It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Says U.S. Attack on Iran Would Be Catastrophic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Your right they won't risk mad.Use my theory for a sec.If Venezuela has submarines a few thousand miles off the coast of the U.S with russian nuke bombs in the silos,how would we know they are Russian nukes.

In other words Suddenly we get a phone call saying there is nuclear submarines of our coast blah blah.Well how in the little amount of time before a missile hit us could we prove it was Russia?

Thats just my dumbass theory,their war planners obviously could come up with some much more effective ideas.In all my posts I'm trying to point out

1- There is a motive
2- The alliences are there
3- They are prepared
4- It's possible for them to plan this and not ring ultimate destruction to their countrie/countries

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Russia will not risk handing over nukes to the nutcase regime in Venezuela..
They might as well give them to Kimmy boy then..

Russia is not gunning for an armageddon here people. Whatever theydo is to balance american/nato proliferation around the world..

The only untouched areas are the Non-aligned nations..

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

Again why not?No one can answer the easy question of why not?

Also I have stated many times that this is their chance,and obviously their war planners would come up with a much better plan.Doesn't even have to involve Venezuela.

I don't know how kim and Putins relationship is,but I do know Putin and Hugo "hang out" a lot

Again I'm not even 100% sure anything at all will happen.I'm just pointing out that the possiility is there.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Silo
reply to post by Daedalus3

Also I have stated many times that this is their chance,and obviously their war planners would come up with a much better plan.Doesn't even have to involve Venezuela.

I don't know how kim and Putins relationship is,but I do know Putin and Hugo "hang out" a lot

Again I'm not even 100% sure anything at all will happen.I'm just pointing out that the possiility is there.

First off and fore most any use of a nuclear warhead other than a small scale tactical type to hit a hardened target is not going to happen. The basic principal for keeping your country "alive" wins out in the matter. Russian is stating in a political matter that any strike upon Iran would just mean a global break down in political relations..NOT nuclear war. The middle east isn't "stable" but in the same breath it's unstable manner is some what contained to that region and thats just what all the super powers here want and yes I did say all cause last I checked we are not the only ones who have Nuclear statement power so I hate to tell ya U.S. is not the sole super power, we never have been.

Russia has alot of fuel contracts with Iran as well as China, And a vest interest in Irans natural resource production, U.S. knows this and isn't dumb enough to strike Iran...It's all political talk..Thats it! There isn't going to be any war over this...How long have people been talking about this on this board? For as long as I have been a member, It's not happening there's more of a chance of the White house being painted orange than a strike on Iran. And use some common sense W's term is almost up he's not going to make "another" dumb move that would cost the Republicans a shot @ 08'.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   

LOL, this is just getting farcical. You don't think the Americans would know where they came from ( this is of course disregaring the fact that this stupid scenario would never ome about ) ? They wouldn't ask themselves oh wait, where did Venezuela get nuclear wrhedas and the missiles to deliver thm with.
And it's pretty obvious Venezuela would be wiped of the map.
It's kind of funny you're the only one who can see any logic in this, kind of attests to your limited intelligence.

BS next....

Well it's just as possible and more likely that Rusia would give nukes to the MArtians who could blackmail the US from their moonbase.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

BS next....

Well it's just as possible and more likely that Rusia would give nukes to the MArtians who could blackmail the US from their moonbase.

You are just not worthy of taking up post space.Hugo and Putin actually meet alot.Hugo gos to Russia a lot.You know nothing and I won't be able to stop responding to you unless I ignore you.So have fun living in your tiny little incorrect world.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mad scientist

It's kind of funny you're the only one who can see any logic in this, kind of attests to your limited intelligence.

Kind of funny that you're the only one who is not able to make a point without resorting to personal attacks..

It is no secret that Putin and Chavez have very close relations..

[edit on 9/19/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The players a laid and the time will soon be right for the mad-strategic disillusion secret government.
It will not start by a war against Iran because you don’t go to war against a sovereign nation with more then 60 millions people.
They will bomb Iran but this will lead to a dramatic scenario where by Russia and China will get involve in helping Iran to retaliate against some out side Us interest. Then from there all road are open like the Cuban Missiles affair in the 60's. now it all depend when this will start what kind of government USA will have, if it's a wise one like Kennedy then they will not be war but they will be assassination....look like history repeat it's self.

Kacou

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Frankly, I'd like to see the US suffer a nuclear attack on its own soil...Just like you did so barbarically to the Japanese over 60 yrs ago...

Maybe that might shake your general populace into action, and actively get of their arses and either depose any government who dared to override the will of its people...

Or more importantly, elected a government who actually listened to its people when it came to nuclear disarmament...

IMO, its going to take a nuclear attack within the US (probly by terrorists, the kind the CIA have on the books) to wake the American electorate up enough to realise you need to reduce the amount of nuclear weapons you have in stock...

And to work with other nations, particularly Israel and China to reduce their stockpiles...

As a pre requiste of this, if Iran decide to develop a nuclear weapon, IMO it is justified given Israel's aresnal...

Its all about balance, as it was during the cold war...and there is no reason we could bring this balance about again..

Then work honestly and openly towards a reduction of these weapons world wide on a pro rata basis...

