It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival / alien invasion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I have read and own many UFO, alien and NWO books probably nearing 500.

However, although very interesting and always one to keep an open mind, not one book ever mentions what we need to do to either prepare for or survive an alien invasion.

So I thought I would put my list together and see what everyone thoughts were. Here are my top 5.

1 Store lots of dry based foods
2 General medical suplies
3 Walkie Talkies/CB communications
4 Take the family in 4wheel drive vehicle and head for the hills
5 Weapons

mod edit: title edit

[edit on 18-9-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Dutchie59

Nice thought, but i doubt it would give any benefits

In case of an alien invasion, i guess, we'll have to assume, that they're somewhat ahead of us on a technical level, with interstellar / -dimensional travel available and such.
So question is, what would trigger an invasion ? Ground ? People (for whatever reason) ? Resources ?
If they'd need our planet to habitate, they would be here for a longer time and you couldn't store enough food for this time. If it's people, well, being technological advanced, they would find you. Even by our standards, there's just no way to hide - given all the available surveillance technology. And finally, if they're here for the resources, you wouldn't be of interest

In case of war, what do we have to thwart an invading force, that could be hundreds or thousand years advanced ? Would a few of todays armed forced be able to stop an entire medieval army ? I think, they could and that throws us into a scenario, where nothing we have could seriously harm the invaders.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Some valid point Phil.

In part I agree but I suppose you have to start somewhere.
Not sure my 17 years in karate can help me defend myself in any big way.

I suppose I've never found serious publication anywhere on what we should do if we were to be invaded by aliens.

More thoughts and feedback would be appreciated.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Just my 2 cents...but this should be in the survival forum where we discuss all scenarios to be prepared for.

top topics

join