It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11's "Opportunities"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Remember, attacks like 9/11 provide "opportunities". Let's take a complete look at all of those statements made by BushCo.

Here's all the one's I've been able to dig up:

#1:
Referring to the attacks and the present political situation, Bush tells the meeting:

“This is a great opportunity. We have to think of this as an opportunity.”
According to journalist Bob Woodward, he meant it was a chance to improve relations, especially with major powers such as Russia and China. The 9/11 Commission Reports account, on page 330, is as follows:

The President noted that the attacks provided a great opportunity to engage Russia and China

www.washingtonpost.com...
www.amazon.com...
www.9-11commission.gov...

#2:
September 19, 2001, GWB:

Progress is being made. Madam President, I said at the time, through my tears I see opportunity. One of the opportunities I saw was the ability not to put -- not only for freedom-loving nations to come together to say resolutely we will fight terrorism, but I felt like there would be -- this event may shake up the attitudes of the Middle East where people would end up resolving to show the world that there could be peace there as well. www.yale.edu...

I'd like to remind everyone that when Bush talks about "Freedom", it's the "freedom" to imperialistically dominate the globe, and the Middle East in particular:
"Freedom" = Imperialism: It's in the Language

#3:
April 29, 2002, Condoleezza Rice:

If that is right, if the collapse of the Soviet Union and 9/11 bookend a major shift in international politics, then this is a period not just of grave danger, but of enormous opportunity. Before the clay is dry again, America and our friends and our allies must move decisively to take advantage of these new opportunities. This is, then, a period akin to 1945 to 1947, when American leadership expanded the number of free and democratic states -- Japan and Germany among the great powers -- to create a new balance of power that favored freedom. www.whitehouse.gov...
Again, "freedom" is in the same context here. It was that period she spoke of that true modern American Imperialism finally took shape. And of course Rummy had the same thing to say:

#4:
October 12, 2001, Don Rumsfeld:

the kind of opportunities that World War II offered, to refashion the world.
"Secretary Rumsfeld Interview with the New York Times," New York Times, October 12, 2001

#5:
Condi using the same sort of context and language:

think about 'how do you capitalize on these opportunities' to fundamentally change...the shape of the world.
see Chalmers Johnson, "The Sorrows of Empire: Militarism, Secrecy, and the End of the Republic p. 229

#6:
The National Security Strategy of the United States of America, issued by the Bush administration in September 2002:

The events of September 11, 2001, opened vast, new opportunities. www.whitehouse.gov...

#7:
October 20, 2001, Dubya:

Out of the sorrow of September 11th, I see opportunity -- a chance for nations and their leaders to strengthen and to rethink and reinvigorate our relationships. We share more than a common enemy, we share a common goal: to expand our ties of trade and trust. And now we must seize the opportunity.

#8:
Here, on 9/12/01, it seems that the anti-Saddam forces are already experiencing the same sort of sentiment:

Veteran CIA operative John Maguire calls long-time friend Mohammed Abdullah al-Shahwani, a former Iraqi general, and tells him, “It’s showtime.” Maguire and al-Shahwani worked together in the ‘90s on a covert plan to overthrow the Iraqi government, but the plan was never approved by the Clinton White House. Maguire believes the 9/11 attacks have provided the long awaited opportunity to remove Saddam Hussein.
link

And he wasn't the only one feeling the "opporunity" in regards to Iraq:

#9:
Archie Dunham, chairman of ConocoPhillips, tells the Financial Times:

We know where the best reserves are [and] we covet the opportunity to get those some day. [Financial Times, 2/25/2003]

#10:
It also seems that "Osama" uses similar rhetoric:

Targeting America in Iraq in terms of economy and losses in life is a golden and unique opportunity. Do not waste it only to regret it later. One of the most important reasons that led our enemies to control our land is the theft of our oil. news.bbc.co.uk...

#11:
Meanwhile it would seem that miltary planners are awaiting their next "opportunity" to extend global hegemony even further:

Another attack could create both a justification and an opportunity that is lacking today to retaliate against some known targets. link

Are there any blanks that I missed? It doesn't seem that they're all archived together in any one place, until now.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
You got alot of good infomation there, very intresting ill have to do more research on 9/11.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Meanwhile it would seem that miltary planners are awaiting their next "opportunity" to extend global hegemony even further:

Another attack could create both a justification and an opportunity that is lacking today to retaliate against some known targets. link

There's always more resorces to aquire, awaiting an oppertunity.

Global hegemony is within grasp for the US, is this our destiny?

Some would argue the 911 oppertunity allowed a preemptive strike against Russia and China (who's assembling the greatest conventional army ever), without the oil those armies become less effective hence bostering US security.

The next targets have been chosen and are awaiting the oppertunity. Those targets ofcourse will have some sort of natural resource that can be expoited for profit by the large corporations that make their living off such things.

new topics

join