It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran threatens missile attacks on US targets

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Iran has US Troops based in nations on two of it's borders, Iraq and Afghanistan.

Iran has been the centre of threats, curses, and demonisation by the NeoCons, as well as boasts by US military sources about having targets mapped out in Iran to hit.

Iran is simply saying "You can punch us, but we can punch you too, and we won't go down without a fight."

In other words, Iran may be knocked about and hurt, but at the same time it can strike back and hurt too.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Silo
at least we will get to watch some crazy stuff on the news.You have to admit watching the "shock and awe" of Iraq was pretty exciting.

Well just imagine this.

Well, I hope you enjoy your popcorn and soda while countless numbers of Iranians are condemned to horrifying deaths and Iranian mothers and fathers have their children maimed and killed, and Iranian children are maimed and orphaned.

Me? I will be sobbing. I will cry tears of torment for the horrors that man can wage against man.

I did not find "Shock and Awe" exciting. I found it gut wrenchingly horrid to watch Iraqis die live on my television screen in multiple fiery fireballs as part of an illegal war waged for dastardly means.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Regensturm]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Considering the United States hypocritical past with Iran I find all of this quite amusing.

How many know we once wanted to place our own nukes in Iran? That we supplied them with enriched uranium forty years ago? That we wanted to aid them in enriching uranium and that we agreed that nuclear power for Iran as a necessary tool for productivity?

Did the US build a major nuclear facility AND reactor for Iran already?

11 February 1961 The US Joint Chiefs of Staff suggested to place nuclear weapons in Iran as part of its close links with Iran.

September 1967 The United States supplies 5.545kg of enriched uranium, of which 5.165kg contain fissile isotopes, to Iran for fuel in a research reactor. The United States also supplies 112kg of plutonium, of which 104kg are fissile isotopes, for use as "start-up sources for research reactor."

November 1967 The 5MWt pool-type, water-moderated research reactor supplied to Iran by GA Technologies of the United States goes critical, using 5.585kg of 93% enriched uranium supplied by the United Nuclear Corporation to the United States.

11 April 1974 US State Department says the United States considers co-operation with Iran in the field of nuclear energy as an alternative means for energy production to be a suitable area for joint collaboration and co-operation. The majority of reactors are to be built by the United States.

June 1974 The United States and Iran reach a provisional agreement for the United States to supply two nuclear power reactors and enriched uranium fuel.

October 1974 A State Department document says the United States and Iran are preparing to negotiate an agreement that would permit the sale of nuclear reactors as well as enriched fuel "at levels desired by the Shah." The United States also notifies the Shah of their support for Iran's proposal to buy up to 25% interest in a commercial uranium enrichment plant.

Oxford Research

Guess what? We're still here.

I know, I know...it's almost as crazy as arming Osama Bin Laden and his "radicals" or giving Saddam weapons and Tech...or suddenly and conveniently realizing Chinese goods are at times poor quality and potentially dangerous. I guess production standards just dropped in the last few months not something ongoing for years that made corporations rich if they ignored it.

It's amazing, they snap their fingers, tell people to ignore the past and hate whomever we (or ESPECIALLY Israel) hates at the moment and PRESTO! Rabid semi-conscious Americans in fear of their life and looking for blood.

Outrageously entertaining!

I wonder how this whole thing with turn out in the end?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

interesting,i never knew we gave iran so much.. but like all other times america arms and helps other's it always comes back to bite us in the...you know.

i wish we would just stay out of peopls countries and business and deal with our own problems... ever watch "wife swap"? them families are so screwed!..

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
All this war of words between Iran and the US, makes you loose perspective on something.

Israel will never allowed Iran to complete their nuclear program to the point that weapons can start coming out the production line. Im pretty sure that Israel has told this to the U.S. and anyone familiar with the Middle East should expect that.

I heard analyst saying that last week bombing run and special forces operation that Israel perform in Syria, might be also an excercise to test Syrian air defenses as they have the same that Iran has.

I truly believe that any attack done by Israel on Iran, at the end is going to result in the utilization of nuclear weapons, Israel does not have the strenght in numbers to fight all the Arabs nations that are going to unite in case Israel attacks Iran, with the life of their nation on the line, what are they going to do?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

I would think providing bombs and training in Iraq a good excuse to blast Iran, long, long, before this garbage.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

If you knew me at all you would know I think we would die also.And I won't deny it I thought it was awsome watching the airstrikes when it first happend.If that makes me evil so be it.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN
interesting,i never knew we gave iran so much.. but like all other times america arms and helps other's it always comes back to bite us in the...you know.

