It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preemptive Attack Against the US?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The Bush administration is considering placing the Iranian Revolutionary Guard corps on the terrorism list (article here).

There is obviously quite a bit of speculation regarding the run up to a potential military conflict between Iran and the US/Israel.

3 Day Blitz Against Iran Planned
Iran warns of "problems" if US attacks
Bush Will confron a Nuclear Iran

As part of the War on Terror, President Bush flexed the might of a preemptive strike against Iraq because of intel that said Iraq had WMD's and posed an "imminent threat" to the US.

Now, with increased rhetoric and tension between the US and Iran I pose this question:

Based on the precedent of attacking and invading Iraq set by the Bush administration, could Iran execute a preemptive strike against US interests at home and/or in Iraq?

If Iran KNEW it was going to be attacked, would it be justified for them to say attack carrier groups, military installations etc in the region to thwart an attack?

[edit on 16-9-2007 by TruthWithin]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
well... what would you do? not thinking in terms as in U.S. vs. but think if you knew there were people that were going to do a home invasion on you and your family...you had proof,and knowledge of who was going to do it..wouldnt you call the police or do what you had to to keep them from violating your home?

everyone on this plant has the right to keep their home/land/country safe,so what would make it different if iran did this....protect it's country?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Iran is launching a preemptive strike on US forces by aiding the troops in Iraq. THey are also shelling the north of Iraq. You have Turkey ready to go, France telling the world to prepare, Russia testing response time in Europe....folks, this is not going to be a conflict, but a World War in name not proxy.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I agree with the previous poster. Absolutely everyone is gearing up for World War. No this is not fear mongering just public awareness. This is going on and no media outlets want to touch it or to put a common denominator on whats going on.

I would not be surprised at all if there was a pre-emptive attack against the USA, and Im not talking about Iran here only. Think about this for second,

Not too long ago the Chinese proved that they can shoot down with a missile from Earth a satellite in orbit.Remember the story folks?

This was no doubt a warning to the US of what their capability is.

Now, with the new technology so reliant on GPS satellites, what if the Chinese launch a surprise attack on the US GPS satellite and the like, the Russians at the same time begin carpet bombing the Europeans to stop them going in to bat for America in the Mid east, and then Iran and Syria attack Israel and American forces in Iraq.

Yeah, it'd be a mess, but seriously, how well would modern day forces be able to launch missiles without GPS co-ordiantes?

Are they trained for this contingency?

I read a while back that some Russian Fighter jets still use globe fuses or something like that that wouldn't be affected with an EMP generated by a nuke or the like so they can keep on flying. so they are planning for these things, its just the public isnt and their the ones that suffer the most.

So lets take bets, I reckon in the next fortnight it'll be all on, (Lays 100bux down on the betting table!)

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Anon anon, the forces are shifting. Syria is mopping up atomic dust as we speak. The precurser of things to come. The PTB won't bat an eye at sacrificing a few million people. Nor have we in Iraq. The russian blackjack flybys, declaration of Arctic soveriegnty. It's definitely on. Fed reserve having to pump billions into market to float it and dollar. A one world currency, a new messiah, and a new holy day shouldn't be far behind.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Glad you mentioned it was not fear mongering.One can often feel like a doom and gloomer.But this is not poeple hyped up,or unsettled nerves,or getting your jollies.

This is real follks,there should be no doubt the threat of a large scale war is real.I mean hell this is more scary than anything you could make up.

Look into the facts,the allience between Russia,China,Iran,Venezuela is very strong now.Not to mention other smaller countris khazakstan(sp) Syria.Russia also has many smaller countries as allies,I'm not sure if they would jump right into something when it kicks of with Iran or not.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The US set the modern dangerous precedent of 'pre-emptive action' against another nation in 2003.

It set that precedent, now it may live and fall by it.

I don't think Iran will launch an all-out attack on the US pre-emptively, but if US attacking Iraq can be justified, why not?

Iran could say "The US were arming and seeking to acquire weapons of mass destruction to be used upon Iran and our allies. The US constitutes a sponsor of terrorism and an axis of evil. This threat can not stand."

If Iran attacked first, it would be asking for severe destruction, it would be sticking it's head out for the chop. I think it's unlikely Iran would do this.

But if the US attacks Iran first, Iran will be hurting, and will naturally, in it's defence, make the US hurt too, it will have nothing to lose when considering it is already under attack. Iran will fight tooth and nail as the weaker opponent under attack.

Iran is content to wage low intensity warfare via aiding Iraq's insurgency, to shift the US off it's doorstep, the same as the US would help the Canadians if China or Russia invaded Canada.

Yes, China, Russia or someone else could use "pre-emptive action" against the US in the future.

And then we shall all see that the seeds of this act was sowed by the US's own "pre-emptive action" on Iraq.

A dangerous precedent that can be followed, and will.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Regensturm]

new topics

top topics

join