It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Website Threatens Teenaged Video Vigilante

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
If car manufactures started putting in camera systems into cars with a recording device using your basic memory cards then this would put the police on their toes not to act out and be more respectful of citizens rights.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Yadhel

Well if you actually CLICKED ON THE LINK the web site is given in the source story. What stops you from checking into it yourself?

Also if you bothered to actually rad this thread, you would see where I stated I have not checked the site itself but would do so later.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Busymind
Thankfully, I was aware of my rights, capable of speaking up for myself, and within shouting distance of my mom. When I told them I was 13 and shouted for my mom to get my birth certificate because some corrupt cops were telling me I was a prostitute, they drove away.
Sometimes I wonder if cops fear education more than guns.
(exiting soapbox)

Unfortunately it is true that there are corrupt cops, and i wouldn't deny that there are cops doing what happened to you, but not all cops are like that.

Back when my girlfriend and i were living in Florida a couple years back she once was stopped at night as she was returning from work by a cop because she was speeding, she used to be a car racer and racing was in her blood even when she tried to control it.
Anyways, her racing was no excuse for this cop manhandling her and he even tried to get her to a dark corner, but she was able to leave. When she came home and i saw her crying I asked what happened, she told me what happened but she wouldn't tell me the name or badge number of the cop, even though we have friends and relatives who are cops and would have backed her up and made sure the corrupt cop was given what he had coming, but she never changed her mind, she just wanted to leave it behind.

We both not only had friends and relatives who are cops, but we both were applying to be police officers, and were well in our way in our interviews, we were more than a year into the interview process, but it was taking too long and we both needed to get jobs so we got other jobs.

Anyways, the main point is that yes there are corrupt cops, but this does not mean all cops are bad.

However i do have to be skeptic about "police officers stating online to harrass and even kill a civilian".... I doubt that very much, and would need some real evidence to dispel my doubts. Police officers posting online threats and even talking about killing a civilian would very soon open up investigations as to who these officers are and they would be dealt with.

Since moving in to the Northwest i have seen in the street a couple people with signs claiming the police mistreated them, but we have never had any problems with the police here, and i know already some of the police officers in my town, and they are great people.

Don't judge all police officers for what some bad apples do.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen

Well if you actually CLICKED ON THE LINK the web site is given in the source story. What stops you from checking into it yourself?

Also if you bothered to actually rad this thread, you would see where I stated I have not checked the site itself but would do so later.

I did, and I don't see anything other than the claims from Alex Jones.

You might want to believe Alex Jones all you want but i don't simply because i am aware of his publicity stunts.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I'm going to take a camera with me out all the time, luckily most mobile phones have cameras, so use them when needed! These phones usually have mic recording too.
This is not only for police wrongs, but for many things that you might see outside that a camera would help out with.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Yadhel

Well if you didn't see, you clearly didn't look.

The Alex Jones article directs us to 2 different locations. The AR15 forums which you can feel free to search through. Also it refers to the St Louis CopTalk forum which you can feel free to search through as well.

Of course the story is also found HERE so is there any more research I can do for you?

It might be a good idea to do your own research before discrediting a news story. Weather you believe in Alex Jones or not, I don't recall anytime when he "made up" a news story.

[edit on 18/9/2007 by section8citizen]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yadhel
In my book infowars makes up a lot of claims. Show us this website where it is clearly shown police officers were saying what you claim. Posting from infowars, or similar websites won't corroborate the claims of "infowars".

The infowars site links to the original site (the same one that hosted the original news items) and also links to the forums where the alleged threats were made aswell as having an image record of one of the posts.

I too dislike infowars as a website, because the host is a complete loser imo.

[edit on 18/9/2007 by badw0lf]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yadhel
I did, and I don't see anything other than the claims from Alex Jones.

It's linked directly above the Date on the infowars article ???????

Here

[edit on 18/9/2007 by badw0lf]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

I know 2 people who have been accepted to the St Louis police academy one guy is great he's a good person, the other is very ethically challenged, he is a compulsive lier and just no one likes him. I bet he will have problems in finding a partner, and I bet we will see him tasering a 90 year old woman someday.

I may get into trouble for this but in my experience it is mainly people who want an enflamed feeling of their own importance, drive fast cars and shoot guns that join the Police. Nobody joins the Police to protect and serve.

Now to temper my argument (slightly), I will say that it is a thankless task being a cop and all of those people who went into it hoping for glory soon find out that it it is a pretty hard and cr@ppy job that nobody thanks you for. Unfortunately the glimmer is always there behind the eyes, just waiting to come out...

