It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran threatens missile attacks on US targets

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

Have you ever thought of the USA being the bad guys? I mean Saddam never invaded nor did he say he will invade the US. The US invaded Iraq with no justifications and they did the same for Afghanistan. The war has been about oil all along. If you don't believe me then what does this indicate to you?

PARIS – After a sea of lies and a tsunami of propaganda, the ugly truth behind the Iraq and Afghanistan wars finally emerged into full view this week.

Four major western oil companies, Exxon, Mobil, Shell, BP and Total, are about to sign US-brokered no-bid contracts with the US-installed Baghdad regime to begin exploiting Iraq’s oil fields. Saddam Hussein had kicked these firms out three decades ago when he nationalized Iraq’s foreign-owned oil industry for the benefit of Iraq’s national development. The Baghdad regime is turning back the clock.

This agreement comes as talks are continuing between the Washington and its Baghdad client regime over future US basing rights in Iraq. After some face-saving Iraqi objections, it is expected that Baghdad will sign a compact with Washington giving US forces control of Iraq and its air space in a manner very similar to Great Britain’s colonial arrangement with Iraq.
Prison Planet

But...I guess your right, the people who reside in the Middle East are nothing more then evil vampires that were put onto this planet to suck your blood!
I guess it is better then evil elites sucking the money out of your pockets and putting it into theirs.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I cant wait for Iran to be punished for its stupidity making claims it cant back up.

Bolton: Israel to strike Iran after US elections
www.jpost.com...

[edit on 25-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
What a stupid comment LOLP. Of course Saddam couldnt have invaded the US, but he did invade Kuwait and was poised to do so to Saudi Arabia. DUH> Just THINK about it okay?

Originally posted by Equinox99
reply to post by yahn goodey

Have you ever thought of the USA being the bad guys? I mean Saddam never invaded nor did he say he will invade the US. The US invaded Iraq with no justifications and they did the same for Afghanistan. The war has been about oil all along. If you don't believe me then what does this indicate to you?

PARIS – After a sea of lies and a tsunami of propaganda, the ugly truth behind the Iraq and Afghanistan wars finally emerged into full view this week.

Four major western oil companies, Exxon, Mobil, Shell, BP and Total, are about to sign US-brokered no-bid contracts with the US-installed Baghdad regime to begin exploiting Iraq’s oil fields. Saddam Hussein had kicked these firms out three decades ago when he nationalized Iraq’s foreign-owned oil industry for the benefit of Iraq’s national development. The Baghdad regime is turning back the clock.

This agreement comes as talks are continuing between the Washington and its Baghdad client regime over future US basing rights in Iraq. After some face-saving Iraqi objections, it is expected that Baghdad will sign a compact with Washington giving US forces control of Iraq and its air space in a manner very similar to Great Britain’s colonial arrangement with Iraq.
Prison Planet

But...I guess your right, the people who reside in the Middle East are nothing more then evil vampires that were put onto this planet to suck your blood!
I guess it is better then evil elites sucking the money out of your pockets and putting it into theirs.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

The first gulf war was all bout him invading Kuwait....did we leave that place with oil?NO..........did we leave a military presence there?NOO....in the region.....YES

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
You guys are right about the Gulf war. What about the current war?
Let me guess you guys are believers of democracy? If this new war is not about Iran and oil then the Vatican has never committed a murder.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
reply to post by Equinox99

The first gulf war was all bout him invading Kuwait....did we leave that place with oil?NO..........did we leave a military presence there?NOO....in the region.....YES

The first Gulf War was about protecting Saudi Oil. Iraq was given the green light to invade Kuwait by the US, but when they started making noises and positioning troops on the Saudi border, that's when the USA got arsey and assembled the coalition to eject them from Kuwait.

Had Saddam made overtures to the West and Saudi instead of getting cocky, he most likely would have been left alone in Kuwait.

Ironically, had you invaded and taken Saddam down then instead of 2003, you would have ridden a tidal wave of Shia support and wouldn't have rfaced the difficulties you've seen recently.

But, Bush senior wimped out and left Saddam in power whilst also alienating the Shia's by promising support then watching them get butchered when they rose up against Saddam.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This post actually lasted to page 4 without complete degeneration into idiocy.

Congratulations.

/Clap

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
I truly think some of you need to be given a few counts of treason (the US members that is).

United States Constitution Article III Section 3, defines treason as:

The trial of all crimes, except in cases of impeachment, shall be by jury; and such trial shall be held in the state where the said crimes shall have been committed; but when not committed within any state, the trial shall be at such place or places as the Congress may by law have directed.

Section 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

I don't think anything anyone has said here, no matter how inflammatory you may think it is, constitutes the charge of treason. Aid and Comfort extends to directly helping the enemy by doing such things as harboring their soldiers in your home, feeding them, clothing them, arming them, and actively taking into account the damage this will do. The only exception to this rule is a wounded soldier from an invading army as directed by the Geneva Conventions.

That is the kind of thing that divides this country so deeply. And the ignorance of what the law says on certain issues. Which is why no one called out that wretched bitch Ann Coulter for her accusations of treason, and collusion with the enemy when it came to a political views different from that of Bush or Her.

I understand how you feel. But believe me when I tell you this, Iran would collapse the American Empire, if not directly, then indirectly through the drain of our resources and man power. They can sustain a very long term war with the US, and could probably sustain a long term guerrilla campaign against us as well.

We also have to contend with Syria, because they have a mutual defense treaty. Not to mention Venezuela, and every well organized terrorist group from Al-Qaida, to Hamas, to Hezbollah, not to mention whatever grass roots insurgency and resistance movements that are organized in the Middle East.

No, this is not a war people are hoping the US will lose, it is a war people know we'll lose. Maybe not in the immediate, but certainly if it drags on, and on. And it will.

Edit to add:

This is freakin' treason: www.military.com...

[edit on 26-6-2008 by projectvxn]

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join