It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barry Manilow Cancels Apperance on 'The View' Because Hasselbeck is a Conservative

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This must be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of. This grown man is afraid to go onto a show because one out of the four women on it is a conservative?

Barry Manilow, who is out promoting his Greatest Songs of the Seventies, has refused to share a stage with Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who was barely walking in the 70s. The crooner left a little message on his website yesterday for his fans letting them know he wouldn't be on The View today, saying "I had made a request that I be interviewed by Joy, Barbara or Whoopi, but not Elisabeth Hasselback. Unfortunately, the show was not willing to accommodate this simple request so I bowed out. It’s really too bad because I've always been a big supporter of the show, but I cannot compromise my beliefs."

I'm actually kind of surprised that Barbara Walters told him no then instead of making Elisabeth go backstage during his appearance -- kudos to her for that.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
What are they supposed to do, just kick Hasselbeck off the stage for the Manilow segment? They can't do that, she's the only hot one!

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Barry Manilow, fact is he's one of the greatest entertainers/songwriters ever, but isn't it about time he came out of the closet? Lay it out there Barry, the people will still love you.

I can't help but think this is tied into Rosie in one way or another.

Peace

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
What are they supposed to do, just kick Hasselbeck off the stage for the Manilow segment? They can't do that, she's the only hot one!

She's also the only one with better hair than Barry. Maybe that's it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Barry Manilow, fact is he's one of the greatest entertainers/songwriters ever, but isn't it about time he came out of the closet? Lay it out there Barry, the people will still love you.

You're kidding, right? I never even thought about him being, um. . . a little bit lavender. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I can't help but think this is tied into Rosie in one way or another.

OOOewff! The image that is evoked by the words "tied to Rosie" is pretty face-slappingly hideous. Thanks for helping with my diet.

new topics

join