It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jihad Boom' Postcards Mailed To Schools Feature Threatening Cartoons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

'Jihad Boom' Postcards

www.local6.com

OCALA, Fla. -- Investigators in Marion County, Fla., are searching for the author of nine postcards sent to different schools on the same day with the words \'Jihad-Boom\" and handwritten cartoons of a building apparently exploding with people inside.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 9/17/2007 by Gools]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I found this interesting, especially since in another ATS story, there is a reward offered for a person who did a cartoon of the prophet Mohammed.
This ¨may or may not ¨be an actual threat, but I found it very interesting, that on the top left part of the post card the person7persons wrote \"9-11 ? 10 -10\" Possible reference to Oct 10?
Your take?

www.local6.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
"The Perfect Day"
Glenn Beck was actually stating terrorists could be plotting to do the same actions as the terrorists from Russia did. Many hostages, kids, teachers and parents. This is what America should be preparing for, not a war with Iran.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I agree. Imagine how safe America would be if Homeland Security actually made things secure, we never went to Iraq for the Oil, and all the billions spent paying Blackwater soldiers to incite more trouble could have funding hundreds of experiments into alternatives to Gasoline...

Wow, what a 'What If?"
DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I don't wish to make light of the possibility of terrorists attacking schools,but over the last few weeks we have had talk of such an attack,the missing school buses,the middle easterners photographing schools,and now these postcards.
Thing is-I can only think of one reason that terrorists would send these postcards:

They have no money/bombs/guns and they want to scare people.

And that reason I just do not buy because true terrorists are resourceful,dangerous people.They could get hold of whatever they need.No postcards needed,no warnings needed.

This postcard thing has a strong viral fear/PsyOP kind of flavour to it IMO.
I mean why the hell would someone go to the lengths of stealing loads of buses,filming the schools..and then send a warning?

Just not feasible behaviour on behalf of AQ as we know them so far,I think.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Good point, but now you have to take these threats seriously as well.
If you just brush them off, and the attacks do happen, you will have many people on your front door asking why this was not dealt with properly.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I agree equinox,however fishy the information is,you gotta take it very seriously especially something involving children.And I admit the missing school buses gives me the chills.
At first I really hoped that was just the new sport among American youth-you know,pinch the school bus,get a day off school!!
Now I doubt that as none of the buses have been located as far as i know.

I really hope and pray nothing of that nature happens to you all in America.
No children deserve to be dragged into war,but it happens daily in many parts of the world,more is the pity.

Stay safe USA.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Unfortunately in todays world, all of these types of thing need to be taken seriously. Remember the word terrorist. The root of the word is terror. The country would come to a stop, as every parent would put up a cocoon around their children, and no one would leave the house. What is more horrific than the death of innocent children? In my opinion, NOTHING.
The world has become a sick, sick place I'm afraid.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   

from OPs original link
"A $10,000 reward has been issued to anyone who provides information which leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for using the postal service to mail the threatening postcards to schools."

COME ON ATSers-watch the video at the original link:

www.local6.com...

Study it and try to bust these evil inhuman criminals-I tried to rip the video with the firefox video downloader,but it didn't work.
I wanted to get shots of the postcards,fullscreen style.

Come on all,we could make a difference here.Someone who is tech savvy PLEASE get pics of the postcards for us to dissect here.

I could not even see what the alternate spelling of "Jihad" was,as mentioned in the article-and that maybe a significant clue,so please if anyone can get us some blow up shots of the postcards...Lets at least TRY to BUST these fools.

SS out.

edit,messed quote

edit2: BTW theres a $10 000 REWARD so lets get busy folks.Not that a reward should be needed to catch this filth.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Silcone Synapse]

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
I could not even see what the alternate spelling of "Jihad" was,as mentioned in the article-and that maybe a significant clue,so please if anyone can get us some blow up shots of the postcards

Jihad is spelled Jiahd in the card, a clue?
Probably not, just posting the image for the members to analyze.

