It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2005 Clinton Admits Investigating Area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I did try searching ATS already but I couldnt find it.. and no doubt its been here but heres the story. (my EXerpt wont work sorry about this )

When asked about “secrets being passed from president to president” the topic of UFOs surfaced, Clinton said:

"Well I don't know if you all heard this, but, there was actually, when I was president in my second term, there was an anniversary observance of Roswell. Remember that? People came to Roswell, New Mexico from all over the world. And there was also a site in Nevada where people were convinced that the government had buried a UFO and perhaps an alien deep underground because we wouldn't allow anybody to go there. And uhm… I can say now, 'cause it's now been released into the public domain.... This place in Nevada was really serious, that there was an alien artifact there. So I actually sent somebody there to figure it out."

In regards to Roswell Clinton said:

"I did attempt to find out if there were any secret government documents that revealed things. If there were, they were concealed from me too. And if there were, well I wouldn't be the first American president that underlings have lied to, or that career bureaucrats have waited out. But there may be some career person sitting around somewhere, hiding these dark secrets, even from elected presidents. But if so, they successfully eluded me…and I'm almost embarrassed to tell you I did (chuckling) try to find out."

link

[edit: added external source tags]

[edit on 16-9-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It's interesting to me how the President has the power and authority to basically wreak havoc throughout the world if he chooses to, yet he doesn't have enough security clearance to be briefed on the secrets of his own country.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Hmmm... but sometimes they want to wreak havoc.. they dont want to let secrets slip tho.

I just saw independence day again, and when the president asked 'why wasnt I told about this'.. the guy said '2 words mr president, plausible deniability'

to quote wiki >

Plausible deniability is the term given to the creation of loose and informal chains of command in governments and other large organizations. In the case that assassinations, false flag or black ops or any other illegal or otherwise disreputable and unpopular activities become public, high-ranking officials may deny any connection to or awareness of such act, or the agents used to carry out such act.

Arguably, the key concept of plausible deniability is plausibility. It is fairly easy for a government official to issue a blanket denial of an action, and it is possible to destroy or cover up evidence after the fact, and this might be sufficient to avoid a criminal prosecution, for instance. However, the public might well disbelieve the denial, particularly if there is strong circumstantial evidence, or if the action is believed to be so unlikely that the only possible explanation is that the denial is false.

The concept is even more important in espionage. Intelligence may come from many sources, including human sources. The exposure of information to which only a few people are privileged may directly implicate some of those people in the exposure. For instance, suppose a government official is traveling secretly, and that only 1 of his aides knows the specific travel plans. Suppose further that the official is assassinated during his travels, and that the circumstances of the assassination (an ambush, perhaps) strongly suggest that the assassin had foreknowledge of the official's travel plans. The only logical conclusion is that the official has been betrayed by his aide. There may be no direct evidence linking the aide to the assassin, but the collaboration can be inferred on the facts alone, thus making the aide's denial implausible.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 16-9-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sekhemet

Hate to be a pill, but the blog you found that was quoting Clinton's informal remarks after his speaking engagement at the CLSA's investor forum was cherry picking. A complete transcript of everything he seems to have said can be found here www.virtuallystrange.net... .

Specifically, the entry to which you linked omits a key statement at the end of his comments on Roswell: "So I actually sent somebody there to figure it out. And
it was actually just a secret defence installation, alas, doing
boring work that we didn't want anybody to else see."

The rest of Clinton's comments are actually more interesting than the stuff about UFOs and I recommend reading them. He's fascinated by genetic engineering and the ability of science and technology to improve and lengthen our lives. It's too bad religious fundamentalists want to drag us back to the Dark Ages.

Anyhow, this was actually a good find, thanks for posting it. I just think the more complete transcript is probably more instructive and representative. And Clinton does say flatout that, in his opinion, there is a very good chance there are other intelligent races in the galaxy and that we might bump into them some day if we haven't already.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Peabody

Thanks for your post I thought something like that may surface
still doesnt mean he was telling the whole truth tho.

I had a strange dream about clinton once I may just post it in the dream boards once I run it thru my mind again.

peace

edit to say.. that plausible deniability thing is still handy info? makes sense to me why they wouldnt want the presidents to know. They arent presidents long either, then they are replaced, so they are hardly going to be trusted with top secret info.

Look what happend to JKF
not that he even knew top secret info.. but he did make a speech about secret societys and exposing them.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Interesting post as it leaves me emotionally ambivalent. should I be happy that the President cares enough about UFOs to investigate them? or should I be sad that he is withheld information? Or should I be angry that he himself is withholding information?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
* sorry * posting this later *

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It pains me to think that our government covers up parts of iteslf from other parts. I wonder if there's one or two people who know EVERYTHING...

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Nah but think about it how can they tell everyone everything? thats hardly great security. Read it again the above plausible deniability.

There is that 'compartmentalisation' factor that seperates everybody in ranks so no doubt there is just a few people who know.. well... kinda everything, and I bet we have never heard of the s.o.b's...

Skyfloating.. I hear your pains! but as above.. same thing.. security is security.. terrorists are terrorists... anybody can be a possible terrorist... we cant judge too fast and its up to us what we choose to feel.. so feel nothing. Just know, its part of the job description for the president to be a subordinate... puppet.

Maybe things arent all against us yknow, maybe some things are truly for the benefit of us all, but seeing as we dont know all they know, we cant judge that..

Just a thought, I cant be narrow minded.

Peace

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Proper link here again thanks to Peabody, it is still an interesting read.. and has even more interest to me personally because I dreamed of the dude in my house!! but thats my business.. tho I posted it on BTS dreams

Clinton proper interview

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Google James Woolsey and read about him. Clinton appointed him Director of CIA and requested he try to obtain information on related issues. Doors were closed to this guy at the CIA...someone else running that place. Probably the Bush family.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by fweshcawfee
It's interesting to me how the President has the power and authority to basically wreak havoc throughout the world if he chooses to, yet he doesn't have enough security clearance to be briefed on the secrets of his own country.

This is exactly what the Disclosure Project witnesses have stated as well. All of the presidents have tried to find out about UFO's but have been denied. There IS a shadow government above the public government, there is no doubt about it at all anymore.

[edit on 2-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
This is exactly what the Disclosure Project witnesses have stated as well. All of the presidents have tried to find out about UFO's but have been denied. There IS a shadow government above the public government, there is no doubt about it at all anymore.
[edit on 2-10-2007 by Copernicus]

I don't know what you mean by "shadow gov" but above them is NWO AND even Reptilians

top topics

join