It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

police beat town councilmen urgent action needed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
It's not a good idea to advocate "phone spam". If people really need to phone the Roseland Police Department, they can find the number easy enough. Let's not associate ATS with possible "harassment calls". The fact that some members feel uncomfortable phoning the number from their private phones - and rather do so from public phones - gives a clear indication that people know it's not exactly "right". And some may see it as "domestic terrorism" as was pointed out earlier in the thread.

Let's not put ATS in a bad light because of our anger.

Please sir, explain to me how trying derail police brutality is 'not exactly right'. It is my right as a citizen, it is one of the founding principals of the United States of America.

if you explain to me that you don't want the negative publicity at ATS I can accept that, however when you tell me that expressing my beliefs is wrong (what right isn't) ~ I have to stand up and tell you that you are the one who is wrong.

I respect your right as a mod to pull the phone number for liability reasons. I however question your very character because of your inference that if people are afraid to do it it must be wrong.

People were afraid to speak out against Hitler, also.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

I see nothing in Gemwolf's post that said you could exercise your rights. He just said leave ATS out of it. OK?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Indeed, I mentioned it twice that I respect ATS' wishes/rights. What had me infuriated was this comment:

The fact that some members feel uncomfortable phoning the number from their private phones - and rather do so from public phones - gives a clear indication that people know it's not exactly "right

I will make no mention of

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Indeed, I mentioned it twice that I respect ATS' wishes/rights. What had me infuriated was this comment:

The fact that some members feel uncomfortable phoning the number from their private phones - and rather do so from public phones - gives a clear indication that people know it's not exactly "right

I will make no mention of ATS WHEN I call.

I urge everyone who reads this thread to call and protest. Call from a payphone if that makes you feel more secure. Blog it from a proxied IP if you have to, just get the information out there for all to see.

I also urge everyone to be professional. Don't argue or accuse, simply ask questions and state facts, and give your opinion once. They wont react to a few people calling and making a big stink. They will however be forced to react if many people make a small 'stink'.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
It's not a good idea to advocate "phone spam". If people really need to phone the Roseland Police Department, they can find the number easy enough. Let's not associate ATS with possible "harassment calls". The fact that some members feel uncomfortable phoning the number from their private phones - and rather do so from public phones - gives a clear indication that people know it's not exactly "right". And some may see it as "domestic terrorism" as was pointed out earlier in the thread.

Let's not put ATS in a bad light because of our anger.

By no means has anyone advocated harrasing anyone, this is voicing an opinion to the officials that are responsible for handling the case. This action is not "Is your refridgerator running"

Those phone numbers are not home numbers those are the buisness numbers of a govermental agency ment to protect and serve us. Yes we are not in their jurisdiction, but we can let them know we will not be choosing their town as a place to stay when we drive by their.

The reason people mentioned using pay phone is they don't want to get tagged as a civil rights, or constitutional defender. Currently those people are branded as potential terrorist and can have harrasment brought down on them.

I personally do not respect you pulling the numbers of offices of govermental officials that we have every right to voice an oppinion to.
Your arguement is flawed, and there is no liability to you for posting numbers they publically post on there web site.

But I know the real reason you pulled them, the same fear I explained above that made one user say he should use a pay phone. You do not have my respect on this issue.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
If you wish to contact Roseland Indiana Police department or city council here is their official public web page.

Edit: Email address removed. What part of leave ATS out of this is difficult to understand?

[edit on 21-9-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
David Snyder will be on for 15min of the 3rd and final hour of the Alex Jones show link below...

infowars.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

Just bought the domain policeviolations.com Coming soon, should be up by this weekend.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Sigh.

It's clear that some people are reading way too much in my comment. And some are even reading some things in there that I didn't even say. (Perhaps some should consider what there is to respect and what not and what respect is all about?)

We're not here to take away anyone's freedom of speech.

If you read past my "The fact that some members feel uncomfortable phoning the number from their private phones..." post you'll see that I replied to scientist's post and acknowledged that I did not consider the "fear of harassment" point of view. In other words I understand why people said what they said. I understand why everyone's upset, and I understand that people want to say something about it.

We are however here to protect ATS and the public and "cyber" image of ATS.

If you feel that you HAVE to post the telephone number of the police department and that you HAVE to do your campaigning on ATS - use the Complaint/Suggestion function or U2U one of the Site Owners and ask permission.

Let's stay on topic then.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'm of the opinion that things like this are not happening more frequently but are, perhaps, being reported more often. With more and more individuals having access to various forms of video recording, it is much easier to capture moments that once simply happened and then were never heard about again.

I don't think any sector of society is becoming more abusive or violent than was already the case. Unfortunately, if an individual or group of individuals is prone to be extreme, they will have always done so. Hopefully though, with more and more instances of such situations being discovered and brought to light, this will, at least somewhat, discourage or give second thought to such behavior for fear of being caught in the act.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
What a scumbag that cop is. It’s obvious from the video that the councilman said something to him that the cop didn’t like, so this criminal with a badge pushes him out the door and beats the hell out of him. He then later tells the news reporter that the councilman attacked him. There’s no doubt in my mind that at least a couple of people, and certainly the other cops, saw this clearly yet support the crime with their silence. This is what passes for ‘our finest’ today. No wonder this country is circling the drain.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
If you wish to contact Roseland Indiana Police department or city council here is their official public web page.

Edit: Email address removed. What part of leave ATS out of this is difficult to understand?

[edit on 21-9-2007 by intrepid]

Specifically I do not understand how posting a web page involves ATS in any issue. I see web pages posted all over the place on this forum.

I understand the seniment of many posters that people should speak out combined with a web page for the proper location to be heard is what you are saying is wrong. But you are not saying it is wrong because of the action, you are saying it is wrong because you fear reprisal against ATS. In a free country what reprisals should you fear? Or are you saying that we are not free and you are capitulating to a threat of economic harrassment.

Every warning I have seen in other posts had a link to ATS policy, could you give me that link please, note that I am not questioning your authority, it is your site, you can edit post delete post, you can even ban me. I am just wondering if this is a on the fly contextual decision or a policy you have.

anyone curious about the town this occured in can find it first entry of google search return for this search term

Town of Roseland Indiana

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join