It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hilary Clinton - Health Insurance Proof Required For Work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Hilary Clinton - Health Insurance Proof Required For Work

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton said Tuesday that a mandate requiring every American to purchase health insurance was the only way to achieve universal health care...

She said she could envision a day when "you have to show proof to your employer that you're insured as a part of the job interview — like when your kid goes to school and has to show proof of vaccination"...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Fixed title and headline caps with FredT.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Johnmike]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'm not sure how to respond to this sort of thing. I'm dumbfounded - this sounds more like something out of Stalin than an American politician...

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It's a "catch 22" isn't it?

If your only income is from wages, true in most cases...

You need wages to purchase health ins.
You need health ins. to recieve wages.

I don't see how it is supposed to work.

I'm against it anyway.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
i don't get this. Don't most people get a job TO get health insurance as a benefit?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I would have to agree with slimpickens93. It is a catch 22.

Is this another form of segregating the upper and lower classes, as a means to make the middle class more obsolete?

...requiring every American to purchase health insurance....

I would think it to be a good idea to "require" health insurance.... if it was "provided" for all Americans, which would be possible if the money taken in by the Federal Income Tax was spent on such, instead of paying a debt to bankers. That, IMO, would make employment costs drop, and the possibility of employment benefits increase.

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
As an American, I want to here ideas on how we get rid of all these crooked politicians. When will the American people take back their country? We need a fresh start because us Americans have no say what so ever in what they do. They do what they want and we pay for it. George Washington where are you? Today he would have a grill

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
it's like mary antoinette saying let them eat cake. She is completely out of touch with the middle and lower class Americans. Most Americans who have jobs (sometimes 2 and 3 jobs) can't even afford health insurance with those jobs if it is not provided by the employer.

apc

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Link is borktified.

There's no catch. She wants to require people to have health insurance. If you can't afford it, because her and her ilk have manipulated the prices higher, don't worry. She'll provide it for you...

Just don't act surprised when that procedure gets denied because you're an "undesirable."

Sky watcher, my recommendation would violate the T&C.

[edit on 25-11-2007 by apc]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It's clear that you would get it for free if you were on the benefits, that's within her character. Surely the test would be your employer not asking you at interview, few are going to refuse free healthcare. However once they have paid you your wages she may mean checking when its no longer free. Either way, I think they call this a gaffe.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Seriously, this is like 'Falling Down' and being 'economically viable' or not as a citizen?! She's beyond deranged and I imagine this is her preemptive strike against the deficit. Getting the people to pay?!

Let's hope the woman of America wake up and realize she's a con artist and not vote for her based on the fact of her gender. Which, is what worries me the most in this approaching election season.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'm torn. The tactics do blow, but it's smart. If the 20 to 30 percent of our population that just show up at Emergency Rooms without paying for the flu stop... yeah, it all gets cheaper.

But requiring proof of insurance? What's next? Proof of insurance to get a driver's license? Oh...

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Yahoo seems to have taken the page down.

new topics

top topics

join