It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think heaven is like?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Madness,

Your not ruining the topic....

There are apparently some personality issues at play here..

Be that as it may,

Madness can I ask you what happened in the two years you reference?

You can U2U me if you would prefer to be more private...

Thanks

Semper

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Oh yeah, Kaliayev..........

Actually, the Church of the SubGenius *IS* a real religion; the fact that
it involves humor, makes people believe that it's a joke. Truthfully,
the fact that it involves more humor than guilt explains a lot of its
effectiveness ...

Oh I agree, totally. Part of the reason I gave that tragic hipster Stang my $30 in the first place. Now if he stopped hanging around in Cleveland so much and got back to ranting, I'd respect his mob a lot more. As it is now, all they do is hang around on alt.slack making bad dick jokes.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Please madness respond one at a time, I dont have the time to 10 different qoutes.

I asked what heaven would be like. You say boring because you have no understand of the immense joy that it will be.

My heaven I posted is love with family and God, and a joy God says we cant imagine.

Undterstanding is a grace, and those who can understand know what heaven might be like.

God is the one that created our mouths to turn upwards when we are happy, (a smile)

Im sure he can give us a joy we cant even imagine. Heaven isnt some shallow existence people like to make on earth by the little fading joys we make out of everything that passes away.

This is spiritual.

Now complete love with family, God, and something we cant imagine. if thats boring to you, so be it.

God bless you.

Now anybody else?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I mis read one of Madness qoutes about rotting in the grave. Im sorry. I have little time.

Madness. Some times you have said, without knowing the truth. that.

" some speggheti flying monster "

Thats not sincerity.

" prayers are false and dont work since God isnt true "

thats not sincerity. You dont know.

" Liberating people from delusions "

You dont know, thats not sincerity.

I could pull up many other qqoutes about this. 80 some percent of people in the US believe in God. Your calling all of them a joke. They see their faith as do I as a treasure. The miracles I have seen you will see when you see my life in review. Thats what I mean by I cant wait.

Not out of judgement, but out of just proof that will be given you shortly. And if the prophecy of Lasalett is true about the 2 twelve year old Htoo twins as antichrist.

It will be happening by 2016, by then the micro chip will probably be forced on us for (securtiy) purposes.

Now, let me ask you. If heaven existed to you, what do you see it as?

peace.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
J .I.T....don't feign what you know for our LORD.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I dont understand what feign means.

peace.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

'Feign' means: 'to pretend'

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

well, it started with studying every religion i could. then i eliminated a few for being too.... obviously fake (scientology in particular). i decided to start trying out religions. islam was my first stop, read a bit of the koran, went to a mosque for a service, talked a bit afterwards. decided it wasn't my thing.

then i went back to christianity, read the whole bible cover to cover. started going to every church service i could (basically a different church for every day of the week). participated, opened my heart up to jesus and whatnot. all that stuff that is supposed to lead you to jesus, i did. i ended up going to over a hundred churches (though some were really quite a long drive away and a i got a few looks in the more rural church for my long hair...) going to hundreds of services, and i kept researching christianity. the more i looked into it, the more i realized it wasn't any different from any religion. looking back i realize i tried every single denomination within an hour drive of my house.

i eventually settled on buddhism, that lasted about 2 months, i stopped being buddhist because of a quote from buddha (quite the irony) and became an agnostic atheist. an atheist who knows he doesn't know, but is making the best guess based on the available evidence.

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
I asked what heaven would be like. You say boring because you have no understand of the immense joy that it will be.

and you're clearly missing my point. being human isn't about joy, it's about ATTAINING joy. the journey is more important than the destination. that's what humanity is at its very core. we are adventurous beings, ones that love to triumph over adversity. heaven will be a lack of adversity, a lack of adventure, a final destination. no further journey, no more triumphs, no more creativity, we're just there and that's that.

heaven is hell for the artist, musician, and author. no longer will they do what they love. in heaven, all that has been done has been done.

your heaven robs us of who we are, humans. we lose our humanity in this eternal joy, why don't you see that?

My heaven I posted is love with family and God, and a joy God says we cant imagine.

i know i can't imagine a joy that robs me of my very humanity

Undterstanding is a grace, and those who can understand know what heaven might be like.

no, understanding is actually the product of reasoning, logic, and thinking. it's no grace, it's an accomplishment.

and this is basically a way of you to say "i know something you can't know"
a way to arrogantly trivialize my position.

God is the one that created our mouths to turn upwards when we are happy, (a smile)

again, evolution created that reaction.
aren't you a catholic?
catholics are told to believe in evolution.

Im sure he can give us a joy we cant even imagine. Heaven isnt some shallow existence people like to make on earth by the little fading joys we make out of everything that passes away.

but those little fading joys, the fact that joy doesn't last, that's what makes it valuable.
we could rig you up so that you have wires connected to your brain and a button that triggered the release of pleasure chemicals in your brain. you could keep pressing that button and keep feeling an unimaginable joy... but what would be the point in it?
outside observers would look at it as pathetic, which it would be.
joy is great because of juxtaposition with the misery in our lives
it's so much more valuable when it's here then it would be when it's the only thing we feel.

This is spiritual.

no, it's stupid. you're saying eternal bliss makes sense... it really doesn't. joy is only valuable because we experience sorrow.

Now complete love with family, God, and something we cant imagine. if thats boring to you, so be it.

of course it's boring. i love to write, what's the point in writing in heaven?
i love solving problems, that's a big one for me
where are the problems to solve in heaven?

Madness. Some times you have said, without knowing the truth. that.

