It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Piracicaba, Brazil July 2007 video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well the video PLaprad uploaded seals the deal for me.

RC helicopter, with multi stage pyro's.

I mean it looks almost so exact, I thought I was watching the original 'UFO' clip at certain points.

case closed, in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Okay I'll be the one to go out on a limb here:

It looks like two ufo's did a bit of battle and they both got hit pretty bad. Where the first appears to break up it appears to me that the ufo' broke loose about 1:19? at that point the other started to turn. It appears that this one was having difficulty and at one point looked like it was going to be okay but they couldn't hold control.

I would think that this second one would now be looking for water to get into , is there water near by?

The camera person always seems to cut off at the most crucial points.

I will say what was shown with the helicopter looked good but .....who knows.

My 2 cents worth

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Okay I'll be the one to go out on a limb here:

It looks like two ufo's did a bit of battle and they both got hit pretty bad. Where the first appears to break up it appears to me that the ufo' broke loose about 1:19? at that point the other started to turn. It appears that this one was having difficulty and at one point looked like it was going to be okay but they couldn't hold control.

I would think that this second one would now be looking for water to get into , is there water near by?

The camera person always seems to cut off at the most crucial points.

I will say what was shown with the helicopter looked good but .....who knows.

My 2 cents worth

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Great helicopter vid posted by PLaprad!

Loved the part where the copter was hovering and firing a barrage of rockets,MAN that was awesome.
It looks to me as though this is a plausible explanation for the Brazil video.

Thats another in the list of fake UFO types to look out for.
But saying that the guys flying the copter in Brazil may not have been trying to generate UFO sightings,as maybe the folks who filmed it did not know them.
I must admit It would have freaked me out good style,if I had witnessed it before finding out about those firework copter dudes...Hehe what a great hobby that is for sure.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

Man you guys are not very analytical at all. It is most definatly not a slow exposure because the shaking in the camera would be short and fast and the image would blur. Also, the object is definatly in the sky in this video, and not anywhere near this guy, you can tell from the perspective when he zooms out. The reason he has his damn flashers on is because he had to pull over on the highway and stop to film this. I dont care how much of a hobbiest HOAXER you have to be to do something like pull over on a HIGHWAY and point your camera at nothing. Looks authentic to me.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by thatblissguy

I don't know, the first step in hoaxing anything is to sit down and make it look as authentic as possible. People usually play out (role play) the event they're planning as if it were real before making a video. It's not exactly too natural to pullover and put on your flashers.

So far we have: Cessna towing pyrotechnics and an RC plane housing fireworks. #1 seems most practical, especially if he's not around any major airport.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I seriously doubt this is a hoax, but it could be a misinterpretation. I think it might be some sort of advanced flares or fireworks. It can't be an alien spacecraft because this is not in their typical fashion.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I am not convinced of the RC plane/heli explanation just yet. Simply because the video that PLaprad has put up shows how the pyro would light up the underside of the RC heli., go to about the last 1/3rd of the that video.

Now compare this to the orig. Brazil video, nothing else is visible. For that reason a cessna/light plane is also not viable - where are the lights? or is the pilot insane enough to fly with no lights....

Please comment on these.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by 2believeor0]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hello,
The video from Youtube is mine, and I'd to start by saying this video is not fake, nor cgi. I don't have that kind of expertise.
It's most likely a small (not RC) fixed wing aircraft or helicopter with something burning on it, or hanging from below. The footage was taken right after I left a wedding party, and I had one too many glasses of wine. That's why the camera is shaking.
It's definitely an UFO, as it was flying and I can't tell what it is. It was far away enough that I couldn't hear any engine noise, most likely due to the freeway noise.
On the direction I was shooting there are no mountains or hills that would justify that angle. They'd be way lower and far, far away (something like 50 miles away). The object was flying at least 2-3 miles away from us, and it was faster than any air currents, so it can't be a balloon.
The image attached here is an image of the region, where's the city's airport and where's that RC club that was mentioned before.

