It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valleyville... the town that doesn't exist?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
ever see the Prisoner?

reply to post by Layla

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by skeetersx200

Hi skeetersx200 welcome to ATS, hope you find enlightenment here. I aplogoize to the regulars here, as I haven't read past the first post. This town has been discussed before (trying to find thread now). When I went to the link you posted I knew I had seen it before....god if that sinkhole where true...must be some serious DUMB.

Link to previous thread:
Valleyville thread

Anyway cya skeeter

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I heard of the gorilla train 24 years ago. I live 10 miles from Evington, Va.
I have talked to several people who claim it's true.
I have pictures of a caboose in Evington, that is claimed to be from that train.
I don't know about Valleyview, but the gorilla train might be true.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I worked for the government facility that was in charge of keeping the accounting books for Valleyville. Once I told them I could no longer keep it a secret they fired me and removed me from all records of ever working for them. They said I would never be credible and no one would ever believe me. I tried to going to the news paper with the story but when they checked the facts the government had sufficiently covered their tracks and I was laughed out. My co-worker was able to convince the photographer to take the one picture...he was too scared to take another. The town is there and it is a dangerous place.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Even in google earth you can still zoom in (to a extent) to area 51.
What could be so special about this town?
It actually reminds me of that movie called "the village".

Edit: I think everything I just said was mentioned above, sorry.

[edit on 10/22/2008 by WishForWings]

[edit on 10/22/2008 by WishForWings]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by skeetersx200

Here's a google satellite map

I can't pinpoint the location...maybe someone can find it in this map?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is the map provided... drawn back then who knows when... Note Vesuvius, VA.

This is supposed to be the same area today... Note Vesuvius, VA.

Who knows what happened here. Seems like there were some changes?

[edit on 10-11-2008 by star in a jar]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

click my link in the post above yours

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The map is BS. Here is exactly where the map came from:
www.blueridgeparkway.org...

They photochopped the town names and route numbers to fit their purpose. The only name not transposed is "Crabt.. Falls" which is clearly visible on the undoctored map. I'm sure this is all just to throw everyone off the trail!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

If the town is there, AATS, where is your proof? You talk a good game with lots of creative stories (in most of the threads you reply to), but where is the cold, hard proof?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
this whole thing is a hoax

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
the wiki page is deleted, apparently.

But it could just be a police or military training town. A lot of bases have them nearby to provide more realistic training.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PPGrocks

There is no way to ask this without seeming rude, but i assure you that is not my intention.

What would compel you to resurrect a thread that died two years ago, just to post a 1 liner declaring it a hoax? Was that not already established before the thread died?

Is there a desire to tell someone they are wrong, even when it is obvious they are no longer here? Or some OCD skeptic type of behavior? I mean, it defies all logic. What made you do it?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
As fictional as it may have been, the OP's link was highly entertaining. The "Galax Gravity Hole" and the "NASA/USGS Rotational Tuning Facility #9" listed shortly beneath Valleyville are both excellent pieces of sci-fi hucksterism.

If this site and the things it describes were only genuine, this might be a world interesting enough to actually live in. Unfortunately...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'd like to know more about the Navy Seal that was hired by the TV station to go into "Valleyville". According to that website in the OP's post, he was never heard from again after he lost radio contact. Anyone know any more?

[edit on 4/17/2010 by mikelee]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Found this at All Experts (website) -

Valleyville, Virginia

Valleyville is a fictional town in Virginia. Valleyville is featured in author Kipp Teague's "Little-Known" Attractions of Lynchburg and Central Virginia website. It is one of dozens of odd but somehow plausible features presented by Teague. Other "attractions" are so plausible that there continue to be reports of people searching for the Lost Gorilla Train which purportedly derailed and released its passengers to the wilds "somewhere south of Lynchburg near Evington in the 1950s." The website is very popular with parody fans.

Allegedly secreted away in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley, the town of "Valleyville" is shrouded in mystery. One web site refers to Valleyville as "Central Virginia's own twist on the legendary 'Area 51,'" but the site also offers speculation that the town may in fact be "some form of international (or possibly internal) political detainment center." Whether or not Valleyville actually exists is a subject of debate, and indeed, the only evidence of the town would appear to be a fuzzy aerial photo and a confusing road map offered on the site.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Found this one at another website...

A top secret detention center for holding political prisoners and other undesirables who can't simply be executed. Has more than a few OmniSenters, a couple of ex-Defilers, some political prisoners left over from Archbishop Meres' reign, and a few dangerous criminals that can't be kept in a regular prison for a variety of reasons. All 'citizens' are tracked via locator cuffs -- bracelet-like devices that are worn at all times. The cuffs can also send a paralyzing shock into the wearer if need be. Situated in a part-natural, part-created valley south of Model Square, in a natural 'dead zone' when it comes to mana and a 'dark territory' when it comes to electromagnetic transmissions. Looks, to all outward appearances, like an ordinary town. Underneath the town, however, are cells, one for every citizen, in case the town needs to enter 'lockdown.'
Website here

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
And finally...Scroll to page 5 in the PDF doc.

Code named: Valleyville

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Read the rest of the web site in the OP. It's openly fictional. Convincing, and filled with some really creative and hilarious stuff, but fictional.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
The map is BS. Here is exactly where the map came from:
www.blueridgeparkway.org...

They photochopped the town names and route numbers to fit their purpose. The only name not transposed is "Crabt.. Falls" which is clearly visible on the undoctored map. I'm sure this is all just to throw everyone off the trail!

He's right. if you check google maps to the valleyville map.... it doesnt match up.

Vesuvius is nowhere near 250. It is close to I-81 but hwy 250 is way north, just north of 64. soooo none of this works out correctly

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join