" some speggheti flying monster "

Thats not sincerity.

it's a flying spaghetti monster, thank you.
and no, it is actually quite sincere. it's showing that your belief is sincerely in the realm of all other things that cannot be disproven. i cannot disprove the existence of god, russel's teapot, the invisible pink unicorn, leprechauns, the flying spaghetti monster, and odin
that doesn't mean i should believe in them

" prayers are false and dont work since God isnt true "

thats not sincerity. You dont know.

that's clearly a misquote of me. i normally say prayer doesn't work because i have seen no evidence to show it does.
and then i continue to state that if it did work, it wouldn't necessarily imply that YOUR god was answering the prayers.

" Liberating people from delusions "

You dont know, thats not sincerity.

oh, but i am liberating people from a delusion. the delusion of certainty. you are certain that you are right, that is delusional. i don't know, but at least by making people realize that they're in the same boat as me, i'm liberating them from a delusion, whether they choose to retain theism or not is immaterial to that.

I could pull up many other qqoutes about this. 80 some percent of people in the US believe in God. Your calling all of them a joke. They see their faith as do I as a treasure.

ad populum. it's a logical fallacy. it doesn't matter how many people share your position, it holds no bearing on how right or wrong it is.

The miracles I have seen you will see when you see my life in review. Thats what I mean by I cant wait.

then i must change my statement.
it's ARROGANT pride, not sadistic.

Not out of judgement, but out of just proof that will be given you shortly. And if the prophecy of Lasalett is true about the 2 twelve year old Htoo twins as antichrist.

again, arrogance. you're certain that you're right, a very arrogant position to take.
not only that, you're certain and you're telling me that i'm going to be proven wrong.
twice the pride, twice the fall.

It will be happening by 2016, by then the micro chip will probably be forced on us for (securtiy) purposes.

it's so incredible how amero-centric that prophecy is. micro chip? i live in malta now, we have no need for security purpose micro chipping.

how about this, i'll call your bet.
if you're wrong, you read the god delusion, breaking the spell, god is not great, the end of faith, god the failed hypothesis, the origin of species, the koran, and the vedas
and read them SINCERELY.

if you're right, i'll logically convert.

and the loser has to buy the winner a drink of their choice.

care to take up my wager?

Now, let me ask you. If heaven existed to you, what do you see it as?

pointless.
unless it's just another life like the one we had on earth, i see no value in it. what's the point in a world where there's no more to accomplish?

heaven is complacency, i don't like that.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Heaven will be the home of all that is fine and just! The dwelling place of beauty and brilliance. The finest music performed on the finest instruments etc.

What's not to say we wont use our gifts in heaven? Heaven is an everlasting party, no blunts, no king cobras, no xanax, no coc aine, no need for worldly pleasures. Dear God, simply seeing the Lord will get me higher than I've ever been... for eternity.

The fruition of eons of work. You could say it's like moving into the house of the kindest, richest, smartest man in the universe, The Lord.

Ghandi sinned, buddha sinned, you sin, I sin. Sin will be killed. On the cross, Christ bore the every sin of every human. We're all "paid for". Some simply won't receive this news, or they will cease to acknowledge it. Gotta move my feet and carry God to the ends of the earth. Thank the maker.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by depth om]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
A trichrome the size of the universe.

hell? dirty schwag and ace of base on repeat f o r e v a h

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 29-9-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

There is a conspiracy out there that states that the NWO Global Elite are building their agenda off of the bible revelations in order to neutralize the christian community.

I don't see any logic in that, as it would give christians something to fight for, as they would believe it is their duty to rebel for god. And verichip changing their name to xmark, very suspicious. However I do not believe they changed it on purpose to give the illusion that the bible is real. That doesn't make sense, and if this were all true, it would jeporidize the success for a one world government.

I know there is very little hard evidence for a NWO, but there are many people who stress this stuff. If the NWO isn't real, then how did all these ideas spring about?

I see the NWO as evidence for god, and evidence for christianity also. But the bible has many condridictions against itself in it's own text. So that either means christianity is false, or (more likely) the hundreds of translations the bible has gone through altered it's original script.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Most likely heaven will be what we think... Have you ever seen the movie What Dreams May Come? I suspect that it provides a fairly accurate portrayal of the afterlife.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I could pull up many other qqoutes about this. 80 some percent of people in the US believe in God. Your calling all of them a joke. They see their faith as do I as a treasure.

=.=... i guess you must believe Earth is in the center of the universe? Almost 100% of people thought so (hmm wonder where they got this idea from?)

There can't be absolute free-will. We would always be bound by something.

Everyone is going to hell. Since there's at least more than 2 religion that says your going to hell for not believing in it, and since you can't believe in 2, i can safely say, 'see you in hell'.

[edit on 30-9-2007 by AncientVoid]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I mean the free will of choice in wanting God in your life or not.

We dont have to choose God.

peace.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Not possible to choose. Isn't god everywhere?
He would always know everything about me and what i'm going to do.

[edit on 1-10-2007 by AncientVoid]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
AV, please I beg of you try and understand me. We have had this conversation so many times, I dont want to get off topis about free will.

Just because God knows everything, doesnt mean he chooses for us. God is everywhere and saint Gemma talked to her angel. Its amazing that hes always watching.

peace.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I can name few things god chose for us.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

really? cause the threats seem to be a bit compelling. i mean, if you're right, and god is real, it doesn't matter how good you are, you'll be damned unless you accept a singular religion.

doesn't seem like there's much of a choice.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
For mankind, to play God, And try and think like God, and to try and force others to Believe in your idea of God might be a fast track to hell that you never even considered. Messin with others free will could be mighty dangerous. If I were you; I'd be very careful in the way You manipulate others.

I think you know who you are..............

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join