It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

secret society of Astral Projectors????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
So doing research on Astral Projection, I came across this Mystical group that call themselves, "The Rosicrucians."

Supposedly, when becomming a member of this group, they eventually will help you to learn how to AP and supposedly they also do work on the Astral Plane that benefits humanity.

Or for example, many times they have meetings amongst their members in the Astral Planes. They are also proficient in "pulling others" out who are members but have a difficult time with AP in the begining.

I'm wondering if anyone here is a member or if there are other "groups" out there that do such things?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I've never heard of them until right now but I am fascinated with the information they have on their homepage. I am inclined to request more information about them as they have a lodge not far from my house. They have a lot of info about astral projecting there but from what I can gather that isn't until you are 6th degree which would be about 5 years or so after you became a neophyte. So I'm not too sure about them helping you AP in the beginning as you were wondering. All in all I must say I'm rather enthralled with the idea of attending one of their meetings to see what it's all about.

I too would love to hear from anyone if they have first hand knowledge of them.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
We live in extraordinary times, but talk is cheap my friend, just be careful about these new age religion, because some of them can get pretty ugly quick.

My best advice is do more research about the The Rosicrucians, I mean I know I will, and I'll post more about it later. But, yeah try talking to some of the members and see what they are really about.

There is also a similar religion that teaches you how to astra-project. Urm, do some research on Gnostic Christianity, to me personally its basically a mix of Christianity, Buddhism, and several new age belief. Overall it wasn't such a bad experience, I mean like all religion, I agree with some of their beliefs and views on life, but I quickly realize its not for me, I just felt I have to find certain things about myself, because the word of others couldn't persuade me.

Anyways, you should check it out, last time I recall, they do give on e-classes for free, well you have to buy the book that goes with it, I think its 10 bucks, well alot of the new member claimed it work, I just didn't have the money or the will to buy it. You can try it...I think the book is for all for e-classes.

main site: www.gnosticweb.com...
e-course: www.gnosticweb.com...

[edit on 16-9-2007 by skyblueff0]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
There are various occult orders. In most you will eventually learn how to AP since it is considered a required skill in order to be able to perform other activities.

Seeing that the Rosicrucians are mainly aimed at Alchemy they don't really have a need for it and thus learn it at a later stage or more on an indivdualistic interest.

Now if you talk about the OTO, GD, ATA, AA, OTA etc you will learn it in an earlier stage.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0
...just be careful about these new age religion, because some of them can get pretty ugly quick.

Good advice, although I'd love to know more about them though. A Maori mentor of mine "pulled" me out of my body when I was asleep once, it's definately true some can do that.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I understand completely if it interests you and you'd like to learn about them, in general. But I don't trust anything that presents things like that as "secret," or the fact that they imply that you must be "in with them" to know these things. There are other ways of learning things like this.

It is interesting, though, granted, and if there is information on them, I wouldn't mind reading about them, just for the sake of curiosity.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well the one thing that raised my eyeborws about this group, is that their main "credo" they live by is helping other or helping humanity in general. Unselfishly helping others is the best thing, and have yet to really see this in any of the other groups.

Rather intersting however, is the meetings on the astral plane. That's just mind boggling to me.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
As far as the Rosicrucians are concerned, I think astral projection is a very minor part of what they do.

Gnosticweb/Mysticweb is one of the organizations I have been a member of in the past, and I have completed all the courses (Astral Projection, Searching Within, Journey To Enlightenment, and I read all of Samael Aun Weor's books... although I think they have implimented a new Meditation course since then,) so if you have any questions I can help you in that regard. And yes they do hold meetings at various locations on the astral plane like the pyramids, mount everest, etc at various times during the year.

Here is my opinion on Gnosticweb... it has gone downhill and losts its way. The courses used to be entirely free, just PDF files you download (Luckily I had access to all the courses by that time and I saved them all before they took them down.) Then they went to encrypted EXE files because I guess they were having copyright issues with people changing the wording of the information and putting their own names on it, etc. Then they went to video so you have nothing tangible at all. Their chat hasn't worked in over a year any of the times I have gone back to check. I witnessed many times on that site, people being silenced (banned from forums and chat, or kicked entirely from courses) when they had a question or spoke up in disagreement about a particular exercise. I made some excellent friends there who I still talk to about gnosticism, esoterics, and the occult... mainly astral projection which has been my main focus most of the time. (Many of them have migrated here to ATS, like AkashicWanderer and Sesmo.) However as was mentioned above, you now have to pay for the astral course book which used to be free, and in my opinion they have become a bit of a cult. You should be suspicious as the leader/owner Mark Pritchard calls himself Belzebuub in all correspondence and claims to be a master, avatar, or any other word you want to associate with it. They do offer very valuable information that I haven't found anywhere else, but you kind of need to sift through it all.

There are groups you can devote your life to in order to learn these sets of skills, or you can be one of the many individuals like myself out there who borrows a little bit from every school of thought and encorporates it into my own belief system. In my opinion this is the way to go... take what you want and throw out all the garbage. Although don't confuse it with "dabbling". I got what I needed from Gnosticweb and then I moved on. On that note, I am always willing to help and converse with anyone who is interested in any of these topics. If you are just starting, I would be glad to give you some suggestions on material you might want to start with.

