It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's Illegal Dimona Nuclear Facility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Hello all,

I thought I'd do a thread on Israel's "illegal" nuclear facility of Dimona. Yes, we have all heard about it and read about it and thanks to the pictures obtained and released by Vanunu, it is the worst kept secret in the mid-east.

Here is a 5 minute documentary using vanunu's pictures and testmony and some pretty good 3D computer graphics to show us exactly what Israel has and is doing at it's Dimona plant.

www.youtube.com...

Now, before we go any further I would like to mention that I'd prefer contributors to this thread to comment of the illegality of the facility and implications on other nations and the double standards within the international community in general.

Here is some further information I found from the search function on Dimona here on ATS for those who want some more information -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now according to the google video above, Israel had built the rector in the 50's and produces approximately 10 nuclear weapons are year. Now if we say they started producing nuclear weapons conservitively in 1960 at 10 weapons per year, that would make them have about 470 nuclear weapons by now would it not?

Im not sure what the shelf life of a weapon is, but that seems like alot of "acknowledged illegal" weapons that they have.....the very same thing that Iran is trying to do now....or so we think.

The question should be, why is Israel allowed to flout international law and obtain illegal nuclear weaponary when nobody else is allowed the same luxury?

The US has now even placed Syria on the Nuclear watch list-
apnews.myway.com...

Sep 14, 11:31 AM (ET)

By NICOLE WINFIELD

ROME (AP) - A senior U.S. nuclear official said Friday that North Koreans were in Syria and that the government in Damascus may have had contacts with "secret suppliers" to obtain nuclear equipment.

Andrew Semmel, acting deputy assistant secretary of state for nuclear nonproliferation policy, did not name the suppliers, but said there were North Koreans in Syria and that he could not exclude that the network run by the disgraced Pakistan nuclear scientist A.Q. Khan may have been involved.

So Syria, Iran and North Korea have been placed on nuclear watch lists, even thou there is no actual evidence of a nuclear weapon being manufactured, but Israel, who HAS nuclear weapons does not get the same scrutiny!!! WTF

If the USA and the international community had any shred of credibility for the rule of law, then the rule of law would have been appied equally to everyone, meaning that Israel should have had airstrikes against it many years ago after defying numerous UN resolutions, the same goes for Iran, Syria etc.

Then you raise the question, why can the US, Russia,China, Britain, France, India and pakistan have nukes and deny others the same?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Hi Melbourne!

I could not agree more! I totally disagree with all nuclear proliferation but the massively biased approach by the U.S is worrying. However.....

Lets try and forget all the media hype and the propaganda disseminated by the US goverment and look at the facts.

Israel is an enemy of Iran. Iran has called for Israel to "be wiped off the map"

Israel has nuclear weapons.

Israel has American provided F-16's capable of delivering a nuclear weapon.

Iran does not currently have functioning nuclear weapon manufacturing facilities.

Iran does not have a functioning ICBM system, yet.

Iran is not a democracy, Israel has a fully functioning democratic society.

Iran supports Hamas and Hezbollah, known terrorist organisations.

Iranian leaders have publicy commented that only one nuclear weapon is needed to destroy Israel.

Israel has possed nuclear weapons for a long time and have never used them!

IMHO - Whilst I don't agree with biased non-proliferation I am of the opinion that an elected democracy with rational leaders and an excellent history of national security is the right type of country to posses nuclear weapons. As opposed to a theocracy, led by a seemingly irrational man (did anyone see the live BBC interview the other night?) with terrible national security that may lead to nukes ending up in the wrong hands and a history of active support of terrorist organisations!

Democracy, security and stability, I think that is the measure of who should have and who shouldn't have nuclear weapons.

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I absolutely agree with you stratsys-sws

[edit on 29-9-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Something to bear in mind, have any NPT signatory countries assisted Israel in it's Nuclear programme? Just wondering as that would of course put them in clear contravention of the treaty.
Just a wee issue to bear in mind when thinking about where Israels nuclear material came from

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Wow once again Melbourne i counldnt agree with you more and as I stated in a reply to your foreign troops taking over america thread I think that there is one country that a country like Iran poses a threat to if any threat at all considering Iran hasnt invaded another country since the persian greek wars. Iraq/Iran war was started by Iraq if Im not mistaking and the US government funded Iraq and Iran if Im not mistaken....I think there is a huge double standard and I think if there is to be a war it shouldnt be fought by us it should be fought by Isreal.

top topics

join