[edit on 2007/9/17 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I just recently made a post about this very thing.And I'm not worried about hostages I'm worried about deaths.Why take hostages,it's not like your going to actually accomplish a single thing.The children would be murdered.

I wrote the DOD about this very issue about a year ago and I got no response.I was worried about this before it was cool to and judging by not getting a response from DOD they already know about the threat.

It's simple really though,if you think about all the ways to attack the U.S there are simply to many to defend from them all.Although one would think children would be high on the priority list.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I read your thread about it Project Silo,
Well done to you Sir,for at least making the powers that be aware of such a scenario-Let us all pray that if you got no response,that it was because the relevant people are on the case,and don't want to compromise themselves by acknowledgment of your ideas.
I hope that is the situation,that any of these potential plans are being closely monitored-but hoping aside,what I would WANT is action taken before the event takes place.
What i would want even more is that none of this takes place at all,anywhere,anytime.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I know that many have commented on OBL's beard, in a recent vid of his, especially the apparent 'doctoring' to give it a 'young' appearance.

With all the recent discussion and media attention focused on our children, could we be on to something here? Is it possible the beard was, in fact, a sign? Like, a sign of youth? Is the 'youthful appearance' a sign to attack our youth?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

OP by JacKatMtn
"Jihad is spelled Jiahd in the card, a clue?
Probably not, just posting the image for the members to analyze."

Nice one for the info,guess I was clutching at straws so to speak.

Any small thing that anyone notices about these postcards could potentially help to find out who is responsible and that would be a very good thing,and if we here at ATS,could be even just a small part of finding that out I for one would feel that we have achieved something very worthwhile indeed.

SS out.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well as I said, there is the 9-11? 10-10 reference, also as the news mentioned, the 7´s are crossed, something that normally only ocurrs in South America and Europe,
Google search on jiahad returns

Link To Google
but those are probably just mispelled.
The news article did mention that some of the postcards were spelled correctly some were not.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The fact that Jihad was not spelled right on all of them is odd.I don't think a true muslem could make such a mistake,I mean it's not like a typo and your finger hit a extra butten or something.

Hell, it was probably someone from the school,and they clearly need more schooling heh.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Look at the 'a's, who writes them that way?

Also, 'Jiahd' may not be misspelled (per say), rather a dyslexic hand. The way it's (incorrectly) spelled, doesn't seem like a spelling (or educated) error. It's more of a mental, or perhaps intentional, error.

BTW, the line in the 7s (coupled with the 'a') would lead me to believe this is NOT a child or student pulling some prank.

The line in the middle of the seven may not be a recognized numerical format in the U.S.; however, the line in the seven isn't necessarily foreign. Many in the U.S. military write their sevens this way, as well as civilian engineers and accountants.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

These guys wash their feet like 9 times a day or something.And they think the act of jihad will get them 72 virgens blah blah.I highly doubt they would mess up the word jihad.But hey what the hell do I know,your guess is as good as mine.

The dislexic thing is a good point though.Do you think they would let the dislexic guy do the writing though?I mean they believe in this so much that they are willing to kill themselves.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Oh, I'm not convinced they did, in fact, come from 'Jihadists' (or 'Jiahdists'). I'm only pointing out the obvious signs that may eliminate possible theories, or suspects. I'm also not convinced a Jihadist DIDN"T write the card.

I'm merely speculating that a student, or American child, is most likely not the writer.

Now, as far as 'getting the dyslexic guy to write the notes', who says it's more than one person? If it is only one person, this could very possibly be his demise and accidental 'eff'-up on his part.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
So there are 9 of them sent, does that mean that all nine postcards have Jihad spelled wrong or is it just one of them that was spelled incorrectly? I just saw one of them posted on this thread and that is all I saw as far as how it was spelled.

PS. Sourgrapes.....I think your onto something that everyone has been trying to wrap their brains around with the "youthful" looking beard as a sign or trigger.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Cside702]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join