It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon placement tonight Sept.18th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Okay I was just looking out and was a little surprised to see the Moon on the left side of the two Star I observe instead of on the right side like it has been the past few nights.

I also notice the bright star looks normal but the little one further below that star was dim last night but tonight it is twinkling and turning red it has not done that on any other night.

Something just looks weird, any idea's guys?

[edit on 18-9-2007 by observe50]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I dont know about the moon being out of sorts and i'm afraid to go outside and look
Its awful dark around here at night, but sometimes i look outside and everything seems out of place. I dont know what it could be but i've been experiencing this sometimes for about 4 years now.

Maybe our subconscious is seeing something strange that we dont recognize yet?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Okay I was just looking out and was a little surprised to see the Moon on the left side of the two Star I observe instead of on the right side like it has been the past few nights.

I also notice the bright star looks normal but the little one further below that star was dim last night but tonight it is twinkling and turning red it has not done that on any other night.

Something just looks weird, any idea's guys?

[edit on 18-9-2007 by observe50]

The "star" you are looking at is actually the planet Jupiter and the twinkle below it is I believe ngc6281

Source of info

[edit on 18-9-2007 by jtc1967]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Funny I was never able to read a star map even though I have been shown them by you know who. Maybe that's why they showed me

I always look up but I really never paid attention to where the Moon was and the stars and to be honest I noticed about three days ago how weird the Moon looked with it's yellow/orange tinge and as it slowly moved by I placed these two stars with it. The following night I sat here and propped my feet up and it was almost the same so I didn't think much of it but last night when I looked out at approximately the same time it occured to me the Moon is on the left of those stars instead of the right where they had been the two previous nights.

I also know stars twinkle but the two previos nights the lower star was a dim white and last night it was really twinkling with color but mostly red, thought it odd.

I will have to give it a check tonight and see what it looks like.

Thanks for the map I'll have to give it a good look at.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I had my eye on this as well, from Phoenix AZ.
The little guy on the bottom seems to have an almost binary pattern to it's pulsing-I filmed it for a few and grabbed a book on morse and ASCII patterns-
I can tell you guys that I have serious doubts regarding every single airplane that makes it's way into sky harbor international each night. is it possible that we are living under an artificial sky? There I said it. We're all thinking it out here.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Things look hazy here but I know it is all just atmosphereic issues....like the hazy circle around the moon and this haze in the sky makes all the stars seem faded.........but they all seem to be in the same places I expect.....

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
For the past ten years I have driven home most nights between 9:30 and 10:30. For the past several years I have frequently remarked to my husband how strange the moon looks. It rarely seems to be a predictable size or location in the sky. Lately it has appeared HUGE and occasionally very orange.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Funny I was never able to read a star map even though I have been shown them by you know who. Maybe that's why they showed me

I always look up but I really never paid attention to where the Moon was and the stars and to be honest I noticed about three days ago how weird the Moon looked with it's yellow/orange tinge and as it slowly moved by I placed these two stars with it. The following night I sat here and propped my feet up and it was almost the same so I didn't think much of it but last night when I looked out at approximately the same time it occured to me the Moon is on the left of those stars instead of the right where they had been the two previous nights.

I also know stars twinkle but the two previos nights the lower star was a dim white and last night it was really twinkling with color but mostly red, thought it odd.

I will have to give it a check tonight and see what it looks like.

Thanks for the map I'll have to give it a good look at.

Any time at all , glad to help out. I have recently started a bit of backyard astronomy and have wondered what that twinkle was under jupiter. So i googled a few star chart sites and even downloaded Celestra.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by jtc1967]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
just seen the moon and stars now, have watched to many movies that includes horror movies, most of them accosiated with the moon, culd this be something along those lines?????? Am unstable...

top topics

join