[edit on 14-1-2008 by HimWhoHathAnEar]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
this is just plain old scarey i mean im somewhat prepared we have some dry goods stocked and i have 3 "go" bags packed and ready . but i had no clue how bad it has realy gotten with the housing crises , the falling dollar and people like china buying up our debt. i see real hard times coming , i realy hope this isent some plan to bring in the amero.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nailer
Gold hit $912 oz and the feds are going to cut rates again.

Re: It's the economy, stupid! WAKE UP! WE ARE IN A RECESSION!
« Reply #48 on: Today at 04:16:26 AM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECESSION IS HERE FOLKS !! IT'S GOING MAIN STREAM MEDIA THIS MORNING IN EUROPE !!

US Automobile market is hit, sales expectation between -7% and -15% for 2008.
Inflation is going to follow big time soon.

Gold skyrocketed to 913$
USD/EUR at 1,49

Down we go.... expect a Stock Market collapse, if the FED reduce the interest rate it's the sign that they really wants to ruined the country once and for all.

Hope you took all appropriated steps to protect yourself from the coming economic armageddon.

Actually, US economy has problem with inflation [which I explained so many times]. When FED cut off interest rates, they just increase inflation as money become cheaper. FED doesn't want any more to raise interest rates or else - 1929.

Gold prices are higher and higher because of inflation of US $.

Originally posted by Alphard
Could someone explain to me why China, SA etc should not do everything in their power to save the dollar, considering they own so much of it?

looks to me the Fed just haves everyone by the balls.

Saudi Arabia can't save $, if everybody else undermining $ [FED 1st doesn't want, so why Saudis would care].

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join