It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Website Threatens Teenaged Video Vigilante

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Police Website Threatens Teenaged Video Vigilante

infowars.net

When stopped by an out-of-control St. George, Missouri police officer last Friday, motorist Brett Darrow feared for his life. It turns out, he had legitimate reason for concern. Three months ago, participants in an online forum frequented by Saint Louis law enforcement personnel threatened to harass -- and even physically harm -- Darrow.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Police caught on tape threatening to destroy and invent evidence

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This story is getting better and better. For everyone who defended these cops by saying "He was looking for trouble by having a camera" this should help put it all in perspective for you. According to this article, 3 MONTHS PRIOR to the video we all saw police are posting on a cop website that they should harass, beat, and even one suggest killing the kid. How anyone can defend these cops is beyond me.

The article also makes mention that the "investigation" of all officers at these roadblocks has yet to happen, and then my personal favorites....... the police video from the cruiser is "missing" and the Chief himself is under investigation for making unwanted sexual advances to a teenage girl while on duty and under the guise of enforcing laws. This story is just getting better and better and is a prime example of the problems with our police forces.

The videotape from Kuehnlein's police cruiser is currently missing and the sergeant is currently on unpaid leave. St. George Police Chief Scott Uhrig is also being investigated by city officials who say he may have failed to inform them that the State of Missouri Administrative Hearing Commission concluded that, "Uhrig's unwelcome sexual advances to a teenager, while on duty and under the guise of enforcing the laws, indicate an especially egregious mental state, show that he cannot enforce the law, and are cause for discipline."

DISCLAIMER: Again, NOT ALL COPS ARE BAD. However there are too many who are and in a position of power which they should NEVER have.

infowars.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This is pretty disgusting. I cant believe how bad it really is...

That is a great story tho... If you wish to tell the St. Louis county prosecutors how you feel, you can email them here; www.co.st-louis.mo.us...

[edit on 9/17/2007 by sp00n1]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
These charges should definitely be investigated since someone is making threats on another person's life in an online forum. Those people may or may not be real police officers though. Keep in mind that many people register on ATS and claim to be all types of things but that doesn't make it true. Either way though someone should be arrested for the posts.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen

... the police video from the cruiser is "missing" and the Chief himself is under investigation for making unwanted sexual advances to a teenage girl while on duty...

Dude! You're ON this story. Kudos, a star and a flag!

But the story doesn't specify the gender of the teenager!

...Uhrig's unwelcome sexual advances to a teenager, while on duty...

Sounds like the St. Louis PD's got some serious issues to deal with!

If I were Brett Darrow, I'd be thinking about maybe moving somewhere else until this blows over and the PD gets straightened out.

Dang!

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
There are a lot of people that have been victimized by police unfortunately. If they speak out about it they face extreme retaliation. And the crooks are never caught, of course...

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
waiting on posts defending cop behavior... have my #boots on...

this is truly a foot in the mouth moment for all those posting in the previous thread mentioning "baiting."

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Why would police want to pick on one individual? This sounds a bit far fetched. Unless there are connections through family or friends that bring up disputes. It could be a revenge thing. Police are not suppose to act in this manner.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

it may sound far fetched, but check the link for actual quotes from the forum the cops were talking about him in:

in reply to "Who is this terd?"
I hope this little POS punk bastard tries his little video stunt with me when I pull him over alone- and I WILL pull him over - because I will see "his gun" and place a hunk of hot lead right where it belongs.

"I'm going to his house to check for parking violations."

CopTalk now bans discussion of Darrow's videos. A message dated September 10 reads: "We are already very much aware of Mr. Darrow and his antics. There is no need to post any of his award-winning videography here."

"Take the kid to jail... today... tommorrow... the next day... everytime you see him out and he commits a traffic violation... tow his car and take him to jail... period. No arguing, no yelling.....nothing but the sound of cash leaving his wallet from impound fees and fines."

