It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Does the War on Terror End??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Or is the War on Terror a perpetual war a war without end scenario.

Can we Win this war?

Should we surrender?...lol i know

Should we pursue peace?

Just how do you think this war will end, or will it ever end????

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
There is, really, only one way to answer this question:

"Terrorism is a tactic, you can't have a war on a tactic ..."

Your answer follows that statement.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
It's not supposed to end. The Bush Administration has hinted on that.

Bush Prepares the Generals for a Long War

Related Internet Links:
Long War (21st century)
Perpetual war

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I heard a news outlet the other day (msm) say that it would take ten years to pull out of Iraq.
I speculate we will be there for quite some time. Minding someone else's business.
I guess some think the WOT will be won when we catch Binnie, but the Bush regime does not want him to be caught.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Terrorism will end as a concern when a "Threat from beyond our world" arrives and we have to "Band together, for the survival of our species".

Reagan tried to jump the gun.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

This is going to be as effective as the war on drugs is. Just a perpetual war that will last for decades. Why not? bankers make tons of money during wars. In fact, every war since WWI has been tremendously profitable.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The war on terror never ends. As Angry Danish pointed out, terrorism is a tactic and as long as there is a tactic, there will be a "war" to try and eliminate it.

Basically this "war" will go on forever.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
The war on terror never ends. As Angry Danish pointed out, terrorism is a tactic and as long as there is a tactic, there will be a "war" to try and eliminate it.

Basically this "war" will go on forever.

Bush has been and shall ever be the American village idiot. The man has probably brought irreparable ruin to our once great nation. I hope the next president can salvage us, but it truly looks dire.

He has accomplished nothing positive for our nation in 8 years.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Unfortunately The US has made a lot of enemy's in the past 231 years of its existence. and we all know that history does repeat its self. knowing that I believe the only conclusion to the "WAR ON TERROR" would be in two instances . The only matter being which one will come first to stop the present war.

The first Matter being a world war 3. Many people say such a war isn't possible. but if you look at it and look at who will take the sides of the main countries it is very possible. lest say that the US goes into Iran, then North Korea will join them then the Chinese will join N. Korea.... that is how that looks .. we know who will be on our side the only question is where will Russia stand in all this. Will they go back to supporting N.Korea and the Chinese. or will they help overcome the communist states and help make the world more secure from Nuclear weapons by taking them away from neglectful governments. But in turn it would make there Government and country even more stronger. This is one way that the war on terror will stop but then it will open up a all new box of problems.

The second matter that would cause the war on terror to stop would be an world wide issue where we would all have to band together and fight a common enemy no matter our beliefs and hatred toward each other but the enemy would be so great it would challenge the survival of mankind. Some examples of such matter would be an Alien infiltration like the movie "Independence Day" or another would be an geological change in the earth like the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" which is very possible. Or even A world wide epidemic "Pague" That there is no such cure or so little it requires the cooperation of every government on earth.

I believe these are the only ways that the "War On Terror" would seem to seece in its entirety. But since History always has a way of repeating its self even if the war does stop in our life time there will be know way of knowing when terrorism will start up again in the future. there is no way in our power as of now to stop terrorism. The only other way I would know of would be to have a Utopian society where every country in the world becomes one, and where there is no crime and schemes because the Gov knows all, and keeps track of every one. And if you actually look at the whole picture it Kinda does look like what we will be heading to with the formation of Gov ID cards, The New World Order, etc. So as of now we will have to let it all play out and there isn't any thing we can do to stop it because it is made to not be stopped.

-Danman

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Some say that the war on terror is the beginning of WWIII we have invaded Afghanistan, and Iraq, but thats not enough for the nutjobs in power they want to attack Iran. They always wanted to attack Iran, Syria, [list any Arab country with oil reserves]this really helps Israel. Now France has elected a conservative president, now they are wanting to goto war with Iran.....

What happened to Waging peace?? I don't mean surrender. Other than Afghanistan these other wars seem to be about oil/religion.

After Hitler invaded Poland it was the third country they invaded and the rest of the world stood upto them. Its possible that if Iran is invaded China and Russia, and maybe Brazil
will stand up to us....

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Its all about conquering the parts of the world that the world bank does not currently control. It actually upsets me when I see what they are doing, especially every time I hear "War on Terror"

The war ended with me when I stopped fearing the tactics of George Bush and the eliteist.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
Its all about conquering the parts of the world that the world bank does not currently control. It actually upsets me when I see what they are doing, especially every time I hear "War on Terror"

The war ended with me when I stopped fearing the tactics of George Bush and the eliteist.

Excellent point

[sarcasm begins] We better watch out the Islamic world may start a war against shock and awe [sarcasm ends]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
It doesn't until some areas take on a nice green glow and a glassy exterior. 'Billion' dollar reinforced Baghdad complex. Newest news 'billion' dollar iraq/iran border reinforced complex. Bush/sprout, we are bringing troop levels down. Pellosi defiantly emphatically 'just to what they were'
All a big joke. Nobodies laughing.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Just to clarify---The US hasn't been in a war since WWII, they have all been "peace keeping" or "police" actions, or "support for our allies".

Gets around that pesky constitution.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Terror can end. but we must do the following.

1. dissolve the military.
2. destroy all weapons.
3. ask for forgiveness.
4. ask for peace.
5. become a society of progress.
6. Focus on growing, not war training.
7. Eliminate the need for oil.
8. universal healthcare.
9. Choose the right leader-Clinton in this case.

Only then, when you have no weapons to kill, will the terror end.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Terror can end. but we must do the following.
9 Choose the right leader-Clinton in this case.

Clinton and Bush are the same. Clinton will be no different, they are exactly the same. She use to be a Republican, Her doners and people that shrill her internet campaign are the brookings institute, Carnige something for peace. go look they got Murdock associates in there.

They are all globalist that want to conquer the oil also.

She use to be on the board of directors of wallmart for goodness sake.

Think about this some more, please I am begging you, dont fall for right left lie.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
When will injustice ends? When will you sleep with you house doors unlocked? When will you allow your daughter walk alone at night from her work?

When will you pick up any hitchhiker?

When will you loan money to strangers?

These anti-wars sentiment are beginning to show me some people don't deserve peace, ever. I can totally see them being happy with Hitler as their leader.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Do you know what the terrorist want? Can you even know what they want?
Really?

Islamic terrorist want entire world to be Muslim, are you ready?

No? Then be ready to fight.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

This one is a hard one to answer, but I will try.

The war on terror will end when the profiters of war finish bankrupting our nation.

Or . . . it will end when the war on drugs, war on poverty and war on hunger and all the previous war on ideologies are ended also.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
In 2012 when the Aliens invade, comet hits earth, asteroid hits earth, second coming, NWO takes over, When WW3 starts, end of the Meyan calender, life is found on mars, new avian flew kills us all, black hole swallows earth, the galaxies dark mater destroys our solar system, Bob Lazar gets laid, John Titor returns to save the planet but is to late and the wrong time line.

2012 is obviously then end of the war on terror.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join