It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Lucid Dreams Another Reality?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

Haha, good dream Alien Abduct. You had a problem in your dream and once you realized it was a dream, you were able to manipulate it so you "won the day." That's the exciting part about lucid dreaming, you can handle it just like it was real. The difference is you know that it's a dream so you feel safe even though it's a dangerous "dream situation."

Interesting about the ninja swords. Why that? You have some in your room now? Why did ninja swords pop in your mind at that moment?

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Quazi176]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazi176

"It's" being "you." I also think that lucid dreaming can happen accidently but most times I think it's a conscious effort to control your dreams. When I want to or when it happens on accident it almost seems like an ABSOLUTE state of focus, you know? I don't think it's anything mystical, probably just clarity, which is pretty rare these days.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
no i havent seen that ill see if its on limewire b/c i dont own a tv and refuse to buy one.. i was just reading over some of my dreams so ill have to check out that site you gave and see what i can come up with..

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
i just tried that site and the one i wanted i couldnt get it to give me anything..

a few months ago i found myself a school teacher in my dreams. i was teaching science to 7th or 8th graders my dream never gave me this fact so im guessing the age of my class. anyways as i was teaching i kept feeling a tickle in the back of my throat that got worse by the minute. soon i could feel something moveing in my mouth. i turned away from the children and spit it in my hand. to my suprise it was a frog with wild colors. as time went the frogs were coming out faster and faster until i was chokeing. i ran into the hall and feel to my knees hundreds of frogs all diffrent colors were spewing out.

i tried to keep myself asleep, but the dream was to freaky i woke up and could still taste them in my mouth.

i have been told that frogs are a sign of bad health when they show up in your dreams. maybe linked to my recent heart problems. i just found out this week that my average resting heart rate is 98 to 112bms..

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I have thought more and more about this, rememeber the movie Contact with Jodi Foster, of course they put her in a time machine or something but she enters another dimension like she is dreaming.

So what I'm thinking is wouldn't it be considered another dimension? , or almost like a outta body experience. We are fully functional in those dreams and can actually have the same senses that we have when we are awake.

I'm going to start writing them all down when I wake, I think this is something that is so interesting.

and like you said ... just like I'm sitting in the chair now, I can be doing the same thing in my lucid dream. I want to try when I get to that state of dreaming to actually see how far I can get without waking up.

Just wanted to give a example of one that I had not long ago. I was in a flood and standing on top of a barn roof wanting help for my son and I, my son fell in the water and I jumped in after him, swimming as hard and as fast as I could to reach him. I did reach him and held him in my arms but I woke up at that point. The weird part of it, when I awoke my son was in my arms and I was out of breath.(my son sleeps beside me at night, just incase you wondered lol) The next morning my arms were extremely sore. I thought it was very weird but again I had never heard of Lucid dreams so I really didn't give it much thought except that it was very weird. Now that you have started this thread I really am wondering what really is going on during those dreams and where are we

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
If lucid dreams could possibly be another reality and its possible to take control of things while we are in that reality, I wonder if we could control certain things in the dream reality that we can't control in this reality.
For example: Time. Lets say that we wanted to have a lucid dream experience that lasts for a longer amount of time in the dream world than it does in this world.
Could we, perhaps, control how fast time moves while we are in the dream reality? Is it possible to have a lucid dream that lasts for days, weeks, or even months in dreamland while in this reality we are only asleep for a matter of hours?
If it were possible, it would be nice way to take a long vacation in only a matter hours. I would probably do it every night if it were possible.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
i watched a film a little while back called what the bleep do we know. by the way bleep is not subed for another word. it goes into how our thoughts affect our realities. it show the effects that meditating on different words has on water. of course we are 80% water. It is pretty amazing stuff. a must see. i promise it will blow your mind and the most amazing part is how much more sense your life will make after understanding these theories...

i cant explain the film that well but you should check it out..
btw i found it on limewire..

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by magycpapyri

Don't take things out of context, dude.