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
and people wonder why groups like N.W.A. and Ice T. make songs like cop killer and F-tha police...

i never liked them... and probably never will... but thats my right as a human to like who i wish.

funny thing is... everything that cop threat'n to that kid.... is happening to him.... thats IRONIC!

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

scientist

Wow. That is very disturbing. So they goto forums and plot the destruction of citizens lives instead of protecting and serving the public. The badge must give them a sense of being above the law.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hmmm, I guess "To Protect and Serve" only applies when you bend over and let the cops shove their nightstick up your arse. I have a feeling that not much media attention will be focused on this, and that the kid will end up in trouble again for some BS reason. Yeesh.

-Droops

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

These charges should definitely be investigated since someone is making threats on another person's life in an online forum. Those people may or may not be real police officers though.

I agree there should be an investigation but I sure would not hold my breath waiting for one. They have yet to start an investigation on the roadblocks that helped bring this whole issue to light. That alone tells me, the boys in blue will cover up and protect their own. They have no time or need for a thing called Justice.

Sounds like the St. Louis PD's got some serious issues to deal with!

If I were Brett Darrow, I'd be thinking about maybe moving somewhere else until this blows over and the PD gets straightened out.

Well the original story come out of a St. Louis suburb and not St. Louis. However some of the messed up remarks on that website are from people who claimed to be St. Louis PD. I have not checked out the site yet, but I will do it later tonight just to see what the chances are that the remarks did indeed come from a police officer. I would not be shocked to find that it did. Just like ATS brings together conspiracy minded people and truth seekers, I am sure that police have sites or message boards they like to use. I even go to a board that is nothing but guys who play Madden on the Playstation. So I am sure it is very possible. I agree about the kid putting some serious thought into moving. However I can also see why he shouldn't and if I were in his shoes I might stay to just to keep fighting and trying to expose these officers. I think it would be safe to say if he were to leave, this whole thing would be swept under the rug and then it becomes consent by silence.

Why would police want to pick on one individual? This sounds a bit far fetched. Unless there are connections through family or friends that bring up disputes. It could be a revenge thing. Police are not suppose to act in this manner.

Check the related threads and I think it is discussed in the source article. This kids troubles started when he was assaulted by a drunk off duty officer. He was arrested later and eventually paid off by the city of St Louis to leave it alone. Then he video taped a road block, nicely told the cop he did not wish to discuss his personal life with the officer. He was taken out of his car, detained and questioned as well as threatened. Then we saw the last video where the kid didn't do anything. From what I have been able to figure out I think the first incident was really just a case of wrong place, wrong time. The second incident I think he had been through the road blocks before and knew exactly what to expect. I think HE KNEW if he refused to satisfy the cops curiosity he would be questioned. The third case is the most interesting to me. It seems to me at this point this kid is a target, the cops know his car. The area he was in was a small town in the burbs. I am sure the cop knew who he was and was just looking for a reason to stick it to him. Of course my opinion is total speculation and should not be confused for fact, but the more I look into it that is just the way it strikes me.

I can this- I have spent most of my life moving around and the cops are different every where. I have been pulled over by some who have been unbelievably helpful. I have dealt with some really bad cops. The Mid West almost has it's own laws. It is really kind of strange and also just happens to be where I had most of my legal issues.

I think part of the reason why cops get such a bad reputation is because they want to police themselves. Not all cops are bad, but police corruption and brutality is nothing new and very well documented. By allowing police to police themselves, you create the whole atmosphere where you will look out for your own. There just has to be another way.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrOOpieS
Hmmm, I guess "To Protect and Serve" only applies when you bend over and let the cops shove their nightstick up your arse. I have a feeling that not much media attention will be focused on this, and that the kid will end up in trouble again for some BS reason. Yeesh.

-Droops

umm this has been an ongoing story. This story has gotten A LOT of attention including the mainstream media. Check some of the related threads that I linked to in the original post.

