It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Senator Ernie Chambers Sues God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

State Senator Ernie Chambers Sues God

www.ketv.com

State Senator Ernie Chambers is suing God. He says it to prove a point about frivolous lawsuits.

Chambers says senators periodically have offered bills prohibiting the filing of certain types of suits. He says his main objection is the constitution requires that the doors to the courthouse be open to all. Chambers said, "Thus anybody can file a lawsuit against anybody - even God."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com
www.wowt.com

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Maybe this guy will prove his point, but isnt this just a big waste of everyones time and tax dollars at work?

Suing God? I mean come on, we can t even find Bin Laden and now this guy is suing God. What has this country come to?

www.ketv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It would be ironic if God showed up.

1) Where is the good senator going to serve God's notice?
2) Who would be the counsel for God?
3) Who would be the judge?
4) Who would want to sit on that jury?
5) And if, by some "divine intervention", the senator actually won, how would he collect?

1) Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest? (Puts a damper on the first question)

2) The Lord bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought: he maketh the devices of the people of none effect. The counsel of the Lord stands forever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations. (Takes care of question #2)

3) Shall not the judge of all the earth do right? And: For the Lord shall judge his people. (Guess God would pretty much have to be the judge. Should save some appeals, though.)

4) As for the jury: Gird up thy loins now like a man: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me. Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous? (Well, shut my mouth!)

5) Who hath prevented me, that I should repay him? Whatsoever is under the whole heaven is mine. (Frivolous lawsuit, indeed)

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Thy Pockets Runneth Over

Hopefully he can convert this to a class-action suit so everybody on earth can get rich.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

indeed.
also, i think this should extend to a retroactive UN war crimes tribunal for the horrible atrocities god has admitted to committing and commanded over the millennia, according to the bible.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Always nice to see yet another freakin' moron that's a part of our government. I swear, if I see one single politician that actually makes any sense I'll have a heart attack. This man....er....idiot....should be ashamed of himself wasting the courts time and the citizens tax dollars that way.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

AHAHAHAHAHA! It's refreshing to see that, with as much muck as you wade through on a daily basis keeping us all civilized on the threads, you mods manage to keep your sense of humor. Good one, Majic. Of course, when someone threatens to sue God what else can you do but laugh?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
If anybody deserves to be sued, it would be an omnipotent deity who apparently enjoys watching the suffereing of his creations.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 420prajna

A lot of us create our own suffering. Also, without a little dark, you can't appreciate the light. Without a little suffering you can't develop character and become strong.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by closettrekkie

you don't really need tsunamis to appreciate the good things in life.

anyway, under international law, god should be hanged... or executed in whatever way a deity would be... for the slaughter at middia and the destruction of sodom and gomorrah.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Hmm. If this guy is out to prove a point, I am cool with that. But if you see any ominous looking thunderclouds overhead a rally for this guy, I would probably move about 10-15 paces away from Senator Chambers and remove any metal objects from your body.

Originally posted by whitewave

That would be hilarious. Who's the judge now?...

Originally posted by Majic
Hopefully he can convert this to a class-action suit so everybody on earth can get rich.

That would be perfect. Then everyone would actaully love God. Maybe for the wrong reasons, but at least its a start.

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
anyway, under international law, god should be hanged... or executed in whatever way a deity would be... for the slaughter at middia and the destruction of sodom and gomorrah

I'm pretty sure, but I dont think that dieties can be executed. They are the ones doing the executing. And really, didnt the people of Sodom and Gomorrah have it coming to them anyway?

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
you don't really need tsunamis to appreciate the good things in life.

Absolutely right madness. Absolutely.

While it is good to prove a point once in a while, this guy is going about it in the completely wrong way.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave

you know whats great...

'God' Did show up... At least in miraculous Forum at the Omaha County Court Clerks Office.

follow link for the funniest article ever

Link

just a snippet too.

LINCOLN, Nebraska (AP) -- A legislator who filed a lawsuit against God has gotten something he might not have expected: a response.
One of two court filings from "God" came Wednesday under otherworldly circumstances, according to John Friend, clerk of the Douglas County District Court in Omaha.

"This one miraculously appeared on the counter. It just all of a sudden was here -- poof!" Friend said.

State Sen. Ernie Chambers of Omaha sued God last week, seeking a permanent injunction against the Almighty for making terroristic threats, inspiring fear and causing "widespread death, destruction and terrorization of millions upon millions of the Earth's inhabitants."

enjoy

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
While this sounds a little TOO convenient, I think that it is absolutely hilarious.

Now when this guy actually filed his suit, he probably thought...Yeah, like God will be able to do anything to me....And what happens next? God responds to him and drops some paperwork on him to fill out. Serves him right for challenging and omnipotent creator-of-all through litigation.

The law knows no bounds, as directly evidenced from this story

new topics

top topics

join