It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timewave this September

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I was playing with the Timewave calculator and noticed that on 19/09/2007 there is a big dip. (White spot)

Here is a close up that pinpoints the date.

This is a java program and is available for download here:
timewave2012.com...

If you go by the conventional interpretation of timewave, we are 4 days away from a major turning point in the history. Of course, no one knows what and where, but, if you believe this stuff, 19 sept is an important day.

It will climb again up to 23/11/2007, where there is a peak and from there its all downhill till Dec 2012, where the wave ends.

[edit on 15/9/2007 by rocksolidbrain]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
forgive my ignorance but what is time wave ?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Is this "Time-wave" you referring to related to or the same as this "Collective Intelligence" thing? If so I seen a program on it and it made some sense.

Can you elaborate on this a bit more?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Silk

Read here :
en.wikipedia.org...

How to use the calculator:
ahpook.liber.us...

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
No offense to the OP, but I think this can be safely dismissed as claptrap.

I didn't know what a timewave was either, so I headed over to Wiki for a definition.

It is based on numerology and has something to do with the I Ching, as well as a non-proven pseudo-science, Novelty Theory:

There are several criticisms of novelty theory. Many contend that it is a sophistry based on a form of irrational scientism with pseudo-scientific premises and reasoning.

One criticism in this vein is that novelty is not defined in natural units. Another is that the supporting, corroborative arguments are based on subjective historical analysis. McKenna was adept at this, and Rupert Sheldrake complained that the theory required his personality for its demonstration. Another criticism is that the historical end point was chosen arbitrarily.

en.wikipedia.org...

It is also based on the Mayan Calendar, and though many people appear to have their panties in a twist that the world is going to end in 2012, I really doubt that anything of the sort is coming down the pike. If the Mayans could predict anything, you'd think they'd have been able to predict the destruction of their own civilization.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct
Is this "Time-wave" you referring to related to or the same as this "Collective Intelligence" thing? If so I seen a program on it and it made some sense.

Can you elaborate on this a bit more?

Well, as far as I know, its a theory by Terence McKenna and the timewave shows how things change. The dips are periods of novelty and the climbs are periods of routine, his interpretation says. Of course there are more opinions on this. You can find more info on above wiki link or just enter timewave in Google.

Interesting thing is after 23 Nov this year, we will never return to the old ways and the world will change rapidly and permanently.

Of course these are speculations.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Just in looking at the last major dip, I can say that this theory doesn't work.

There was no major turning point in history last November 16 that I remember or can find on the web.

Sorry, rocksolidbrain. I can't back this particular horse.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

Sorry a buch of trash then

what a load of bunkum and just proves one is born every minute - what happened to deny IGNORANCE

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

LOL thats true, what can I say, I'm not actually convinced myself. Timewave never predicted anything. Its a graph and open to interpretation.

The date 21/12/2012 was fixed arbitrarily by McKenna, guessing from Mayan calender. Anyway I always find it interesting. It is a true fractal and I feel it has some meaning.....what? I don't know.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Stats is a curious science - for instance try confidence intervals - to prove something is accurate you choose a confidence interval - get this YOU choose the likelihood - this aint maths or science just guesswork. Sorry pal but this doesnt have any creedence.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Stats is a curious science - for instance try confidence intervals - to prove something is accurate you choose a confidence interval - get this YOU choose the likelihood - this aint maths or science just guesswork. Sorry pal but this doesnt have any creedence.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It is an interesting theory, though, RSB. 20 years ago I'd probably have bought it hook, line, and sinker. Didn't mean to disparage or anything, just doing my job as the Bull Spanker.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
This 'Time Wave' thing is dead on!

[/sarcasm]

Here are probably two of the most significant dates in the last 10 years:

September 11, 2001 (one of the largest terrorist attacks in world history):

April 1, 2005 (the day that Pope John Paul II passed away):

[edit on 15-9-2007 by BigSteam]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BigSteam

In essence i get your drift, but I think you are missing the point, because timewave doesn't predict events, its about general trends in the universe.

Those events are hardly important from a broader perspective, wars and death are daily routine on earth. Most of the people on earth don't even know what a pope is and who is pope and what popes do.

Try something like emergence of life and some paradigm shifting discoveries etc. I don't guarantee that there will be a co-relation but.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
intresting post brain,i will be watching with my limited perception for any "signs"

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BigSteam

I could argue that in the two graphs displayed, although the events weren't exactly at the specific turning points on the timewave, they were pretty damn close.

The 9/11 event was in the middle of the declining peak (meaning increasing novelty) - correct.

The death of the Pope was right near the first increasing peak, after which the chart more or less leveled out (not much changed worldwide).

PS. lmao the day that Pope John Paul II passed away... You really think this is one of the two most significant dates in the last 10 years? Maybe it is or maybe I'd have to be Catholic to understand why you'd think that, but I'd put that one down as maybe #100 or so.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

When I was younger, the big thing of the day was a thing called "Biorythmic significance and calculations" it has little left to be desired as a "True" form of scientific awareness of probability and out come, but it is interesting when one can calculate some pondered thoughts of ones "Alignments" in and of life as individuals.
Heres the Calculation page for you to give it a try, it's easy and sort of fun by way of curiousities. But first the "Definition" of what this is and what it exactly pertains to as far as "Individual Inquiries", "Have fun with it!!"

Definition:
en.wikipedia.org...

Calculator on-line:
biorhythms.perbang.dk...

new topics

top topics

join