1. It's not another dimension
2. It's a very in-body experience

It seems like if topics like these aren't checked they run rampent with weird speculation and reasoning. Human beings are very unique, but for being very unique, we're not that special.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
i personally don’t believe that it is another dimension as the above post states, however i do believe that it is another reality closely related to the one we are experiencing while we are "awake".

our thoughts project and manifest them selves when we are awake and this adds to a very real experience. so then what would be the difference if we were sleeping. the night terror i stated before was very real as was the dream about the frogs. in both of those situations my emotions and physical experiences were the same as if i had been awake. it has been my experience in life that if i play a situation out in my mind and there are not many variables that interfere with the situation i am playing out i.e. any out side influences that may effect my reality such as someone else’s thoughts. then that thought manifests its self into reality. i have experienced this many times in my life, but that is my reality..

as stated before our realities are affected by the realities of those around us. so im not saying that if you see winning the lotto in your mind as reality you will win. there are to many other realities that will conflict with..

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Reality in the waking world is what you Perceive it to be, thru your experiences of life. So by Definition your dream world is just as real when your there, with the exception that you can't be physically harmed(unless you fall out of bed).

I regularly Lucid Dream, but even then I'm never in total control, no-one is, there's always random variables.

I Had a dream the other night. I went down stairs of my house and it was a Laundry with washing machines and driers everywhere.. and I can remember my dream, I was sitting on a washing machine thinking "why would I dream that I work in a Laundry ???". I then wrestled my subconcious for control of the dream and got it back on track.

Peace... and keep on dreaming

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Why I chose the ninja swords. That's a good question. I think its because they were halfway surrounding me and it seemed like a movie seen. And I wanted to pull off something spectacular.
To be more detailed, If you ever seen the movie 'Ghost Ship
' when they get sliced in half and its like very vivid and detailed. This is what it looked like when I slashed them in half. It was cool.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
i was just thinking about night terrors..
ive had one that i know of and oddly enough right before bed i was watching a show on tv about them..
i remember waking so scared i cant put into words. i thought that there were two people standing at my front door(i feel asleep on the couch). i am a bit parinoid so i sleep with a Glock model 21 .45 cal under my pillow and cant sleep without it. i tried to reach for it and couldnt move. i dont even think i was breathing for that matter. i then realized that my dog was asleep on the floor next to me and had not bothered to move. i think thats when i realized what had happened. i took some time for me to go back to sleep. it was one of the worst experinces of my life and im glad to say it hasent happened since...

Happens to many adults, it's unexplainable beyond giving it a name: sleep paralysis.

To OP's question, I just don't think too much about other parallel realities, hurts the brain. What if this is all God's dream, which is so powerful that each of the dream's subject (us) have it's own consciousness?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   

it has been my experience in life that if i play a situation out in my mind and there are not many variables that interfere with the situation i am playing out i.e. any out side influences that may effect my reality such as someone else’s thoughts. then that thought manifests its self into reality. i have experienced this many times in my life, but that is my reality..

That's interesting because I made some experiences in this direction also.

There was a periode where I was an active lucid dreamer. The difference between dream and reality is that you can form your dreams very directly once you came aware of them to a high degree. But there seems to be external elements in dreams that you can not alter and experience as intense and real as something can every be. It seems to me that there is a fuzzy dream reality you create and a 'dream' reality that simple exists like this reality. At least that's my experience.

You know you can form the dream reality. Interesting however is that this works for the reality also although on a lot less direct and impressive way. It requires a kind of awarnes / attention paying to recognice that a lot in reality you meet is a consequence of something youself steered.
It's possible to concious wish events happening. I didn't find out how exactly this works but experienced that it works if the circumstances allows it. Your input just let me recognice that probabily playing out in your mind is a key element in this process.
Interesting.

Byway because it just fits to here.. I read a post here on ATS about a recent quantum mechanics experiments results gives a strong indication that our reality indeed does not exist without us observers. Hmm if so then it has the same characteristic like a dream reality and everything is a dream.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by g210b]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by g210b

there was a guest on c2c a few weeks back that was trying to make this point however he was talking about the reality we experince when we are awake. and how our thoughts a preceptions effect everyones reality.

