It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Linking to other ATS threads and posts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I have a couple of quick questions.

How do I link to a thread that I feel is relevant to another thread that I am posting in? Do I just copy and paste the URL?

How do I link to a single post from a different thread and post it to another thread, even if it is my own post and it has URL links?

Can I delete my own post? I tried linking to my own post from a different thread and after I posted it and then clicked on the link, the link kept coming back to the Post reply screen. So I had to erase everything and basically post nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I went to the handbook first to look for answers to these questions. Two hours later I still couldn't find any answers and had 10 different windows open in my browser! How do you cyber beg? If I knew how, that's what I would be doing right now.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boone 870

How do I link to a thread that I feel is relevant to another thread that I am posting in? Do I just copy and paste the URL?

You can, or you can click the link up above that has the picture of the globe on it, type in a sentence or a title that will appear as a blue hyperlink, and then paste the URL into the next box that comes up. So you end up with something like this.

Can I delete my own post? I tried linking to my own post from a different thread and after I posted it and then clicked on the link, the link kept coming back to the Post reply screen. So I had to erase everything and basically post nothing.

No, you can't. So preview before you hit the post button, and think before it as well. Or, you can do what others do, go in and edit it, leaving an explanation why you edited (it's not strictly necessary to do that, but it is polite to]. So your thread will read something like, "Ooops, changed my mind, sorry for the one-liner."

As to the other question, I can't answer that one.

But two out of three ain't bad.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Above every post is a little button that says "this post". Rightclick and copy/paste, and you'll have the link to the post in the thread.

I.e. like this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
WOW! That was fast. Thank you and thank you. Very very helpful, I'll give it a try and see how it works.

new topics

top topics

join