It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any reiki people here? have questions....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I was just wondering if anyone here is a reiki practitioner?

What were some of your experiences? Are you glad you do it? Have you healed people?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I do believe Reiki genuinely work, but I don't like how a person can become a master in a month, and has to pay $500 for a session and all you get out of it is a piece of printed word document. I'm not saying you won't learn Reiki, but not to a high degree as they were told or cheated out of.

And when you later on try to help someone, your inexperience my bring a false sense of hope to an ailing patient out of your abilities to help them, and it just causes more trouble for you, them, and to the true Practitioner and Teacher of reiki.

I just don't like how some people are exploiting such a good thing to society..its disgusting.

My friend Brittany, has an Aunt who is a Reiki Master, apparently been practicing it for either 8 years or 18 years, She naught my friend the level I material. I do feel energize when she transfer her energy to me, and other non-believer felt the same as well. So it was an interesting experience.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueff0

Master level generally refers to a degree of Reiki one has been attuned to, not so much skill with using it. If skill was equal, a "Master" would be able to bring a higher level of healing than a level 1 or 2 individual. But most "Masters" I know don't practice, or have much experience, so they are not as effective as some well tained level 1's. Also, higher levels, supposedly allow a person to heal via distance, or to charge talismans or images for healing. Level 1 people do not have that ability. In any event, though, you're totally correct, most people just have a certificate, but not the experience to go along with it, so it's more or less useless in those cases.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

What were some of your experiences? Are you glad you do it? Have you healed people?

I have never charged one dime for my time!
And am Very glad, and still do it today!! My mother, sister, neigbors and friends.. They would gladly validate me on here if that was needed..
However I am not a self proclaimed healer.. I just do what I do.. I massage and lay my hands on them.. Honestly they do most the work.. I am just that medium that helps their minds make it happen. In their minds they belive in me, and that belife is very powerful, anyone can do this, aslong as the person getting heals belives in the person..

Ive been asked.. Ty man, why dont you want to make money at this.. You are good, and it helps people..
I tell them.. Those who seek money for such things are being used by a power greater than them.. Its not money that is evil.. Its the lust and greed behind the money that makes it soo.
Thus I am always repaided somehow.. But I do not take cash..

If anything I send cash out to all my friends and family.. Its helps them. And fullfils me to a point where I feel good about myself and life..

I can pay my bills with my regular job.. It keeps a roof over my head, and food in the fridge.. Its all a man like me needs..

[edit on 19-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
My wife and I are both Reiki 2. Though she is a natural healer and has very powerful feel for doing it and how to get results. She had been healing all her life, but in taking Reiki it gave her a structure (for lack of a better term) for what she does and a better way to do it. She plans on getting her Master certification, I am undecided on that. She uses Reiki almost daily on others either directly or through distant healing. Just to clear up any misconceptions (at least as far as I know)... Reiki 1 allows a person to do Reiki on others directly and on themselves. Reiki 2 allows for distance healing of people and objects, also allows the practitioner to increase energy they can can output through the use of symbols. Reiki 3 allows the practitioner to initiate and teach others Reiki. I do think that there are people out there who exploit this gift and are only Masters in title only. If anyone is considering learning to do this (and anyone can), be sure to do your homework on finding reputable teachers.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
To zysin5...

I think it is okay to charge/barter/trade for Reiki. But there is a point where charging does become exploiting the gift of Reiki. A very gray area to be sure. At what point does it become exploitive and greed take over? I've never charged for Reiki, but my wife does. She goes out to a local farmer's market here in town 1-2 times a week and does Reiki for money or trade or barter. The stall itself costs money, so she is very happy if she can make enough to pay for the stall. But she will not turn anyone down if they don't have money and really need healing of Reiki. As long as the practitioner does their work with best and highest in mind for their clients and business, I have no problem with them charging. Just my $0.02 (free for anyone else, hehe).

