It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 7 Gates of Hell - York, PA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by alexbassguy

i live in york pa and i've heard of this myth. my cousin tried it and my friend and i are going to try it soon. its very popular.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

A lot of kids in my class was getting curious about this place and a classmate of mine actually went there but didn't get hurt or anything. I heard the same story about two times and it still creeped me out.
Here out it goes...

There was this boy who's the age of twenty two and his name is Matthew and 'apparently' isn't afraid of anything. His girlfriend is either eigtheen or nineteen but the name is unknown. They were walking at the Seven Gates of Hell at night. The girl started crying because she was scared and called someone. She happed to call the priest that's working for my school. She told him about this place and (I don't remember what happened next) they got out of there. When they went back to one of their house's, they felt a weird presence in the room that they are at. The girl got the Bible out and read it (Note: Both of them aren't Catholic or Christians) and once she opened the book, her boyfriend started puking. When she closed the Bible, he immediately stopped but has 'dry heaving' or something. (I'm not sure if this happens next, but I'm just telling what I remember) The next day, the boy Matthew, was getting something for his dog in the basement. When he opened the door, it wouldn't let him so he stayed there for the rest of the night. While he was down there, he keeps hearing this weird things like people screaming and talking. The next morning, his mother found him curled up into a ball. His mother sent him to a 'witch doctor' or a Phsyciatrist and he found that Matthew has scratches on all over of his body. The Phsyciatrist began to get scared and didn't know what to do so he suggested to Matthew that he should call a Priest. He did, and he happened to call my school's priest, Father Rotahn. (I'm pretty sure that's how you spell his name) When Matthew met the Priest, he showed him all of his scratches and he became scared too as he saw the boy's scars shaped almost like stars and other crossings. One day, Father Rotahn gave Matthew an exorcism. He wasn't possessed, but I forgot the word. Nothing happened to Matthew or his girlfriend since. That was the last Father Rotahn had seen them.

So what do you think? Pretty scary, huh? This is not fake this is real, hearing it from a real witness. I'm always curious about this stuff and this Seven Gates of Hell sounds really scary.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Ok, I currently live just north of Lancaster. I'm 32 and about ten years ago I and a few of my friends used to travel to a place where the seven gates supposedly stood. This area was known as the Condors. I could be talking about a completely different area, but the way we got to it was we crossed the bridge from columbia to Wrightsville, went up the road where route 30 has an exit and went back through that way. I'm still unsure as to the exact directions since it has been years since I've been up there, however I do remember driving down a nearly straight road, it went into a turn and you went passed an old furnace that supposedly the native americans made bread in or whatever. Once passed the furnace the paved road turns into a gravel road..... Much like what was described in an earlier post. If it is in fact the same area, groovy. The stories I heard about that place were many, but the one about an asylum being back there at one time is new to me. However I did hear that the seven gates were there and made out of iron and errected in the 1700's or earlier. Somehow they don't rust and as you pass through each one, you supposedly experiance one of the deadly sins. A friend told me that he himself was there and seen them and that one of HIS friends ran through the 5th or 6th one and is now completely insane.... Like speaking gibberish and drooling on himself seeing cartoon characters without a tv insane.... And also if this is the same area, then I personally have some crazy stories about my own experiances up in that area. A few friends of mine are currently planning a trip up there and I'm hoping I don't regret it especially since I vowed I was never going back up there. As far as my own experiances, well, lots of feelings of being watched, lots of feelings of negative energy..... Myself and some friends were sitting at the furnace just bsing and a car flew past us.... We pulled out ten minutes later and started up the road. We passed through the clearing and ahead of us was that same car, turned side ways in the middle of the road, completely on fire. No physical damage.... And there was one guy circling the car saying that his buddy was in the back seat and the driver took off into the woods. There are others, but if you all know the area, and it happens to be the same area, then I feel compelled to warn you all that the place I'm talking about is tainted. I was told it was once a native American burial ground and that satanists performed their rituals up there for countless years..... So if I'm talking about the same place, by all means, be careful.

Later Ya'll.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
i wanna go....id love to check this out...ive been searchin to experience something paranormal....i havent yet....lol......