[edit on 15amu102007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

i just found out this week that my average resting heart rate is 98 to 112bms..

I don't know what the average is. I hope that is a safe range. Real exciting dreams can get your heart rate up.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightmare
If lucid dreams could possibly be another reality and its possible to take control of things while we are in that reality, I wonder if we could control certain things in the dream reality that we can't control in this reality.
For example: Time. Lets say that we wanted to have a lucid dream experience that lasts for a longer amount of time in the dream world than it does in this world.
Could we, perhaps, control how fast time moves while we are in the dream reality? Is it possible to have a lucid dream that lasts for days, weeks, or even months in dreamland while in this reality we are only asleep for a matter of hours?
If it were possible, it would be nice way to take a long vacation in only a matter hours. I would probably do it every night if it were possible.

Good question. It's your dream. I haven't gotten used to lucid dreams enough to try to change the time in my dream. If you keep thinking to change time in your dream, maybe one night it will happen and you'll remember it to let us know.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by magycpapyri

So what I'm thinking is wouldn't it be considered another dimension?

and like you said ... just like I'm sitting in the chair now, I can be doing the same thing in my lucid dream. I want to try when I get to that state of dreaming to actually see how far I can get without waking up.

Just wanted to give a example of one that I had not long ago. I was in a flood and standing on top of a barn roof wanting help for my son and I, my son fell in the water and I jumped in after him, swimming as hard and as fast as I could to reach him. I did reach him and held him in my arms but I woke up at that point. The weird part of it, when I awoke my son was in my arms and I was out of breath.(my son sleeps beside me at night, just incase you wondered lol) The next morning my arms were extremely sore. I thought it was very weird but again I had never heard of Lucid dreams so I really didn't give it much thought except that it was very weird. Now that you have started this thread I really am wondering what really is going on during those dreams and where are we

Ya, I said in an earlier post that I shouldn't have said dimension. If anything I think it can be considered another reality. Since it's only "your" dream. Another dimension would probably have other entities in it. I can't 100% rule it out, but I'm leaning to just another reality. I haven't finished reading all of the posts below, but I hope someone with real dream research "know how" would comment.

I've had drean like your flood dream where I woke up holding my pillow tight when in my dream it was a kid I was protecting. Another was when I was holding my breath under water (in my dream) and woke up gasping for air. The kind that actually carry over into the physical world can make you think. Wow. Noises are another thing that carries over from one to the next. For instance, the alarm clock "Beeping". Sometimes, in your dream, that noise might be representing a phone ring. You pick it up and no ones there. Then I realize it's a dream and I wake up to really hear my alarm clock going off.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by Quazi176]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

i watched a film a little while back called what the bleep do we know.

i cant explain the film that well but you should check it out..
btw i found it on limewire..

Thank's DG. I'll check it out. I hope you find Dreamscape, it's a pretty goo Si-Fi flick.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

our thoughts project and manifest them selves when we are awake and this adds to a very real experience. so then what would be the difference if we were sleeping.

as stated before our realities are affected by the realities of those around us. so im not saying that if you see winning the lotto in your mind as reality you will win. there are to many other realities that will conflict with..

In my opinoin, dreams have just about everything to do with experiences that happen in real life. Being from your every day life or TV. Or even stuff you hear about and can visualize. Then "your" dream might have that theme of that days experience. In lucid dreams you act out what happens in that dream. Uncertainties will come at you in the dream just like real life, but if your lucid, you determine what happens from your actions just like in real life. At least this is the way I find it.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Happens to many adults, it's unexplainable beyond giving it a name: sleep paralysis.

To OP's question, I just don't think too much about other parallel realities, hurts the brain. What if this is all God's dream, which is so powerful that each of the dream's subject (us) have it's own consciousness?

Intersting thought. Having your own dream consciousness. That's another way to put it. Good one.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join