It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arms crossed with hands on each breast...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
When you see arms crossed and each hand(either open or closed) sitting on the breast area, what does this mean? Also have you seen it used within any religion?

I have seen it in baptism photos in the Jordon river but can't think where else?

I had a very religious dream and I woke up like this with great feeling of empathy & love. Just curious why I naturally put myself in such a position in my sleep.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I remember reading a comment regarding this somewhere, that described it as a bridging of polarities, making something whole...?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The position of the arms across the chest reminded me of pictures of Tutankhamun’s tomb where he’s shown holding the crook and flail across his chest. With that in mind, a quick search took me here, where it states;

”… The arms that lay crossed on the chest indicated that the mummy is indeed royal, for this position was reserved only for royal personages.”

Do pyramids feature in your dreams, at all?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It also means love - in international sign language.

The burial position of royal Egyptian mummies, however, was the first thing I thought of upon reading the title of this thread. Pyramids are powerful symbols and literally powerful objects.

top topics

join