"nightstick in the a**" Hey that has already been done also. The Abner Louima case is one story I have never forgotten since the day I first heard it cause it was just so unbelievable. If anyone ever doubts the brutality of a Police Officer needs to read this case. What they did to this guy will leave you speechless at first, until the anger sets in. Warning: It is a VERY DISTURBING story of police brutality.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
this is just from a video of a middle class white kid, with a video camera and a car.

it shows the tip of a pimple on a pigs ass, compared to what happens in low class neighborhoods to people without cameras or etc.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Now it all makes sense, I kept wondering why he had the camera in his car... you know he may be a target too because he filed that lawsuit against the city, which he does say to the officer in the video.

I think he has enough proof to actually put the officers out of a job and hopefully some of them in jail. The camera in his car was clever, I gotta hand it too him on that one!

Keep us all posted on this situation section8, glad your on top of this, hopefully the end of the story will have a great outcome for the kid!

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Question: Why is it, common passenger vehicles don't come equipped with a data recording device, not unlike the "black box" used on airliners and other forms of transportation.

Answer: The costs of the technology required?

I don't think that's a valid argument anymore against developing something like this on a mass scale.

With that in mind, for anyone who has the means and ways to cultivate it, here's a FREE high tech idea:

Develop a bundled audio/video/secured uplink package like this kid was using.

Make it small enough to mount easily on the dash or headliner of a vehicle.

Perhaps even incorporate one of those 360 degree panoramic cameras that stream the data live to a remote location where software does all the image processing and de-warping of the image.

It could even incorporate stealth technology, i.e.: disguise it as an air freshener or a dome light or something.

Keep the price low so the average joe could could afford it.

I'll bet the insurance companies would come on board and offer reduced rates too, since data of this type would help record and prosecute accidents and car theft and such.

Coupled with monitoring software, it could even protect against the accidental deaths of infants inadvertently left behind on hot days by distracted parents.

It would be like your own, personal, anti-abuse, protective, vehicular "black box."

The person who can successfully develop and market this concept would make a mint!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I believe we need civilian oversight of the police.

We are or are becoming a police state, its sad but true.

I know 2 people who have been accepted to the St Louis police academy one guy is great he's a good person, the other is very ethically challenged, he is a compulsive lier and just no one likes him. I bet he will have problems in finding a partner, and I bet we will see him tasering a 90 year old woman someday.

Cops should NOT be able to turn of the videos mounted on there cars.

The cops on this website should be identified and disciplinary action should take place.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Just and FYI, you're talking about St. Louis county police, not St. Louis City police. The city has a different kind of corruption. Trust me, I live there. In the city, the cops just don't respond to dangerous neighborhoods. They actively patrol the nice neighborhoods. The city is surrounded on 3 sides by St. Louis County, a compilation of small towns all next to each other. Each town has the option of having their own police officers or using the county police. Some of the towns hire a handful of police officers, usually people related to politicians. Some of these cops are incredibly corrupt. Vendettas are common. Brutality of specific individuals is common. Be careful who you offend in high school, or be careful where you drive for the next decade. Towns like St. George, Marlborough, and Jennings keep lists of vehicle descriptions and names of people to get even with. It's not about law enforcement for these towns, it's about power. And it's sick.

And I'm personally familiar with sexual advances in the guise of law enforcement. A 13 year old girl (or any citizen for that matter) should be accused of prostitution and ordered to get in the car and service them, or be arrested. Thankfully, I was aware of my rights, capable of speaking up for myself, and within shouting distance of my mom. When I told them I was 13 and shouted for my mom to get my birth certificate because some corrupt cops were telling me I was a prostitute, they drove away.
Sometimes I wonder if cops fear education more than guns.
(exiting soapbox)

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen
This story is getting better and better. For everyone who defended these cops by saying "He was looking for trouble by having a camera" this should help put it all in perspective for you. According to this article, 3 MONTHS PRIOR to the video we all saw police are posting on a cop website that they should harass, beat, and even one suggest killing the kid. How anyone can defend these cops is beyond me.

In my book infowars makes up a lot of claims. Show us this website where it is clearly shown police officers were saying what you claim. Posting from infowars, or similar websites won't corroborate the claims of "infowars".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join