It wasn't simply out of the kindness of our American hearts. We had a specific cold-war reason and goal and it was to spite Russia for the most part.

Iran hasn't threatened America it's threatened to retaliate if attacked so we're actually biting THEM for achieving something we never really cared they had in the first place. This is because Israel feels threatened at the possibilities.

My point was that the current threat of Iran gaining nuclear energy/power is absurd considering that they actually need it, we recognized they needed it and they haven't declared any intentions to make nuclear arms.

Everything else we read about them of late for the most part is propaganda to incite us and them into a war because of Israel.

That's it in a nut shell.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Iran is basically stating that they will defend themselves. I'd expect no less. After all, they've seen what happened to their neighbor Iraq, and have no intention of letting the same fate befall themselves.

Just remember that they (the neocons) have to sell this war to the people first... that's us. Otherwise they'll get a nice big uprising, which will cause many deaths, which in turn will cause more to rise up against them...

Remember how everyone thought the US and Russia were gonna trade nukes? It didn't happen, and this "expected war" with Iran doesn't have to happen either.

Don't give in to the idea that this war is "inevitable". It isn't. And this whole "Biblical prophecy" crap about Armageddon is just a screenplay written by the forefathers of the globalists (admittedly my own speculation, but based on doing some research and putting together pieces of the puzzle). If people believe it's inevitable, that makes it closer to becoming a reality.

We can still make a difference. Just say NO to this bogus war on terror. The neocons/globalists are the real terrorists.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If they hit the American soil their country would be ultimately destroyed, surely they know that.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI

Iran has been relativly quiet compared to the bullying Bush.

EXCUSE ME? THE TALK OF WIPING ISRAEL OFF THE MAP ON DAILY BASIS ISN'T ENOUGH FOR YOU?

Go live in Iran and worship ALLAH, *SNIP*.

--------------------
removed personal attack

from the T&C's

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

[edit on 18/9/07 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Something tells me that if a war would brake out between the US and Iran, Irans missiles (offensive threats) would be the first thing to go. So how would Iran go about this 'plan' without there missiles?

Lasers could also become a possibility to counter such aggression from Iran. How will there missiles get by a defense mechanism, that moves at the speed of light? If anything, this will give the United states more of an incentive to pound the hell out of Iran.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by chickeneater

and if you believe everything that you see on fox then you really need to learn the moto of this website

deny ignorance.

go read the TRUTH of what he actually said - and Israel is not even mentioned.

Ram

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I have not much to say - I think most of questions are depleted into complete utterly insanity.

I mean no one in particularly - I mean - the human race - the human intelligence and love for it's self.

You know - each country on this planet has a name. Iran Denmark russia China Atralia Germany tjeckoslovakia hungary France Holland England Norway sweden finland India turkey - And Disneyland - To name a few

All that national pride!! (I did forget a few i think.)

Those are names - can we agree on that? - or is their somthing more to those names other than just being "names"?

Like appel orange carrot potato pies strawberries nuts - To name a few

like - rhino ape tiger Gorilla elephant cat dog sheep lion deer bird fish - To name a few

That is names - like stone water fire and dirt.

Now - Iran & USA...What is that?
Is it the names of two freinds sitting fishing at the lake? (proberly no)

What does each name means? - I think it means alot of people...
Like - And im not gonna name them!! I mean - That is alot of human beings - Iran is alot of humans - It's large landmass of people and culture... But who owns that land - who owns Iran?

And again - Who Owns America? And all it's people?

You all have an idea - What your country is.
Is it the TV that makes your country?
Is it the media that makes our world - because it makes our minds - And nothing more.

It's a show.
Iran threatens missile attacks on US targets
Its like toys... Like someone wrote earlier - Where are they gonna aim those missiles? How can you defeat an army like that? An army that owns the whole planet...

Well first - i would aim at it's strongest parts... But..
Don't US-army kinda own space? They have the eye in the skies...

Well - picking out targets...is very important i guess...

No namecalled country can be a threat to an army that can see the whole battlefield in infared and look through ground and buildings...
Unless ofcourse - it self is a space nation... With eyes in the skies.

What would be Iran's eye in the skies? I go for China and Russia on that one...In the game, of naming landmasses. I would presume China and Russia - and perhaps some other countries have eyes up there.