Despite what anyone tells you, you don't have to only believe one thing or follow the strict orders of one group. Think for yourself. Don't believe everything you read, KNOW through experience and applying the information for yourself. If things start getting a bit wacky, get out of that group and find a new one. With the advent of the internet, all of the popular esoteric/occult teachings are available online. I have bought very few books and paid for no memberships/fees during my time studying this material.

I don't hold any secrets... if you want to learn something, I will share these concepts with you for free. I don't feel there should be a price or lock-and-key by specific groups on esoteric development.

[edit on 9/17/2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

Wow, that sounds really great Yarcofin. So can I then glean some info off of you? Could you email me some of those pdfs about AP that you said works so well? I am a beginner so if you have a base of material suited for one I would be most appreciative.

Well I suppose it goes without saying that you do astral project and that the info you would provide would help a noob AP'er right?

god... as im typing this my vision is distorting really bad. my head is getting smaller or farther away from the screen. wtf. i feel like im on the beginning of a serious trip but the only thing i ingested was a hotpocket. i can barely see the keyboard. w.t.f... my eyes are locking up and i feel as my head leans to the right but my head stays still. its a balloon or something..

hmmmmm ok i gotta go....

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

This is a prime example of why I believe it is BS, and why anyone in their ''correct' mind (is that even quantifiable?) can believe this.

Just for an FYI. I will NOT change my beliefs for a PDF.
You sir/maddam need to wake up.

Did you determine that the exe just didn't work on a real OS? FreeBSD, is your friend. Perhaps then you would not be in this dillema.

Lame! Laughable.

My demons would like to know; How low can you go?

No disrespect to anyone, but lets be real here. Please name anyone who has opened a thread where "something" was actually worth 'interpreting'. Please.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
ARGH! Sorry Double Post!

[edit on 9/18/2007 by Stockburn]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
ARGH! Sorry Triple Post!

[edit on 9/18/2007 by Stockburn]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Stockburn

I'm not sure what you're talking about... I'm not asking anyone to change their beliefs... I clearly said that I think people should think for themselves and make their own decisions.

I never said the .EXE didn't work... I said it limited freedom of storage/movement of the document. For one thing you needed to be on the internet just to open it. Although all you had to do to route around it was save the file as a .PDF once you got it opened in Adobe...

There are a lot of things in your reply that are very unspecific so I really have no idea what you are trying to say. What is a prime example? Believe what... in astral projection? As far as I'm concerned, you are the incoherant one. It sounds like you got the complete opposite meaning from my post.

I just told you to try it for yourself and come to your own conclusions, not to blindly follow the advice of "secret groups." How does that automatically make astral projection BS? That sounds like following a scientific method to me. That is how I approach all esoterics... approach it with an open mind, and try it out thoroughly. If it produces the results claimed, accept it into your belief system. If not, reject it and stop practicing it.

[edit on 9/18/2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
well, if something strikes a chord within you, go and find out more about it, talk to them. Dont forget though that there are countless groups offering similar stuff.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I think what stockburn is trying to say is that logic and reason are extremely limited, and that perhaps there may be an additional faculty that lays beyond these two, and that perhaps there are others that can operate in faculties that are beyond.

Of course if you haven't yet come to that factual conclusion, then yea everything "out-of-the-ordinary" will seem like BS the way a horse-less carriage (or car) seemed like BS to those in the 12th century and u'd be put in jail for saying so.

sceptics.........

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Unless it's changed a lot, you're going to find yourself looking at your reflection in a mirror and chanting "Hail, Rosae Crucis" like a 'tard at one point.

If you want a non-secret society of astral projectors, you might try Eckankar. They used to teach organized classes on OOBEs, and if you believe them, they have guys on-call 24/7 on the astral plane to help you out if you screw up. Sort of like Roto-Rooter for the soul.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I use to try it a couple of years ago but the closest I got to AP was I felt really weird and tingling all over. The I just jumped like I had fell over a cliff or something. If anyone has any more infor on how to AP, please share your thoughts.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Tom Bedlam

Hmmmm thanks for that. I remember hearing that group Eckanar when reading Albert Taylor's book 'Soul Traveller.' He dropped in on one of their sessions and was doing that HU chanting. They sound interesting enough.

Really, for me what I'm looking for is a no frills, no strings attached meetup where people just try and help each achieve AP. I'll come to any spiritual/religious answers by myself.

They seem to get a lot of flak though as I was reading their wiki and a anti-Eck group (or several) sprouted due to plagiarism or some such.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
They came by the school back in the dark ages when I was in college. It sounded interesting in an odd sort of way.

I accidentally OOBEd a couple of times, but in tests I can't do it on demand.

I got about as close as I ever could using the Munroe Institute CD set. It's probably because I have trouble believing I can. The few times I did it were pretty surprising.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dominicus

There two different groups I know of, but a pre-requisite to joining seems to be the ability to lucid dream, as this how I made contact with them. The first one I don't think it is secret per-se, but you do have to consciously ask for them to help you astral project. A "representative" will then contact you and ask you why it is you wish for help APing. The second I discovered by accident. It requires you to be in contact with your higher intellect, and to ask it a very specific set of questions, and to come to the complete understanding of "a hidden truth" in which case you will be taken to their "astral headquarters"....though don't bother trying finding info on this one, because there are only five members that are currently alive on earth. Both of these I only recently made contact within the span of two weeks apart

top topics

join