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Ok so I was just there tonight, me and 3 friends, we came across, 5 other people who were goin in. Ok ive experienced paranormal things before, but by far, this was the creepiest thing ever. Now yeah there might not have ever been an asylum, but something big happened back there. As we went further back on the path my friends started freaking out, crying screaming we have to get outa here etc. etc. I got scared, we all heard stuff, saw stuff. It's definitly really hard to know for sure exactly what really happened, but i know, we couldnt even find the 5th gate, it got to late and too dark, not to mention there were other paths that led off the main path. But when on the main path you could definitly feel something, a sense that something happened, plus we drove around the roads a while just gettin a feel for the place, the whole time we saw tons of animals birds, deer, etc. But on the path after the gate, we didnt even hear a single bird, or a single noise, that wasn't supernatural or made by one of us. But when we got lost and got off the path, we started goin through "unknown" territory, we heard a bunch of geese fly by, however couldn't see them. But on the path there was no life except our own, that much I know. And the people who live there know its scary and strange, we talked to tons of people out there about 30, they have all been there and only one said that they didnt think anything was weird or had a bad feeling about it.
if you have any questions feel free to email [email protected]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

From what I heard they knocked down the buildinq and 6 of the 7 gates.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
my friend gabby recently just told me
about this so called "7 gates of hell".

She told me that a couple of her friends
went up there and only got as far as the
5th gate.

I dont know how this can be true because
they tore down 6 of the 7 gates back in '05.

But I would like to go up there one day and
see what is left of the area.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
How about someone brings along a video camera?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I have been there and at the first gate i heard noises and that was it i was scared but i continued, as soon as i got through what i thought was the second gate i knew something was wrong. i was seeing things and i had this feeling that is hard to explain, i saw myself walking but they didnt feel like my footsteps, i felt like one of them. at that point i turned and ran for my life. ive never been the same.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I live near york and i have been to the seven gates of hell It does exist and I will NEVER go back.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I KNEW IT, i knew it....im from lancaster, PA and i alwaysa said if the entrance to hell was anywhere it was in pennsylvania...Some of the weirdest people i've ever met are from PA

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

So here's how it is: I live in York and have been to the forest, though only once. There is interesting evidence with this area, and I feel enslaved to go back there (as a HUGE believer in the supernatural) to settle a few things.

The myth explains that there was once an asylum circa the post civil war era, that had a few escapees. These unlucky, and probably very crazy people were unsuccessful and were stopped short of their goal. Roughly two weeks later a fire caught the building and those trapped obviously died within the building. Those who escaped afterward suffered an almost tragic game of hide and seek, finding that they were further enclosed by the residing 7 GATES.

Local authorities were told to have their plight and fancy with a near literal, search-and-destroy throughout this forest. The rest of the story claims that there were no remaining inmates after this effort, being shot and killed on sight, condemned to see the forest that surrounded the asylum as their ill-fortuned grave.

Now this is what you haven't heard from anyone else, and this is my metaphysical on the area. York around this time was, yes, booming with (fyi notable most for being the city in which the declaration of independence was signed, before being moved to good ol' Philly) growth. Anyway, in spite of that, I can see that the location of this asylum was MI-ILES away from the city limits during those days. When the building would have caught fire (if the legend is true) it is easy to see that no fire department could have trek'd its way to save the foundation--so that part doesn't seem supernatural, just unfortunate. But the building was located where it was because those inmates were the CRAZY, SERIAL KILLING, INSANOS that the rest of society felt the urge to ostracize. So of course the asylum was nowhere near the city.

So whatever people who claim its a hoax want to say, the facts are there. Though the asylum was cleaned, and I think that some of the gates were removed, (I could only count a definitive 4, if I recall) the "gates" that ARE there are MASSIVE MAN MADE CONCRETE BLOCKS which show evident intent of restricting easy movement. They stand meters thick and are about 15 to 20 feet tall--and in a "deserted" forest, one can only begin to wonder why else they might be sitting there...

Approaching the area you'll find it eerily enticing to see that on a typical Yorkian spring or summer day, the humidity forges a mist, even if no other fog blankets the rest of the nearby town. I may be lying about it being a general case but I've been there during the day and night experiencing this quite a few times. At least it set the mood.

Sadly nothing came of my excursion but a few very creepy coincidences afterward. It kinda just resolved to a fun midnight's rendezvous and nothing else. Though I have a friend who swears by all things that these things happened to him in there-->
1) Screams were heard throughout the forest, seeming to tempt regression, and were heard within a mile of the first gate.

2) Between the 2nd and 3rd gate he heard footsteps rustling leaves in the forest about 20 to 30 feet to the left of the path. Turning his head and seeing a silhouette seeming to watch him as it matched its pace with his to the next gate.

3) Within visual distance (on a brightly lit night) another figure seemed to boast with austerity, standing before him, and even with a grin, waved a sense of "I dare you to make it this far."

He didn't. He ran away after having enough with that place.

Seriously, you may not believe my rendition of his story, but he refuses to go back even with good company.

Oh and one more thing. The magic is rumored to really kick off on the return to the first gate, matching the fateful path of the deranged.

Beware, coincidence happens when its expected; supernatural, when mutually willed.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I wish someone would actually go and take a camera with them.