The original file has more details, it was shot in AVI (with a digital camera canon S2 IS), but it's 168MB long, and Youtube wouldn't allow me to upload the entire video there. That's why I compressed it (though the entire lenght of the video is there).

The reason why the video is so short is because the car's driver decided to move closer, and I had to stop filming or else they'd leave me there. After about 1 minute, the thing went on a steep dive and we didn't see anything else.

I can upload the original video somewhere if anyone wants to take a look, but please do not publish it without my consent.

Thanks
Carlos

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by carlosdv

Thank you, Carlos, for coming here and clearing things up. Would you mind explaining your post a little bit more. You say initially, this is most likely a fixed wing plane or heli with something burning. a few lines later you say definitely UFO. If this is likely to be a known craft why is it a UFO?

Also, that seems like a very dangerous stunt or perhaps a plane on fire, can you confirm whether or not there were reports in the local media regarding such an event? At 2 miles high that is a lot of pyro material burning up. I am not an expert on explosives, but perhaps someone else here could comment on that.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Oi Carlos.  Por favor, Qual fue a BR onde voce filmava a video? 'Brigado.

I'd have to say that it was not a regular air plane for a few reasons. The turn it makes is too tight. Risking ones pilot licence for a stunt like that is highly unlikely. No navigational lights, and a piro show, would definitely get ones licence pulled.

RC seems right. They could have been flying over a vacant field near the highway and not over the road or any other structure, so there would be little risk of collateral damage. If you look at the satelite view Carlos provided, you can see that the area he was facing is primarily over open fields. Just because the RC Club is located away from the road, does not mean that that is the only place where they fly. I fly my Helicopter and Plane at several locations and am always on the lookout for new areas. If the object landed suddenly, as Carols suggested, that is much how a RC Helicopter flight would end. In the Fireworks video, there is a portion where you can not see the RC Helicopter, only the fireworks, just as in the 'UFO' video. Fireworks are readily available in Brasil so it seems quite reasonable to me. Perhaps Carlos can ask members of the RC club about it to see if any of them were making an illuminated night flight like that.

Or.....perhaps as was stated in the original video, it was Papai Noel.

[edit on 19/9/07 by Terapin]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
It's an UFO in the sense that I don't know what was flying out there. Here's a link to a map of that region, and I was on SP 147
I don't live there, I was there only for that wedding. I live in WA state, so I can't really confirm or deny any reports of crashes, fires in airplanes, or talk to RC clubs etc...

Carlos

[edit on 19-9-2007 by carlosdv]

[edit on 19-9-2007 by carlosdv]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the rapid response. I lived in the Morumbi neighborhood of Sao Paulo for a while and am familiar with the area near Piracicaba. Cool video and I am glad that you posted it. I still lean towards a RC Helicopter with fireworks, as was shown in the other video in this thread. But you are right. It IS a UFO as we don't know for sure what it is.

I have friends there still and perhaps I can get them to look into it. Do you know the correct date of the event? I am not sure if the date on Youtube is correct, or simply the date you posted the Video.

[edit on 19/9/07 by Terapin]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The video was shot exactly at 6:36 PM local time, on July 21st, 2007. (that's what the camera registered)

Carlos

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
not an expert, but i would say, definitely NOT a cig, i doubt a RC heli, not a REAL helicopter, turned too quick.
My deal is this, its actual luminosity would have to be determined by how far it is away, ie, it could be very bright and far away or not really that bright and very close. i dont think its cg, because the focus keeps coming in and out, and it seems to be from a hand held camera. why did it seem like fire was dripping from it? if it was atmospheric re-entry, it would have to be very large.
I know its not very organized, I was typing as things came to me

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
there's now way its an RC helicopter, utterly ridiculous that it wouldnt MELT with the heat of this huge fireball, not to mention you dont see any hint of it lit up by the intense light.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Wildone106, Did you even watch the video posted by PLaprad?