A comedian once said (I forget who) that the best way to make sure people really wanted to join the police for the right reasosn was to make them dress up as Ballerinas in tutus and tights. If they really wanted to protect and serve, they would put up with the image issues

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
An old friend of mine was hassled for years by a CID officer for no other reason than giving him some lip while he was off duty in a pub. The "detective" made it a crusade to have him put away, to the extent he even had out apartment raided at 4AM one day on the word of an "informant" alleging burglary. Several hours later and an interview later he was released without charge but he hassles didn't stop there until the officer was finally "retired" early.
I used to work closely with a lot of the local police and knew them well. Sure, there were idiots but they were mostly decent folks and could be relied upon to help out. Unfortunately those days are long gone (most left the force in disgust, even the longer serving ones) and their replacements leave a lot to be desired, expecting respect for the uniform, not the wearer and demanding obedience.

From personal experience I am now wary and distrustful of the police.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
It seems to me, the police would be 'absolute morons' if they tried to carry out any of their threats made on their website.

Despite being under obvious scrutiny by everyone, anything involving the police and this teen, would be considered at the very least 'harassment'.

The website is probably a 'medium' for the officers to vent their frustrations on different matters, unfortunately... it displays their idiocy as well.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
It is important to keep in mind, these threats were posted 3 months PRIOR to that last video being made.

It would be foolish now with all the media attention he has gotten. 3 months ago however, they were VERY credible threats.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I am very familiar w/ the St. Louis area police officers. Back in 1999, me & some friends went there (live about 100 miles East of St. Louis) for a "rave" in North County. Anyone familiar w/ this area knows how bad the crime is in North County. Anyway, we got there a few hours early, so we went over to the White Castle to grab a few sliders. Keep this in mind...we were NOT dressed all weird or anything, unless you consider one of the girls was wearing an Adidas visor (forward, correctly placed on head...not crooked or backwards). Before we even got into the restaurant, we were confronted by St. Louis County police who started harassing us...asking us what we were doing there (we replied that we were hungry, and goin to get a few burgers...duh). Out of nowhere, one cop grabbed my friend by the back of the neck & slammed him onto the hood of our car and proceeded to smash his head into the hood. The other cop then put his hand on his gun & told us to stay where we were while they searched us...which they did & found absolutely nothing (3 of the 4 of us were actually Straight Edge's...that means no drugs/alcohol/anything..the 4th smoked cigarettes..that's it). The guy that got his head smashed had a pretty nice busted lip, cut over his eye, and found out the next day that his nose was broken. I'm not saying the cops had no right at all to question us...if they wouldve gone about it the PROPER way, no one wouldve been hurt & there would have been NO problems. I realize that North County is very crime-ridden, but jumping the gun on 4 kids goin into a White Castle is NOT the way to handle business.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I live in Missouri and I can tell you that the attitude of the cops out here seems to be state-wide. I've lived in several states and the cops in this state go on fishing expeditions all the time and will lie in court like it's nothing. Swearing to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth really means nothing to them.

I'm 51, a very safe, sober driver, moved here when I was 40. Until I moved here I'd only been pulled over by cops twice in my life. Since living here I've lost count of exactly how many times I've been pulled over by cops but it's more than a dozen -- usually for very, very trivial stuff. Three weeks ago I was pulled over because one headlight wasn't quite as bright as the other one.

It's really ridiculous out here. These cops seem to hate people in general and have nearly homocidal rage toward anyone who tries to make them accountable.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
waiting on posts defending cop behavior... have my #boots on...

this is truly a foot in the mouth moment for all those posting in the previous thread mentioning "baiting."

agreed, signed, sealed, delivered.

awesome find. a preconcieved intent to harass. i had always imagined things like this existed, but this proof is nice to have.

If i were Mr. Darrow i would certainly flee the bible belt. some things are worth fighting for, this isnt worth being harassed over on the level he will have to take it.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
If police corruption isn't cleaned up soon, cops are going to start getting hurt. The American people won't stand for this crap much longer.

I'm glad this is all coming out now. Perhaps it will lead towards the whole (police) system getting revamped.

Funny thing my dad told me the other day... someone put up a billboard near the area where this kid was harassed. The billboard says, "who's going to police the police?"

I live in St. Louis btw and often drive through the area where this happened. In fact I once had to pay $300 because I avoided an accident. The cop gave me a ticket for "unsafe lane change" and the judge still made me pay. It's a good thing I have control over my emotions... that's all I have to say.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
ironically, this is in the state of Misery. Oops, I meant Missouri.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
any evidence that these forum posts cited are actually from serving LEOs ?? any at all ?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
It seems to me, the police would be 'absolute morons' if they tried to carry out any of their threats made on their website.

I know I'll get flamed for this, but cops aren't the smartest people in the world to begin with. What's the qualifications for being a cop? A GED?

Only an absolute moron would post something like that to begin with. Especially when we all know Big Brother can find out when, where, how we all post.

BTW, they actually did carry out the "stop this kid anywhere and at all times" post. That's how he got them on video.

[edit on 9/18/2007 by Griff]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

what are you suggesting?

that this is fabricated?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join