To me, this is the only sensible way we are going to avoid Armageddon in my life (I'm 40, btw
)

Peace all

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

You are just not worthy of taking up post space.Hugo and Putin actually meet alot.Hugo gos to Russia a lot.You know nothing and I won't be able to stop responding to you unless I ignore you.So have fun living in your tiny little incorrect world.

Right, right they are best of friends yeah right. So supposeldy this justifies everything you have said about Venezuela nuking the US. I have proven you wrong time and time again especially about your views on China.
I know nothing, lol - look in the mirror. Have you ever even been outside the US ?
I could make the argument that you know nothing, I think I hvae shown that quite easily.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
Kind of funny that you're the only one who is not able to make a point without resorting to personal attacks..

It is no secret that Putin and Chavez have very close relations..

Well I can't stand stupidity. So you agree with erm Mr Silo's scenario ? I think too many people read articles and cannot distinguish bias from objectiveness and they are way too easily led by a good story, not the real world. Travelling around the world gives you far more insight into a people and culture than reading anything especially garbage on the internet. Maybe you can't see that because you've never done it, once you do you will see and I don't mean doing the tourist things.

What is the definaition of a close relationship ? They talk to each other ? Erm so what, they are hardly hatching secret plans together. You could say the same thing with Putin and other leaders, it hadly caries any weight.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This whole debate is going WAY off the rails.

As a few frustrated posters have noted, Russia is not threatening any military action if we attack Iran - they're simply saying it's a stupid idea that will have negative long-term consequences. Which ought to be obvious to anyone with a functioning nervous system anyway.

However the discussion seems to be turning into a typical dopey "¿quién es más macho?" debate

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mad scientist

I didnt say that I agreed with his scenario. I just stated the truth, Russia and Venezuela are very close allies.. Russia seems to be going to every country that has sever problems with us or a hatred towards us and making an alliance.. Wow, Russia was actually considered our ally for what, about 5 years?

If youre asking me if i believe that Putin would give Chavez nukes then I would have to say no, absolutely not.. at least not publicly that is..
third party or as a proxy? who knows.. I mean does anyone really know?
Doing it like they did with Cuba, then no way..

[edit on 9/19/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
Frankly, I'd like to see the US suffer a nuclear attack on its own soil...Just like you did so barbarically to the Japanese over 60 yrs ago...

Maybe that might shake your general populace into action, and actively get of their arses and either depose any government who dared to override the will of its people...

Or more importantly, elected a government who actually listened to its people when it came to nuclear disarmament...

IMO, its going to take a nuclear attack within the US (probly by terrorists, the kind the CIA have on the books) to wake the American electorate up enough to realise you need to reduce the amount of nuclear weapons you have in stock...

And to work with other nations, particularly Israel and China to reduce their stockpiles...

As a pre requiste of this, if Iran decide to develop a nuclear weapon, IMO it is justified given Israel's aresnal...

Its all about balance, as it was during the cold war...and there is no reason we could bring this balance about again..

Then work honestly and openly towards a reduction of these weapons world wide on a pro rata basis...

To me, this is the only sensible way we are going to avoid Armageddon in my life (I'm 40, btw
)

Peace all

If we ever met in person please.........Don't stand to close to me so I'm not hit by the hell fire from the predator drone that is following you around from what you just said...Also you might want to check out side your window and check the street for any strange electric company vans etc. As in America now you have just made the terrorist list..hey look on the bright side if you have a fetish for being watched then your on stage now

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Couldn't agree more. It's like everyone opted to NOT READ the article in the OP. Or maybe they did but there were too many big words. I really don't know..

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Well, were they wrong?
LOL

I mean GW1 basically gave us Osama Bin Laden, and eventually 9-11.

Actually we don't know who gave the US 9-11 but we know the CIA gave us OBL but. It's interesting how few people remember that the US actually took around half a million casualties, no longer fit for military service, in the first GW due to toxic vaccines being used on US troops.. Is it any wonder that the US now simply can not deploy the type of numbers that a victory in Iraq would require?

And GW2 led to the disaster that is the occupation of Iraq, not to mention increasing instability in Lebanon, etc...

And another round of toxic vaccines who's effects we will see in due time...

Stellar

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

As a few frustrated posters have noted, Russia is not threatening any military action if we attack Iran - they're simply saying it's a stupid idea that will have negative long-term consequences. Which ought to be obvious

The conversation has nothing to do with wether Russia said they will fight us if we attack Iran.The conversation has been about the probability of that happening.No one claimed they said they would........Ironically Beach agrees with you .did either of you read any of the conversation?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

If we ever met in person please.........Don't stand to close to me so I'm not hit by the hell fire from the predator drone that is following you around from what you just said...Also you might want to check out side your window and check the street for any strange electric company vans etc. As in America now you have just made the terrorist list..hey look on the bright side if you have a fetish for being watched then your on stage now

Exactly. That dude is an idiot!! He'll be watched from here on out. Dont make any mistakes buddy-you're officially on the list. An

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
Frankly, I'd like to see the US suffer a nuclear attack on its own soil...

Peace all

Spot the contradiction

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

Go troll somewhere else.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join