It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Is Paying Off Iraq's Worst War Criminals in Attempt to Ward Off Attacks inc. Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

U.S. Is Paying Off Iraq's Worst War Criminals in Attempt to Ward Off Attacks

www.alternet.org

The insurgents who were shooting at U.S. troops six months ago are now on the payroll [includes video].
Title: Director's Cut: New Video shows the truth in Anbar that Petraeus does not want us to see.

When Bush was in Iraq two weeks ago he posed for photographs with Abdul-Sattar Abu Risha, the leader of the Anbar Awakening, an alliance of Sunni tribes who vow to back the United States and fight against al Qaeda.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18/9/2007 by budski]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
A very interesting interview and video, but really is there anything new about people changing sides for financial benefit?

The real problem is what will happen if the US stops paying these people - will they then revert back to being insurgents and shooting at US troops again?

This war gets dirtier by the day.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
whats changed?
the United states paid and hired nazi warcriminals who used Jews in slave camps. (example is the person that worked on the rockets for the US space agency after ww2)

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Maybe the payments are actually meant to keep the war going, funding the other side. Maybe somebody got caught doing something naughty and is just changing the real story. Afterall, these would be the guys you would pay to keep a war going because they have all the connections.

Peace

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

An interestin point, after all, there's an awfull lot of money being made by various people and groups in Iraq.

This really is an indictment of the world we live in, where money is more important than people or morals.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
And think about the "fear" aspect it has on the American public. "Oh my God, we're having to pay the bad guys not to hurt us!". They want you to have that not so fuzzy feeling of not feeling protected.

Then on the other hand they want to start wars with everyone and their mothers.

It doesn't add up does it?

Peace

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Not much about this war does add up - apart from the amount of money being made.
An interesting take on modern times is Michael Crichton's "State of Fear"
It pretty much sums up how all sorts of things are used to rule us by fear.

Meanwhile the big boys just keep getting richer....

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It is funny how this is coming out of the American peoples pockets. If I was an American citizen I would be outraged. Well, it is your tax money not mine, so Bush can spend it on a brand new Lamborghini for all I care.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

The attitude seems to be the ostrich method - stick your head in the sand and hope everythings better when you next look up.

top topics

join