It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rap music- the anti virtue music of today?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
" its areflection os society "

I agree completely. One thing for sure if the antichrist is hiphop, he will fit in with the world, hell fit in anyway because the world is increasing wicked.

The main post is to compare virtue which I believe in and rap is antivirtue or promoting it.

Not all rap is bad. Im talking about hard core promotion of evil.

anyways christians know how to compare the original post virtue against this music.

peace.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
dude im sorry but you totally lost me in your last three posts...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Im trying to reply to too many people at once, please forgive me. i dont have a lot of time.

I should of made an observation only post, but christians who believe in virtue know that the anti virtue rap is complete opposite of virtues.

Oh by the way madness. My brother has a girlfreind who he sneaks around on. He comes over my house to call his numbers.

She doesnt know.

You see to some people life is not a shallow fling. She loves him and is faithful, and some women actually want to settle down and have a loving family which is what God intended.

But I guess slimeballs will always exist.

peace.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Well put madness. Well put indeed!

You have encapsulated all of the thoughts and feelings that I wish I could have responded with.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
Not all rap is bad. Im talking about hard core promotion of evil.

Why dont you go after real harcore music that actaully promotes the devil? There are super hardcore genres of heavy metal/thrash where the fans actually kill people for Satan and burn churches down. Isnt that about a hundred times worse than rap music?

I just dont understand what you have against rap in general. There are far worse forms of music that corrupt society. Are you sure youre not a racist?

I still want to know why you brought all of out Mom's vaginas into the picture in your initial post. Whats the deal?

[edit on 9/20/07 by Don Wahn]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
JIT i think it would be a good thing if you stopped and thought more about how to frame your arguments and then posted. As far as rap music being the antivirtue music of the day it is no worse than anyother type of music which glorifies the very same things. To come out and make such a blanket statement is just going to cause you more grief than anything else. Personally i dont care for most rap music, Personally i dont care for the negative message that for the most part is presented, but to blame the music solely for societies ills is just wrong.

You seem to have this hangup about gang members being the root of evil which for the most part is hardly the case, living in a large city have known and been friends with them, they are no better or worse than anyone else on the whole. You just cant condemn a whole subsection of people based on their social affliations.

You use your own brother to illustrate your point which probably isnt the best idea as you seem to be enabling him to have all these women on the side by allowing him to use your phone. Why are you not taking a stand against this. Also by using the music he listens to as an excuse for his behavior you are absolving him of all responsiblity for his own actions.

Also in closing if i may id like to ask where is it you come up with these broad sweeping generalizations, i mean are you just watching the televangilists or something?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Its ok to still have 30 different numbers around and stil be a player after hes supposed to be responsible to his children?

you just said he had 30 different numbers... you didn't put it into the context of "they're women he wants to have sex with repeatedly"

Your a pig.

i'll forgive you both for the personal attack and the bad grammar.

With no soul.

just like the rest of the living creatures on the planet...
though, coming from you, this is another personal attack

you have no clue what life is about.

life is about enjoying it while doing the most good for the most people and as little bad as possible.

Condoms are child prevention.

yes... i'm sure everyone on ATS knows this.

He wouldnt wear one anyway.

too bad, that's the big mistake he made
" Rap talks about society "

Yea. thats an excuse to not be positive and loving. Im happy all day. Can I rap about that?

yep. you can rap about anything. but the society it developed in is the primary topic of choice.

Of course they do this to keep their hardcore unsoft image, thats all.

...you need to take an anthropology and a sociology course....
learn to understand societies and cultures, then examine them

they are souls of God, but the rap about evil things like money sex and drugs, like thats all in life. promoting garbage.

money isn't an evil thing, it can do much good
sex isn't an evil thing
and drugs... if you believe in a god that created everything why did your god make natural substances that reacted with the body and brain in the way they do?

Christians you know how to tell what evil so discern for yourselves.

good, evil
these words you have know reasoning behind. to you they're about dogma, not what's right and wrong.

You will see what I mean after death.

you believe this and cannot prove it. please preface these types of statement with "i believe" so you won't be so blatantly arrogant

One thing is right, that he would still be a pig even if rap didnt exist, but being a player rap has made ok or cool.

so i guess you really don't believe in free will, because you say he was predestined for this.

Im talking about the ones (most of them) that kill people for initiation, they have no conscience or soul.

how many "gangsters" have you met in your life?
i've met many. for their initiations they don't normally need to kill people. what they do tend to get involved in is normally not that much worse than a frat house initiation but it can be as bad as a severe beating from the already initiated.

sure, i don't think they're a model for society, but these are people that do have a conscience, a mind, they love, laugh, live, suffer, and bleed as we all do. they do right as much as they do wrong.
these are victims of circumstance, not so much different from anyone here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join