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
TheGreySwordsman/crudos

Thanks for clearing things up for me, and explaining the levels of Reiki, I wouldn't want people listening to me if I was wrong.

zysin

I've always been interested in healing, if there's one ability I wish I learn is to heal people. And I know Reiki is just one of many style of healing, so I'm not sure if you used Reiki to heal people, but I'm curious how did you go about starting, how did you learn it, how do you improve it?

Crudos

I think that if you want to obtain profit, I believe the best thing to do is ask for donation, enough to keep the business running. Like zysin was saying, if you need money, thats what a real job is for. I mean if people want go give you something in return for your deed or sacrifice then they will. But your right this is a gray area, and there is no definite solution or answers.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I've been attuned to Reiki levels 1-3, but I've never actually used it. It all seems just a bit too simple to me... someone attunes you and then all you need to do is say an affirmation and wave your hands to heal people :S.

I was attuned by Stefan Kammerhofer on www.xehupatl.com... Whether you give much credit to someone who does free Reiki attunements on the internet I don't know... I'm not sure if I entirely buy it myself, but I figured it couldn't hurt
. If you are interested that's definately the way to go.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I've never charged for Reiki, but my wife does. She goes out to a local farmer's market here in town 1-2 times a week and does Reiki for money or trade or barter. The stall itself costs money

Thats much like me.. There is sometimes material cost to what I do. Such as gas money and stuff like that.. So there is no harm in getting something out of it, as long as its not to the level of greed..

Which in this thread I am glad to hear that none of you that do this, feed into the greed, which is at the root of all evil..

But as you said, there are many who would try to hype it up to make good money from doing this.. There are a few in my area who are simply greed driven to do this.. I steer clear of them, and warn others about them.

I've always been interested in healing, if there's one ability I wish I learn is to heal people. And I know Reiki is just one of many style of healing, so I'm not sure if you used Reiki to heal people, but I'm curious how did you go about starting, how did you learn it, how do you improve it?

Yes honestly I dont see myself as a Reiki, just as a soul who can allow others to see beyond what we consider to be normal.. And when I do massage them, my whole body heats up. My hands become very hot..
I just seem to radiate this heat by thinking it.. And along with friction..
To get started.. rubb your hands together very fast.. This will prime your body to understand how this heat works.. After time you will have no need to rub your hands together, it will just radiate on its own..

I started going about this when I was about 12 years old.. I was told by a person who was a coven leader that I would help out many people someday, and that I would go onto becomming a writter/healer..
Now that Im getting older, and found a true mentor, Im finding things to start to come into light!! Im very happy.. And owe much to people like yourself and ATS for bringing me out in public about it..

I got my hands on as many books as possible!! And really tried to read between the lines in everything.. By not taking everything I learned at face value, I learned how to see what I read as a metaphore..

I improve this by working on my heart chakra radiance.. I improve myself by keeping an open mind and open heart to almost everything I read and find..
I keep a clean mind, and body.. Im not a health nut.. But do know what is good for my body.. Lots of water

Most of the time this is a personal journey.. What works for me, may not work for you..
But one thing is for sure.. If you belive it, and work your best at it.. You will find yourself where I am today..
And that is to simply help out anyone that comes to me, within reason..

You will find when you work with the light, it will reward you..
Yet always understand that with light, there is darkness.. And the darkness will trick you into thinking you are doing good, when you are just being used as a tool by dark energy..
Its tricky.. and I am still a student.. But would be happy to share my findings with any of you anytime.. Feel free to U2 me...

But please.. My advice on people online selling their craft, IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED!!! If you are honestly seeking to help others, then this knoweldge will come to you free of charge!!
But that is clearly IMO..
I never had to spend 1 penny to learn what I know..
Sure I have bought books, but they didnt tell me anything I didnt already know deep down.. There is no Magical book that will tell you what you already have stored inside your mind..

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Here is a link to my mothers website.

life changing therapies

Now she had to practise alot on me before she was fully attuned, but now she is very good and I can tell you, it does work.

She also practises IET (intergrated energy therapy) and has a bit more info on the site.
I belive IET is a more powerful therapy, thats why me and my brother are also training in it.

top topics

join