It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey look ladies, you could have only four periods a year with Seasonique!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru
I don't see what the problem is with it. I was on it a while ago (Its called Seasonale here), and from all my 'period' problems, this set of pills was almost a miracle. The one you should be wondering about is Depo Provera. IMO That crap will sterilize females. It almost happened with me. All the dr's did was put me on more BC. I'm kind of irritated at that, but once they put me on Seasonale, I was very satisfied. The only issue I have with it, and the reason I stopped, was the hefty Price tag: When I was covered by parent's insurance it cost me 45 dollars. Without insurance, I believe it's 140-160 dollars.
But IMO it's almost worth the cost for the 3 month supply.

Mama replies:

I agree with you that the Depo was designed to sterilyze women. If you read the info from the original researchers on the Depo, you'll find that WAS their original intent. So, you were on B/C while on our insurance? Hmmm... We have to talk..., no, Seriously, parents should always accompany their children and be informed and weigh in on B/C choices as these choices can have lifetime consequences and a 16 yr old, (no matter how brilliant and competent!---(mommy loves you!)) tends to listen to the "experts" who may be massively misinformed themselves. Ask me why I have 11 grandchildren from high order pregnancies---because my daughters had to use assisted reproductive technologies due to the Depo. Thank God we had deep pockets or they would have no families. I think at the time, Depo sounded wonderful to us, a birth control a teenager would not have to think about, but it turned out to be a nightmare. I'd have to read up on Seasonale, but the info distributed to Dr.s and to the public by drug companies has been extensively edited and may bear no resemblance to the truth. IMHO it is one of the most corrupt industries on the planet.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If you ladies think that these drugs are scary, what do you think of this surgery for heavy periods?

Thanks, I think I'd rather just bleed and cramp.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Yeah they've been plugging that on the radio constantly lately, like every other commercial break. I'd have to agree, I'd rather cramp

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Does anyone else think that maybe the need to vaccinate all the young girls from HPV might be because young girls get on the pill so early these days?

Also, No one really had much to say about long term pill use, except for those who have taken for a while, and then quit having trouble. That sounds like the body forgetting how to make its own hormones because it doesn't need to. I still see a huge surplus of egg cells, and women not getting menopause until way late. I also see the number of 'elective hysterectomies' rising dramatically in the coming years as women age, and tire of the pill and the periods once and for all.

DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I've gotten pregnant 6 times on 6 different types of 99.9% effective birth control.

I was deathly ill on BC pills that I took for about 6 weeks; puking sick. The one I lost was when I had ONE shot of depo provera, got pregnant anyway, lost the baby and the Dr. told me that if I got a second shot it would throw me into menopause. I was under 40 years old.

My 22 year old daughter started BC pills and had to stop after 3 months due to continual migraines and developing blood clots in her legs!

I can't tell you how many women under the age of 30 I've taken care of that have had a stroke or heart attack from one form or another of hormonal type birth control. Most of these women do not fully recover and are left permanently paralyzed on one side of their body.

It's not nice to fool Mother Nature! Vasectomies work pretty darn well, take 20 minutes in a doctors office under local anesthesia and CAN be reversed if wanted. Best to just have your guy donate to sperm bank and use when ready to have kids. Otherwise, just say "no". Women are the guardians of the gene pool which requires a little preplanning and self-control. None of the BC methods I used worked for me but apparently they do work for 99.9% of women. Still, the hormone-based types are waaaay to dangerous.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'm 19 years old and have been using 'the pill' for about 2 years now (I use a generic one-a-day pill, no brand names).

Gotta say, I'm happy with the pill. My Dr. prescribed it for me at 17 because my cycles were literally coming every other week (and, I kid you not, on the third day of EVERY vacation I ever took, like clockwork). Since starting the pill I haven't had any problems with it, though I do have free 24/7 access to a physician should I have any scary medical malady - gotta love dating a Dr.'s kid.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I had one period in the past year, and I thought it was wonderful. I have endometriosis, and my doctor has me taking the Pill every day, not taking the sugar pills.

With endometriosis, there can either be no noticeable symptoms, or extremely painful ones. Before I took the Pill like this, I was in extreme pain every month. In fact I hurt before, during, and after my period. I basically had around one week a month where I felt okay. It hurt so bad that in order to go to school or study I had to take Lortab, because nothing else was strong enough, and then the Lortab barely put a dent in it.

I know that some people feel it's wrong to screw around with nature, and I used to agree... then nature started screwing around with me.

I plan to get off of the Pill and attempt to get pregnant sometime next year. Once I (hopefully) have a baby, I don't want to ever have another period if I can help it. And hopefully I will have a son. I wouldn't want my daughter to go through this, although I don't think I got this because of heredity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join