We mapped the world with satellite images and cordinates in 3D - GPS... Global position Satellites. OR offcourse the drones...The radar planes -

If Iran should be capable of hitting anything similar to an Aircraft carrier or some other point. They need an eye.

Do Iran have an eye in the skies like that? - I don't know - But maybe they have freinds...!!
It's basically about "killing the machines" that makes the army strong.
-
How do you defeat an army that cannot be defeated?
Unless you have the people running these machines - to - loosing their will to kill - then I think there is no other defeat.

The people of this world - simply watch to much media and propaganda without knowing it... So..

Ergo: It's the people who runs these machines of war - not actually the machines themselves.
National pride - and religious pride - does it's part in forfilling this show.
the leaders cannot do Anything unless their people are minded for war.

I dunno what else to say to this.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
For as long as I have been on this forum, rense and all, doing my own personal studies, these Iran threads are starting to get A LOT of my attention.

This is what I have learned so far that seemed the most interesting:

I (Aaron Russo) got a call one day from an attorney woman I knew and she said, ‘would you like to meet one of the Rockefellers?’ I said ‘Sure, I would love to.” And we became friends and he began to divulge a lot of things to me. So he said to me one night, “There’s going to be an event Arron, (9-11) and out of that event you’re going to see we’re going to go into Afghanistan, so we can run pipelines out of the Caspian.We’re going to go into Iraq to take the oil and establish a base in the middle east...

And he said you’re going to see guys going into caves looking for people that they’re never going to find (Osama Bin Laden). He was laughing about the fact that you have this war on terror – there’s no real enemy. He’s talking about how by having this war on terror you can never win it because it’s an eternal war and so you can always keep taking people’s liberties away. I said how are you going to convince people this war is real, and he said THE MEDIA.

The media can convince everybody its real. You keep talking about things, you keep saying things over and over and over again and eventually people believe it. You know you created the federal reserve in 1913 through lies, you create 9/11 which is another lie, through 9/11 you fight a war on terror and now all of a sudden you go into Iraq which was another lie, and now they’re going to do Iran. And it’s all one thing leading to another leading to another leading to another!

And I said, ‘Why are you doing this for, what’s the point of this thing? You have all the money in the world you ever want, you have all the power, you’re hurting people its not a good thing,’ and he would say ‘What do you care about the people for? Take care of yourself and take care of your family.’

And then I said to him, ‘What are the ultimate goals here?’ He said, ‘The ultimate goal is to get everybody in this world chipped with an RFID chip, and have all money be on those chips and everything on those chips. And if anybody wants to protest what we do or violate what we want, we just turn off their chip.

Hummmmmm....The beginning of the N.W.O.???

What puzzles me is that if a war goes on between USA and Iran, will China and Russia stay put ???

China is a big importer of Iranian Oil and the Russian company "Atomstroyexport" built the reactors and centrifuges in Iran for BIG $$$

I`ll get another Beer to calm down...................................

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
and if you believe everything that you see on fox then you really need to learn the moto of this website

and if you believe everything you see on CNN or MSNBC then you really need to expand your thoughts.

go read the TRUTH of what he actually said - and Israel is not even mentioned.

I have and he did.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
If the US think it's invincible then they really, really should start thinking again...

You give Iran way to much credit. If and when the U.S. decides to attack Iran, they will not even see us coming. Most of their systems will be destroyed before they even realize they are being attacked.

It's basically a case of USA = lots of manpower and firepower VS Iran = Incredibly clever and tactical.

clever and tactical?? Please!
I remember hearing the same garbage before the 1st time we attacked Iraq and Iraq supposedly had a better military than Iran.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I see it as the end of the Cold War. It never really ended, and now it's on the rise again. Russia basically said to the US " you no like Communism? FINE, we'll go democratic. But that doesn't mean were not your enemy now.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
regardless if we strike or not you tend to forget that the war will eventually be brought into our shores sooner or later.I don't mean a terrorist strike on a few targets for one day. All out chaos in the streets(urban warfare). It's innevitable. After all it is our own gov't who let in all of the crap that's in our country today.No matter what happens there will NEVER be religous harmony.Picture the middle age crusades with the capabilities of our time.We as humans are undeserving,greedy and selfish. We are a horrible species. Give us power and we abuse it and want more.We all come from different countries with different ideals and beliefs.That's why we were in seperate countries in the first place."knowledge and education has taught mankind little in the art of self control and even less in living with one another"(author unknown)

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm bored someone bomb someone already I need something good to watch on TV.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join