It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Lucid Dreams Another Reality?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
i am wondering if anyone has had a dream than was so real you still cant remember if it was a dream or real.. ive had a few that im still wondering about. the most recent was about a job offer. either way i turned it down because it was less $.. but it is fuzzy.. i would like to know if anyone else has had this happen..

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazi176

Lucid dreams about sex is better that real sex. Everything is the same, the feelings & excitment. THere is no mess and no conversation afterwards!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
i am wondering if anyone has had a dream than was so real you still cant remember if it was a dream or real.. ive had a few that im still wondering about. the most recent was about a job offer. either way i turned it down because it was less $.. but it is fuzzy.. i would like to know if anyone else has had this happen..

I've had dreams where I'm discussing something with my girlfriend. I'll wake up and later that day I'll inquire about our discussion. She won't know what the hell I'm talking about. haha You sit back and think about it and could swear that we had a conversation about it. Then realize it was all in your dream. Doesn't happen often but I know what your talking about.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKunkyCharms
reply to post by Quazi176

Lucid dreams about sex is better that real sex. Everything is the same, the feelings & excitment. THere is no mess and no conversation afterwards!

LOL I don't know about better. hahaha But those are fun to have as well. haha I'll leave it at that. haha What about the term wet dream?

If that is what happens in HOT lucid dreams, then you might want to keep a box of tissue handy for in the morning. LOL

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Quazi176]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I had an old G20 chevy van that I owned for 15 years. I bought a Lexus and parked the van. It spontaneously blew a tranny seal and I let it sit for a couple years till I got a red sticker from the local police saying get rid of it. I called a salvage yard the next day and had it towed away. I keep dreaming of driving that thing, I really did love the old beast. And in my dream I tell myself, John, you sold it, it's gone now. Very weird.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Sounds to me you had many a good time in that van. LoL I predict you will continue to have dreams about that van until the day you die.

I know I had good times in my parents van all through high school. haha

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I have often wondered if Lucid Dreams are another reality, mostly because when I have normal dreams they're in 3rd person, however when I suddenly realize that I'm dreaming and it becomes a Lucid Dream it usually switches to 1st person.

but maybe that's just a normal response by the Brain

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
thats interesting you bring that up.. ive hade the same experince from time to time..

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by g210b
It seems to me that there is a fuzzy dream reality you create and a 'dream' reality that simple exists like this reality. At least that's my experience.

interesting that you say that, because to me when I'm dreaming, the whole thing feels more real when I don't try and control what's happening. When I attempt to control things the sense that what's happening is real goes away.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingdrakethe3rd

King, I take it you've never experienced a lucid dream then? If you did, you would be in control and know that you were dreaming. No telling how long it would last. Some times they last for a good while and sometimes as soon as you realize your awake in your dream, you wake up. I hate that. haha But the feeling you get when you know your awake in your dream is exilerating. Fun stuff.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I know that I'm dreaming it's just that I don't control it, I allow the dream to continue on the course it wants to go on, whenever i attempt to control the actions of someone else in the dream, I lose the feeling that the dream is real.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingdrakethe3rd
I know that I'm dreaming it's just that I don't control it, I allow the dream to continue on the course it wants to go on, whenever i attempt to control the actions of someone else in the dream, I lose the feeling that the dream is real.

For me, since it doesn't happen all the time, when I know that I'm awake in my dream, it's a awesome feeling (like a kid with his hand in the cookie jar). I use that to "steer" my thinking into to doing something consciously. A lot of the times that's when I'll stay in the dream longer without waking because DON"T think about waking up. One of the first thoughts I had in the beginning, was "Oh, man, please don't wake up!!!" Most of the time when I say that, I wake up. So my trick is to immediately steer your mind into doing something so you don't think about how wonderful it is to be awake in your dream. It's easier said than done, but that's what I like to do. What I'm trying to learn now is to have more of them.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
i dont know what it is i do but most of the dreams i have are lucid. i hear people saying all of the time that they dont remember their dreams i can remember most of mine. i do believe that ive trained my self to remember by writing them down as soon as i wake. now it second nature a i no longer have to write them down.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I have had quite a few lucid dreams without trying. I also stay locked in my dream once I realize I am "dreaming" but or whatever reason, I never take advantage of the situation( I wish I would remember to try and fly or walk up and kiss my crush).

I always have vivid dreams but have been afraid to harness the power in fear of welcoming anything I am not prepared to encounter. I of course am referring to spirits and/or E.T.'s.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
i dont know what it is i do but most of the dreams i have are lucid. i hear people saying all of the time that they dont remember their dreams i can remember most of mine. i do believe that ive trained my self to remember by writing them down as soon as i wake. now it second nature a i no longer have to write them down.

Yes, I have got to start writing them down. I still haven't started that yet. I remember my dreams as well.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sequel
I have had quite a few lucid dreams without trying. I also stay locked in my dream once I realize I am "dreaming" but or whatever reason, I never take advantage of the situation( I wish I would remember to try and fly or walk up and kiss my crush).

I always have vivid dreams but have been afraid to harness the power in fear of welcoming anything I am not prepared to encounter. I of course am referring to spirits and/or E.T.'s.

I wish I could stay locked in mine all the time. Some are long some are short. To me, that's the thrill of lucid dreaming, taking advantage of the situation. I'm not worried about encountering spirits or ETs. Even though I believe in both, I haven't encountered them in real life, I don't expect to find them in my dreams. If I do, I'll take it as it comes. It's YOUR dream, so hopefully you can think of something to get out of whatever situation you are in. Hopefully. haha

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

This is skunkworks..
Theorize at will in this forum.

Great thread though. I'll come up with some of my thoughts later on.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
im a c2c buff and this subject is on right now. if you dont catch it you can google c2c and get a replay..

i cant wait to see how george is going to inlighten us..

[edit on 15amu12007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

Same here, I'm curious to see what his post will be about also. I see LDragonFire has started another Dream Thread about dreams being a MultiVerse. I've directed him here since this was already started. It seems to be basicaly about the same thing. Hopefully, he/she will respond.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Here's another guide to help you have lucid dreams. It's best if you do your own search and read other sites about this. You will pick up other tips here and there.

Lucid Dream Guide To Get You Started

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join