It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Moment of Clarity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
A Moment of Clarity

I had a moment of clarity yesterday while at the funeral of a friend. Maybe people have these moments all the time, ive only ever had a few. This moment was a clear and precise truth, revealed to me as time seemed to stop for the briefest second.
My friend was about the same age as myself, she was also the mother of two beautiful children aged eleven and nine. As i sat in the chapel and watched her two children standing beside her coffin and lighting four candles, one at each corner, i was struck by a thought.

"Life is chaotic, life is a lottery. The grand plan seems to me to be no plan at all."

I was heartbroken at this moment, as i'm sure every other person at the service was. If it wasn't for the fact that i have children of my own to care for i would have gladly taken the place of my friend so that she could once again be with her children, the completely open and honest look of grief on their faces tore at my heart.

My friend was a beautiful person, she hardly drank, never smoked, she played sport and was a healthy energetic person. She cared for everyone she met, sometimes to her own detriment. Yet for the past two years she has suffered miserably at the hands of a debilitating disease. Her friends, her family and her children have lived with her through this torment. Never once in all that time did she complain out loud to any of us, only the past two weeks of her life when asked, "how are you going", would she simply say, "It's not fair".
And you know what, she was right.

Your probably thinking, well its nothing new, your not telling me something i didnt already know, millions of people deal with this pain every day. And your right too.
I'm in my forty's, this isnt the first funeral ive been too and sadly it probably wont be the last.
But it was the first time that, for me, it seemed as though my mind was totally clear and a truth was revealed. It may not be your truth, it may not even be a truth that you wish to see.
It was my moment of clarity, and it was my truth, i dont wish to preach to anyone, so take this as you wish, but it felt to me then, as it does now, that it was something that i needed to say, not only to my friends and family in the real world but also to my friends (and foes) here on ATS.

Touch someone you love, greet a complete stranger with a smile, stop and watch a breeze rustle through the leaves of a tree, chase a dream that you've put off for years.

Your time is now, it is not measured by seconds or minutes or hours or days, it is measured by your experience of life, by the lives you touch, by the fragrance of dew on the grass and the play of sunlight as it's refracted into your eye's.

I'm sorry if this message seems convoluted but it was difficult to put into words, what i saw in my minds eye cannot be easily interpreted into words, let me leave it at this.

I sincerely hope that for all my friends both here and in real life, and for complete strangers that may read these words, that you find something in my words that resonates for you. I wish for all of you a sunny spring day, a friendly greeting from a stranger, an unexpected gift and that days when you need to say goodbye to dear friends are few and far between.

Much love, mojo.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Mojo...I feel for you buddy...been there...
Truer words have never been spoken.
I'm a u2u away buddy....

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mojo4sale

Great words mojo. I know I'm guilty of taking life for granted and your words truely hit me.

If you ever need anything from me, don't hesitate to ask.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Thanks, mojo. It was something I needed to hear to help me move on.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thank you both, AD and ST.

I'm fine, it was just something that struck me deeply yesterday, and not an original thought, but it does get lost amidst the hustle and bustle of day to day life.

Touch someone you love.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Always try to buddy.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Peace on you Mojo. Moments of clarity are rare indeed. And yours was not only insightful but filled with the truth.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Doh, you replied as i did MM.

We do get lost in the heat of battle sometimes. I know how hard things are for you too MM and you have my love and support. Even if thats intangable, know that its there.

But perspective is a wondrous things sometimes ain't it.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Thanks mate.

And i would just like to thank everyone now who reply's or reads this thread. Your all in my heart, even if we disagree every time we post, even if my words mean nothing to you. I feel blessed that ive known a wonderful person who is no longer with me, i feel blessed that ive met all of you, even if only electronically.
Blessed in a non religious sense. Not blessed by God but blessed by Life.

This reply is to thank any and all further reply's as i dont want this thread to be seen as a points whoring concern.

Cheers mojo.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Great Post Mojo

Inspiring and emotional

Semper

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
A Moment of Clarity

Touch someone you love, greet a complete stranger with a smile, stop and watch a breeze rustle through the leaves of a tree, chase a dream that you've put off for years.

Your time is now, it is not measured by seconds or minutes or hours or days, it is measured by your experience of life, by the lives you touch, by the fragrance of dew on the grass and the play of sunlight as it's refracted into your eye's.

Wow! That sincerely touched me. Can I steal the above words?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by actonkid

Yes of course, if you use it online a link to the thread would be appreciated though. Other than that, help yourself, i'm glad you found something of benefit in my words.

Cheers mojo.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Truer words I have not heard.
And my condolences on the loss of your friend.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

No disrespect intended but you sure haven't explained your moment of clarity with very much clarity...

As far as I can tell, your friend died and you suddenly felt like loving everything and stopping to smell the roses, that sort of thing. It just sounds like you're grieving, maybe you should write some poetry.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by fweshcawfee

No disrespect intended but you sure haven't explained your moment of clarity with very much clarity...

As far as I can tell, your friend died and you suddenly felt like loving everything and stopping to smell the roses, that sort of thing. It just sounds like you're grieving, maybe you should write some poetry.

Dood.
Ever hear the saying "If you haven't anything good to say don't say anything at all"???
Shut the hell up she wasn't looking for a debate or attack.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

Try following your own advice genius, my comment was at least an actual comment... yours is only a personal attack, and has been reported.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fweshcawfee

Well i did say in the OP that i was finding it difficult to put into words. I also didnt think that everyone would "get" it. If you didnt thats fine.
There are some that have which has made sharing my thoughts worthwhile. Thanks for reading anyway.

Thanks for your 1st post as well WraothAscendant.

Peace mojo.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Thank you, Mojo, for sharing your clarity, a universal truth indeed!
Gives me new meaning to "The truth is out there"

My condolences to you.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Thank you Mojo...a peaceful healing to all...especially the children.

No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manner of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.

- John Donne

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

My heart goes out to you in this time of losing a friend.
Your post was crystal clear to me. Well done. We each have our own personal "truth" to find in this world. At that time everything in our lives makes a bit more since.

Peace to your and yours.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join