It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater divides California community

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Blackwater divides California community

www.youtube.com

Private security firm Blackwater has had its license revoked by the Iraqi government. But the company has also sitrred up debate in a remote corner of the United States.

Rob Reynolds travelled to a small town along the California-Mexico border where Blackwater's plans for a training facility are dividing the community.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
black water USA
Blackwater Security Firm now in NOLA
Blackwater USA Offers Private Armies For Hire
Blackwater security firm banned from Iraq

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I haven't seen any US news sources cover this yet. What could be the reason for that? Secrecy?

This group seems to be growing very quickly. The town people living near where Blackwater wants to build their training camps have a right to be concerned. The town is currently split, some wanting it to be there to boost their economy, and others don't for safety reasons, for recent concerns over Blackwater's actions in Iraq.

Personally, I wouldn't want to my family live near a mercenary training camp.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I don't want mercenaries in my state. Do you suppose there is a reason they chose to locate the facility near the border in California?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
we need reddick he will take care of the merc for us. i dont think that there are many states out there that dont have merc training camps. they are every where.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
From what I could garner from the video, it looks like an area with a lot of flat land, low population, and near the Mexican border.

Being on the border, they might also believe that they will get more goverment contracts to protect the US-Mexican border from illegal immigrants.

I don't want to know what happens to illegal immigrants who cross the border and enter Blackwater's training area.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by DJMessiah]

top topics

join