We see all of these anonymous posts detailing how frightening it was, but nobody ever has any proof or evidence of their experience.

So frustrating.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

ok so the deal with the seven gates. i used to live in york and me and my friends would go out onto toad road and pass through the first and only gate. nothing happens. there never was an asaine asslyum there and the gate was just from an old farm house. recently the athorities have torn it all down. i alwaysed wished something cool would of happened.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

ok so the deal with the seven gates. i used to live in york and me and my friends would go out onto toad road and pass through the first and only gate. nothing happens. there never was an asaine asslyum there and the gate was just from an old farm house. recently the athorities have torn it all down. i alwaysed wished something cool would of happened.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I went their tonight. it was really interesting, however I did find a lot of paranormal things. If you're looking for the first gate, go down range rd. and on the second bend pull over in the small area. once you are parked walk about 10 feet towards the woods and you will see the first gate. it's red, and it looks like a gate that a farmhouse would have in a barn.
when i got there, it was pretty eerie. it was snowing pretty hard, and it was really bizarre. we pulled over and kept the headlights on towards the woods. me and my best friend ralphy were walking down this path and in the far distance you'll see a tiny white light that blinks. not repeatedly, but once in a while if you watch. at first, we kept hearing little tinking noises. like someone had an aluminum can and was hitting their finger against it. we got up and walked back to the car. excuse me, ran. once we got enough balls to go back, we did. we got around a huge bend in the path and saw something white crouching down on the ground. again, we ran back. we finally went back again and when we came across the bend, we saw it once more, but this time, it actually got up and ran deep into the woods. we didn't see it again until later. if you listen closely and just stand there and keep quiet, in the distance you'll hear very faint moans and cries of a girl. she sounds like she is in her twenties. now, most of you may not believe this, but we drove back up range rd for a little bit to calm down. when we were there, we weren't far enough from the car that we couldn't see it. no trucks went by, but there was salt all over the roads. it gets even more screwed up. we saw a teddy bear of a dog laying on the side of the road. buggin if you ask me. we eventually grew the balls to go back again. when me and ralphy went down the path again a few of our friends were waiting in the car. we went to turn around, and we saw a truck pull up behind the car and turn their lights off. at first we thought it was a cop. so we were creeping back up to the car, and when we got there, there wasn't a truck in sight. about 30 seconds later though, an old mini van drove by very slow in the distance with their four ways on.
we didn't believe that all of this was true. but we are going back in about two weeks in the early morning, so we can see where we are going and so we are more prepared. but yeah, it was pretty interesting. i think you need to go there for yourselves and experience it to believe it. if you're into things like this, i recommend it as a place to go on your "to go" list.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I went their tonight. it was really interesting, however I did find a lot of paranormal things. If you're looking for the first gate, go down range rd. and on the second bend pull over in the small area. once you are parked walk about 10 feet towards the woods and you will see the first gate. it's red, and it looks like a gate that a farmhouse would have in a barn.
when i got there, it was pretty eerie. it was snowing pretty hard, and it was really bizarre. we pulled over and kept the headlights on towards the woods. me and my best friend ralphy were walking down this path and in the far distance you'll see a tiny white light that blinks. not repeatedly, but once in a while if you watch. at first, we kept hearing little tinking noises. like someone had an aluminum can and was hitting their finger against it. we got up and walked back to the car. excuse me, ran. once we got enough balls to go back, we did. we got around a huge bend in the path and saw something white crouching down on the ground. again, we ran back. we finally went back again and when we came across the bend, we saw it once more, but this time, it actually got up and ran deep into the woods. we didn't see it again until later. if you listen closely and just stand there and keep quiet, in the distance you'll hear very faint moans and cries of a girl. she sounds like she is in her twenties. now, most of you may not believe this, but we drove back up range rd for a little bit to calm down. when we were there, we weren't far enough from the car that we couldn't see it. no trucks went by, but there was salt all over the roads. it gets even more screwed up. we saw a teddy bear of a dog laying on the side of the road. buggin if you ask me. we eventually grew the balls to go back again. when me and ralphy went down the path again a few of our friends were waiting in the car. we went to turn around, and we saw a truck pull up behind the car and turn their lights off. at first we thought it was a cop. so we were creeping back up to the car, and when we got there, there wasn't a truck in sight. about 30 seconds later though, an old mini van drove by very slow in the distance with their four ways on.
we didn't believe that all of this was true. but we are going back in about two weeks in the early morning, so we can see where we are going and so we are more prepared. but yeah, it was pretty interesting. i think you need to go there for yourselves and experience it to believe it. if you're into things like this, i recommend it as a place to go on your "to go" list.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join