It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Experiments in the Revival of Dead Organisms" Youtube Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
"Experiments in the Revival of Dead Organisms"

Amazing video I found on youtube about how the Soviet scientists were able to revive dead organisms and various dogs.

This disturbing film records the successful experiments in the resuscitation of life to dead animals (dogs), as conducted by Dr. S.S. Bryukhonenko at the Institute of Experimental Physiology and Therapy, Voronezh, U.S.S.R. Director: D.I. Yashin. Camera: E.V. Kashina. Narrator: Professor Walter B. Cannon. Introduced by Professor J.B.S. Haldane.

Source of quote

Is this video real? Was wondering if anyone here would have more information about it

Since its Prelinger Archives release, the film has provoked much controversy. Ken Smith, author of Mental Hygiene: Classroom Films 1945 - 1970, believes the film is fake. He mentions, among other things, that the decapitated dog scene shown in the film could have been produced with simple special effects.

Source

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It IS real, they use the proceeder today in severe surgery needs or something of the sort... they actually kill you, perform surgery, then revive you.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Good find. The part of the video where they are keeping a detached head alive seems fake though, how is a head detached going to move about of its own accord in response to sound. The blinking and licking the lips had me going for a minute. But without neck muscles attached to anything, how does the whole head move?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxe
It IS real

Its as bogus as WMD in Iraq.
Its a 1940s Soviet Propaganda flick.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
No, it is not a fake. The video may be fake, but the experiments existed and where well-documented. He won a Lenin prize for his researches, and developed a primitive heart and lung machine. I've read medical papers on his research. A picture of the real experiment can be seen here:

en.wikipedia.org...:Bryukhonenko2.jpg
(Wikipedia link. Sorry for the source.)

Poor dogs. If that guy wouldn't be already dead I would carve his head out with a spoon. And yes, a head can move like that if supplied with enough oxygenated and nutritive blood (and the non oxygenated blood is extracted correctly) and if the head is severed correctly.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
FYI, this is already being discussed over in the medical forum. Here is a link to the current discussion:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

join