If you had, you could see where in one portion, while the fireworks are going full tilt, there is a section where you can not see the RC Helicopter, only the fireball. There is a large fireball made by the suspended fireworks, similar in size to the UFO video. There are sparks falling down off of it as it flys about, much as in the UFO video. In that video the RC helicopter was even outfitted with LED illumination, yet in portions they are not visible as the fireworks overexpose the video and blot out the LED illumination.

I have both a RC Helicopter, and a RC Plane, and can assure you that they can carry a decent payload. Enough to create a similar sized fireball as in the UFO video, and if done right there would be no concern over melting the RC Helicopter. The RC Helicopter, in the video PLaprad linked to, did not melt. If the fireworks are not aimed directly at the RC Helicopter, there is little fear that they would cause any damage. You can hold in your hand, similar "fountain" type fireworks without getting burned. Downdraft from the rotors would ensure any sparks would be directed away from the craft.

In the UFO video, it is taken near a highway and with the distance, the noise made by a modern RC helicopter might not have been noticeable. The modern ones are significantly quieter than the older models. They also have very decent electric RC helicopters now that make very little noise. From 100 yards away it very well could have been silent over the highway noise, even if it was gas powered.

You can also take a look at Mike Scoles, who is an IRCHA International RC Helicopter Association Champ, and is well known for his night flights which include the use of fireworks. He is somewhat of a pioneer in the field, and fireworks equipped night flights are becoming quite common with the RC Heli crowd.

Here are a few other videos of RC/fireworks videos worth considering.

Fireworks shooting from an small electric RC helicopter at close range

Fireworks on a gas powered RC plane

Indoor fireworks being towed by a RC Plane

RC helicopter fireing a full sized, full-auto shotgun Nice sized payload.

RC Helicopter fireworks By DrScoles

Smooth RC helicopter skills No fireworks but a great inverted touch and go over a pond!!!

[edit on 20/9/07 by Terapin]

[edit on 20/9/07 by Terapin]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Great video! Well, Í strongly doubt as well this is cgi. Also it seems far too big for being some kind of model.

This is not the first vid of a 'spark dropping' UFO I've seen though. I also remember how the Rendlesham UFO is said to have dropped what looked like pieces of molten metal.

Thanks for the vid, very interesting.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I found a RC club member there and sent him an E-Mail asking about it. Hopefully we'll hear back soon about this.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Now, that's weird haha!
Piracicaba is right next to my city, Limeira, here in Brazil (state of São Paulo). So far I've never heard of this UFO, not even by gossip.

Anyway, analyzing the video, it really is Limeira-Piracicaba "highway" due the car sounds in the background.
Here's the transcript:

- "Now it's much faster, must be a baloon"

- "Dude, it's really fast!" (in the background)
- "It's a baloon or a TAM airplane"

(didn't understand what he says)
- "Look, you can see a tiny light above the enlightened part..."
- "Yeah, I can see it"
- "...And another enlightened part above"

- "It's going to fall (3x)"
(and some other comments about falling)
- "Dude, it's turning towards us"
- "Dude, you know what it is? It's an airplane with firecrackers in the back"

- "Wait a second (3x)
- "It's moving in circles (turning around would be the exact translation"
- "The thing is going down dude"
- "Are you recording or what..?"
- "I'm recording, I'm recording"
- "....It's moving in circles, it's going to fall here in the highway..."
- "It's really far away"
- "Yep, must be above the mall"
- "5 km from here"

(at 00:29 you can see clearly they were shooting from the highway)

- "It's santa coming"
- "It's way too low (altitude), coming down too much"
- "I think it's santa"
- "Let's go a little bit further to be closer of it"
- "Wait, let me finish recording"
- "Let's go closer dude!"
- "Look at that, it turned off now"

And the video ends with more "Let's go closer to it"
Yes, I know, my english sucks but that's all I can do now.

My opinion? It's legit. The highway, sounds, comments, all resembles to piracicaba, even the mall reference (which is near the highway).

E valeu carlos por ter gravado isso!

[edit on 20/9/2007 by tunin]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join