It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran threatens missile attacks on US targets

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
That's not a threat, that's a statement of what they can do. I don't think they are planning on using that capacity unprovoked.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
I'm bored someone bomb someone already I need something good to watch on TV.

+1

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

Agreed. The statement made was clearly not a threat. It was a statement of what Iran is capable of, not what they are willing to do.

With the recent talk of Nato countries (possibly) gearing up for a war with Iran, it's not surprising that Iran has been giving the old "back off" messages.

However, anything can be twisted to appear as something else... and that's exactly what the media is best at.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
You know I hate war, hate it, all this is so depressing to me! But if we are going to have a war, lets have a proper war! lets see a more even war, lets see Western forces being killed in there thousands, lets see the west take a right kicking, lets see our brothers maimed and slaughtered by the Iranians. I have alot of respect for Iran and feel they're being unfairly targeted just like Iraq was previously. And I'm not going to fall for the same crap that I was fed before, So I hope this time when war starts that we have a proper war with both sides taking unimaginable losses. Maybe then some of you war loving idiots will change your views when you witness war at first hand, instead in the comfort of your living room, while you sit on your couch cracking your tins open and farting and burping like a pig. Let war commence and lets feel Iran's wrath.

[edit on 18uTuesday07/27/20 by paul76]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Originally posted by wantsome
I'm bored someone bomb someone already I need something good to watch on TV.

+1

I suppose the pair of you think War is all fun and games.

People die. Innocent people die. Poor sods on either side who are just doing as they are told, die.

Where are you? Sat at home, in your cosy houses, cheering on your side to kill another bunch of people you've never met as if it is some sort of sport.

Tell you what, if you think it's so cool, why not pop down your local recruiting office and join up. I hear they're short of volunteers.

But, I doubt you will. There will probably be some lame excuse as to why you don't want to go and fight yourself.

[edit on 18/9/07 by stumason]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Ha they won't be laughing when they have no choice but to join the war. compulsory service due to the massive losses. Iran won't be a Iraq, it will be horrendous and there will be massive losses on both sides.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I suppose the pair of you think War is all fun and games.

People die. Innocent people die. Poor sods on either side who are just doing as they are told, die.

For crying out loud.....
I was being facetious to add a little levity. Please relax!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Iran is full of talkers not doers.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
Ha they won't be laughing when they have no choice but to join the war.

Way ahead of you.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Let war commence and lets feel Iran's wrath.

OMG! Post of the day!
Thats the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. You were probably saying the same thing before the 1st war with Iraq.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

It's your kind and attitude that gives America a bad reputation.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Intimidation factor. It's like what north korea did, iran, atleast i don't think, is capable of throwing nukes from 2k km away. If they could... they would have done it on israel already. Just my guess, don't make me feel bad

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Thats easy to say so please elaborate.
What attitude are you talking about? Being Patriotic?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chickeneater

You need to deny Igonrance my friend, here is a link that will enlighten your self on what is the propaganda behind the Iran wants to wipe Israel occurs that is if you really want to learn the truth.

Does Iran's President Want Israel Wiped Off The Map - Does He Deny The Holocaust?

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

First source as propaganda

(source: www.nytimes.com, based on a publication of 'Iranian Students News Agency' (ISNA) -- insertions by the New York Times in squared brackets -- passages in triple squared brackets will be left blank in the MEMRI version printed below)

Second source the real translation.

(source: memri.org..., based on the publication of 'Iranian Students News Agency' (ISNA) -- insertions by MEMRI in squared brackets -- missing passages compared to the 'New York Times' in triple squared brackets)

Is all progaganda backed by George W. Bush in an off-the-cuff speech

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Thats easy to say so please elaborate.

Time to go to your room and sleep. School tomorrow you know.
Now move it.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Time to go to your room and sleep. School tomorrow you know.
Now move it.

As usual you did not answer the question and try to cover your lack of logic with a sly comment. Thanks for the informative post.

You are rather boring!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well i hope none of the troops were actually expecting to come home. if they were, this is a real heart breaker for them.

We are going to war with Iran. everything logical points to that direction.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

What do you know of patriotism?

I cant believe that Im watching this sad rerun of the same tired propaganda that they used with Iraq.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
[What do you know of patriotism?

Apparently more than you. Way to answer a question with a question.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 11Bravo

Thats what infuriates me, it's all the propaganda flying around. I would rather them come out and tell the truth for the reasons of going to war, I wouldn't like it but at least I would know what people are dieing for.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join