It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final Fantasy Retrospective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I just stumbled upon this series of Retrospective videos at Gametrailers.com and I just had to share.

www.gametrailers.com...

Start at the beggining and work your way up. It'll take you quite a while as they range from 15 to 30 minutes in length each and it's a 13 part series! Very well done and nostalgic. I haven't played any of the later final fantasy's as I believe that series jumped the shark after 9 but this series made me dust off my NES, SNES, and PS2 and play all the way through 1 to 9. Woohoo. I will never play 10 again. I am interested in 12 now after watching the recent retrospective.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Hey,that was pretty cool.
Thanks for posting that.
I cant wait to see what can be done with the Final Fantasy series on PS3.
Thanks again

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Im currently playing on FF X-2, its amazing, and we all know the 3 main characters.

Paine, Yuna & Rikku, any one finshed it ?

ProTo

[edit on 27-9-2007 by ProTo Fire Fox]

[edit on 27-9-2007 by ProTo Fire Fox]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
*convulsing on the floor*

Please do not mention Final Fantasy X or X-2.............

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ProTo Fire Fox

Ya,I beat FF-X and FF X-2
I really enjoyed FF-X.
FF-X2 on the other hand,was like playing FF with a Charlie's Angels spin on things.
Plus it took me playing X-2 3 times to get the 100% completion :bnghd:

Good luck beating it and getting the 100%

cj6

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

I started to play FF X and FF X-2, both are amazing games, though I never finished either one of them!

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Played VII-XII and hated IX. IX was HORRIBLE! VII and VIII were great, X was fun, loved Blitzball, had a new account just to play it! X-2 was ok. The outfit stuff was weird though. XII is amazing, love it!

I've beaten XII-X-2, haven't beaten XII yet and been playing for a long time. But get a new game, work, sleep, friends, g/f all take time, lol.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sardion2000

one of the reasons i forked out £350 ($700) on a ps2
just to play final fantasy 10 and MGs2

played from 7-10x2

funny thing about the site is on the icons the person could have put the chrectors in the right places

Squel in 7? Setherouth in 6?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HHH Is King
Played VII-XII and hated IX. IX was HORRIBLE!

Said by someone never introduced to the series from the very beginning. That game was for all of us older fans who remember when Final Fantasy was all new and shiny. Try playing Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary edition on PSP and than replay FF IX. That way you can see why lots and lots of people love that game. Unfortunately most fans these days don't know anything about the series before VII, that is when the series started going downhill. The original FF is hardcore. Beat that in less than 40 hours and you deserve to pat yourself on the back. I hope it's not dumbed down for PSP that would really suck.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I played Tactics first, liked Tactics.(At least I think that's what is was called, why they didn't have the I,II, III at first no idea)

And IX was still horrible. Easiest to beat, fastest to beat, storyline sucked, and the lead guy, just couldn't care if he lived or got raped to death by Omega Weapon you know what I mean? VII, VIII, heck even X was better. X2... well its a toss up, lol.

top topics

join